• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Next Up: Sac State

IdaGriz01

Since no one else "ventured forth" .... here goes.

I must admit, I'm not real optimistic ... given the recent troubles for the Griz. It does little good to note that the Griz have been close in their conference losses – a total of 20 points in five games.That's an average of two FGs per game, and they've not lost by more than 7. (Includes a 1-point loss in OT.) But, just as a "win is a win," a "loss is a loss." Unless they turn it around, the Griz may not even qualify for a first-round bye in the conference tournament. Given their lack of quality depth, that could be a really big deal.

Still, while not optimistic, we are hopeful. Got our Griz gear on and hoping for the best.

GO GRIZ! :egriz:

It is said that the NBA is a make or miss league. I feel the same about this conference. EWU is 8-0, which is very hard to do. And not to minimize what they have done, because undefeated is undefeated, but no one is shaking in their boots at the prospect of facing EWU. You can make the argument that Jones and Moffitt at Idaho and Knecht and Kountz at UNC are more talented than EWU’s top 2 players and these are two teams at the bottom of the conference.

Take a look at KenPom’s predictions for tonight’s games:

UNC over NAU 77-76
MSU over PSU 74-71
WSU over IDA 68-67
SAC over MON 66-64
EWU over ISU 76-66

4 games are essentially coin flips.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see any team win 3 in a row or lose 3 in the row.

I will stick with my preseason prediction of 5th place. I think Griz can put together some wins and move up in the standings before Boise.

Maybe it’s me? Up 24-19 when I tune in, watch them miss about 8 shots in the paint in a row, have given up 5 straight to get tied, and now it’s Sac ball…gonna shut it off for the sake of the team…

AZGrizFan said:
Maybe it’s me? Up 24-19 when I tune in, watch them miss about 8 shots in the paint in a row, have given up 5 straight to get tied, and now it’s Sac ball…gonna shut it off for the sake of the team…

Becoming a fan of someone else might be the best thing you could do for Griz athletics. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back