• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023-24 Expectations

How will Griz Finish the season?

• National Champions

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • BSC Champions

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • BRAWL Winners

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • Semifinalists

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Quarterfinalists

Votes: 32 37.2%
  • Out in first round

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Miss playoffs

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • bobcats Suck

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoldierGriz

DONOR
Given the coaching adjustments and a relatively "easy" schedule - how will next season's Griz finish?

You may select 3.

I think we'll beat the cats and make the quarterfinals, and if we do better than that (win the BSC, and/or make the semis or better), then we'll be back on track.

With our easy schedule, any worse than that, especially if we lose to the cats again, and I think you really consider moving on from Hauck.

3 is not enough. If I wanted to choose National champs, con winners, and brawl winners, I’m not allowed to pick the mandatory scats suck option. I had to skip the con winners and that’s not a true representation of my hopes for this team.

I expect what everyone here expects:

- undefeated record
- national championship
- 550 yard of offense per game
- 48 points per game
- defense only gives up 75 yards per game
-defense only gives up 6 points per game
- vidlak wins the heisman

Anything less than this…..well Bobby. And Robby for that matter.

I think we are gonna get back on track this season, and I voted for a trip to the semis cause I think that's absolutely attainable. Did Bobby not mention "wholesale changes" in the press release yesterday? I think the offense schematically is going to look a lot different this season then it did last season. Not to mention that our entire starting Oline returns, our starting Tight End returns, Junior Bergen, Keelan White and Aaron Fontes all return, and we have an extremely deep RB room (Ostmo, Harris, Childs, Gillman, Young) that's just as good if not better then the cats RB room. Plus we also bring in Vidlak at QB who may I remind you was being recruited by about half of the PAC 12 schools when he was in the portal. The kid has a cannon of an arm and with the talent he has around him at RB and WR he really doesn't have to do much. Just don't make any mistakes.

As far as the defense, IDK if it will be as good as the last 2 seasons, but if the offense can hold their end of the rope, then we don't have to rely on the defense as much. Part of the reason the defense got destroyed against the cats and NDSU was because the offense was failing to sustain drives and put points on the board. When you play those teams, they're gonna score points. It's unreasonable to think you're going to hold them to 10-14 points. They got gassed from being on the field so much that they had breakdowns, largely because the offense wasn't doing their part. This season I believe this team will be a lot more balanced on both sides of the ball and one side will not have to rely on the other side as much as the last 2 seasons.

If this team goes 10-1 and wins 3 out of 4 against the Vandy's, Davis, SAC, and the cats then they are absolutely in line to get a top 4 seed and maybe a top 2 if they get some help. If they go 11-0, which I think is attainable, then Frisco may very well be in the cards. Let's see the changes to the scheme on offense before we go any further. The personnel and talent is there. Now it's just putting them in a position to succeed! The only question that still needs to be addressed this offseason is backup QB. Whether that's Abbott, or bringing somebody in this summer. If we get that, I like this teams chances to go far in the playoffs!

uofmman1122 said:
I think we'll beat the cats and make the quarterfinals, and if we do better than that (win the BSC, and/or make the semis or better), then we'll be back on track.

With our easy schedule, any worse than that, especially if we lose to the cats again, and I think you really consider moving on from Hauck.

Agree with quarters - that's what I voted. I don't think they win the conference, and I'm not sure the Griz can/will win the Brawl. But, they should get a decent seed if they can hold it together against idaho and sac. I also agree with another poster - the staff HAS TO find a capable back-up QB - please for the sake of all things maroon.

Everyone knows how I feel about the current staff, but there are some positives going into this season - especially the favorable schedule.

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

Agree with quarters - that's what I voted. I don't think they win the conference, and I'm not sure the Griz can/will win the Brawl. But, they should get a decent seed if they can hold it together against idaho and sac. I also agree with another poster - the staff HAS TO find a capable back-up QB - please for the sake of all things maroon.

Everyone knows how I feel about the current staff, but there are some positives going into this season - especially the favorable schedule.
The cats were absolute dogshit on the road last year (only +12 point differential vs. +216 at home while giving up an average of nearly 3 more TDs on defense against mostly bad teams), so if they don't figure that out this next season, they're gonna have a hard time, especially in Missoula. If the cats are going to be perennial contenders, we at least need to get to the point where we win at home every other year.

Agreed with everything else, though. I think we're looking for a Cam Humphrey-esque summer signing for a backup QB. If they don't get one, we might be stuck with either a guy we have very little faith in coming back, or one or more guys who have zero D1 experience and couldn't beat out said unreliable guy last year. I'm hoping we see our first full starting QB season since 2018, though. Most of the other top teams as of late have had fewer seasons where their QB was injured than we've had seasons where our starter wasn't injured.

uofmman1122 said:

No way would UM move on from Hauck. He has way too many important supporters and believers for that.

HookedonGriz said:

- undefeated record
- national championship
- 48 points per game

This is the problem with Griz football. Fans like you have become complacent with the above. If we don't cure ebola and become the first football team to play on the moon in 2023, the season will be a failure. M-O-O-N #moonbowl That should be the expectation.

mthoopsfan said:
uofmman1122 said:

No way would UM move on from Hauck. He has way too many important supporters and believers for that.
You're probably right, but that's gonna be tested if things get worse. For the record, I don't think they will, and he'll likely get another extension.

uofmman1122 said:
mthoopsfan said:
t
You're probably right, but that's gonna be tested if things get worse. For the record, I don't think they will, and he'll likely get another extension.

Soldier probably thinks the 49ers should fire the coach because their good qb got hurt in the semis and they got smoked. And that Reid should be fired if Mahomes hadn't been able to play the second half in the Super Bowl and lead them back to victory. Not recognizing that there is usually a significant drop off if a good starter can't play against a top team due to injury, is beyond stupid to me. At least, the NFL can pay more for good backups and bring in more during the season. Nevertheless, even the NFL teams often struggle with backups. In colleges, it's tougher, because you can't pay more money to get a good backup or bring one in during the season. I agree that having a good backup is important in college. But getting a good backup and keeping him happy enough to stick around isn't easy, and doesn't always occur.

I expect soldier to regurgitate his canned criticisms regardless of how the Griz do. I find them as enlightening and informing as the washing instructions on a bottle of shampoo.

BTW, I'm so dismayed with the trajectory of this team I doubled my season ticket purchases.

horribilisfan8184 said:
I expect soldier to regurgitate his canned criticisms regardless of how the Griz do. I find them as enlightening and informing as the washing instructions on a bottle of shampoo.

BTW, I'm so dismayed with the trajectory of this team I doubled my season ticket purchases.

If the team trajectory gets any higher, Biden will probably send expensive jets to shoot it down.

mthoopsfan said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

If the team trajectory gets any higher, Biden will probably send expensive jets to shoot it down.

We have to shoot it so we know what's in it!

horribilisfan8184 said:
mthoopsfan said:

We have to shoot it so we know what's in it!
It's only $400,000 a shot, what's everyone complaining about. Double that when they miss the first one. $12 science project balloons are a challenge to bring down.

HookedonGriz said:

- undefeated record
- national championship
- 48 points per game

Preseason champs again! :clap:

mthoopsfan said:
uofmman1122 said:
t

Soldier probably thinks the 49ers should fire the coach because their good qb got hurt in the semis and they got smoked. And that Reid should be fired if Mahomes hadn't been able to play the second half in the Super Bowl and lead them back to victory. Not recognizing that there is usually a significant drop off if a good starter can't play against a top team due to injury, is beyond stupid to me. At least, the NFL can pay more for good backups and bring in more during the season. Nevertheless, even the NFL teams often struggle with backups. In colleges, it's tougher, because you can't pay more money to get a good backup or bring one in during the season. I agree that having a good backup is important in college. But getting a good backup and keeping him happy enough to stick around isn't easy, and doesn't always occur.

I said none of those things...don't lie Playa; it is unbecoming.

horribilisfan8184 said:

Nope. Go back to early last season and you'll see that I was praising the team as much as anyone on here.

You've lost your mind if you think I cheer against the Griz.

SoldierGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

I said none of those things...don't lie Playa; it is unbecoming.

I didn’t say you did. I said you probably think those things. If you don’t, feel free to tell us what you think. You seem to think that Hauck should be fired because Johnson got hurt. Or, do you think Johnson getting didn’t impact the season?

Latest posts

Back