• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Up: NoColo ... Now NAU

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdaGriz01

On paper, a home game against Northern Colorado (2-7 BSC, 7-14 overall) looks like a slam dunk win for the Griz. But there are a couple flies in the ointment, given how inconsistent the Griz have been. The Bear’s conference record is terrible because they started con play with a five-game losing streak. But they’re 2-2 over their most recent four games, including a win on the road at Portland State. Yes, they are a bad team, but perhaps not as bad as their record shows. Let’s also not forget that the Griz are 1-3 over their last four games.

I believe the Griz will win, but I don’t expect to be comfortable until they show a 10+ point lead with maybe a minute or so to go.

Well we let Softball hijack the board for a couple days, let's talk some hoops again. The Griz need to sweep this home stand. If they can, they're back to a .500 record in conference play and firmly back into the top 6 which guarantees you a bye in the conference tournament. Theoretically, they should sweep this home stand but as we've all learned, Thursdays have not been kind to us this year. Will we have Moody back tomorrow? We played pretty well without him, but I'd like to have him available.

There is plenty of talent on that UNCo team. IMHO, they have not performed up to their potential. That may be due to having young, inexperienced post players. Their interior D has been an inferior D. Offensively, their talent is mostly on the outside. UM matches up really well with them. You just have to keep their shooters from going off on you.

This should be a Griz win, but anything can, and often does, happen.

I’d be disappointed if we don’t win both. Griz need to protect home court. Anyone know status of Anderson and Moody?
I’ve been critical of the team’s performance and pretty much laid the blame on the coaching staffs inability to find the right combinations. I was encouraged by last weeks performance against PS. The come to Jesus meeting with the team after the SS debacle hopefully cleared the air and we’ll see a different team this weekend. Hope springs eternal.

Oke already getting a tip, then offensive rebound on 1 possession to keep the possession. This guy is always near loose balls.

griznative24 said:
The sound quality and volume compared to the ads is hilarious

I have to mute the commercials on ESPN+. They jack up the volume so much it’ll blow the speakers on my TV.

And in the last 3 minutes a 10 point lead becomes a 3 point halftime lead. No lead is safe with this team.

AZGrizFan said:
And in the last 3 minutes a 10 point lead becomes a 3 point halftime lead. No lead is safe with this team.
So true! Sad :(

(Hence my comment to start the thread.)

AZGrizFan said:

…like the threads on here…
…no thread is safe…

… :lol: …

First game in person this year. Fun times, enjoyed a beer in the beer garden for the first 5 min.

Decent crowd, avg age has to be 60+

We have the most annoying announcer in the Big Sky. Someone needs to sit him down, and tell him to quit repeating the same topic over and over and over. How many times has he said the Bears have not been swept in 5 years? At least 15-16 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back