• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who will be the #37 this year?

reinell30

eGriz Club
DONOR
Looking over the Montana kids, I am having a tough time for this? Maybe Janacaro? I just don't know?

Junior Bergen is the only correct answer. But the player chooses whoever they feel like so probably Janacaro or Hill

Smart ass answer:
Bobby will retire the number in honor of “The Greatest Tackler in the History of the Conference” even though he never wore it.

Honest answer:
Levi Janacaro.

Unpopular option: the tradition is dropped this year. NIL policies make it a hotbed for controversy. I would hate to see that though.

This will be the first time ever a grad assistant is given a number and it will be 37....Robbie MFing Hauck!

Bertram said:
Unpopular option: the tradition is dropped this year. NIL policies make it a hotbed for controversy. I would hate to see that though.

The University doesn't own the 37 tradition. They own the jersey with the trademarked Griz on it, nothing else.

Bertram said:

NIL had ZERO to do with Hauck crying like a little bitch last year. Actually the last two years for those of you who know the whole story. The real story. UM isn’t the only program in the country that has a special number with NIL implications. Several do and they have all dealt with it successfully. Sure it took UM longer to do it but it didn’t require halting any part of the process. Plus, I doubt Bobby gives a damn who gets it this year now that his kid is gone.

hubcap said:
Bertram said:

NIL had ZERO to do with Hauck crying like a little bitch last year. Actually the last two years for those of you who know the whole story. The real story. UM isn’t the only program in the country that has a special number with NIL implications. Several do and they have all dealt with it successfully. Sure it took UM longer to do it but it didn’t require halting any part of the process. Plus, I doubt Bobby gives a damn who gets it this year now that his kid is gone.

Sounds like you don’t know the real, real, whole story. Those of us who know the real, real, whole story know exactly what happened. Sorry, can’t say more. Rest assured that I know and you don’t.

CDAGRIZ said:
hubcap said:

Sounds like you don’t know the real, real, whole story. Those of us who know the real, real, whole story know exactly what happened. Sorry, can’t say more. Rest assured that I know and you don’t.

Just wow... :lol:
This made me laugh quite a lot! And not in a bad, smartass way. Just really liked the comment based on everyone knowing everything on here. Maybe the "extra real" made me picture little kids arguing or something. Not sure. Good work.

I think the good answer is Bergen, but likely will stay defense until someone is brave enough to "cross over". So...Hill.

Special teams, Rohrbach!!
Well at least the same guy would have it for the next three years. 🤣
Bergen would be a good choice however.

That'd be so weird seeing a receiver wear 37. Most receivers typically wear 1-29 or 80-89. That would take some getting used to for sure, even though I do think Bergen would be great to wear it.

I thought the number '37' was reserved for Montana kids that also play defense. Since the tradition, so to speak, started with a Kraig Paulson, defensive coordinator at some time or other; or so I'm led to believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. Or you could just say you're God's gift to the human race, but I think that's reserved for tinseltown, though.

WyomingGrizFan said:
I thought the number '37' was reserved for Montana kids that also play defense. Since the tradition, so to speak, started with a Kraig Paulsen, defensive coordinator at some time or other; or so I'm led to believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. Or you could just say you're God's gift to the human race, but I think that's reserved for tinseltown, though.

He played offense.

Assuming the #37 stays on the defensive side of the ball, I think the frontrunner has got to be Levi Janacaro.

But if I had my pick, Garrett Graves would be wearing it. He's not our best defensive player, but he's a leader and selfless teammate. And I think his commitment to the team and his willingness to become a contributor wherever they put him on the field (he's played QB, RB, WR, KR, S) epitomizes the "pride and tradition" of the Montana Grizzlies.

Ringneck said:
Assuming the #37 stays on the defensive side of the ball, I think the frontrunner has got to be Levi Janacaro.

But if I had my pick, Garrett Graves would be wearing it. He's not our best defensive player, but he's a leader and selfless teammate. And I think his commitment to the team and his willingness to become a contributor wherever they put him on the field (he's played QB, RB, WR, KR, S) epitomizes the "pride and tradition" of the Montana Grizzlies.

My pick as well.

Back