• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The U made the U list

Linebackers and:

"Special Teams U.: Montana

New Category

If you’re looking at the here and now, it’s hard to go beyond Montana’s special teams, which in their last three seasons have been working together at an elite level. Consider this: Brian Buschini transferred after being the Stats Perform first-team All-America punter in 2021, but Patrick Rohrbach stepped in this past year and was a second-team All-American, joined by kickoff returner Malik Flowers and punt returner Junior Bergen with the same accolade. Flowers also was the third-team choice in 2021, while long snapper Matthew O’Donoghue was both the first-team choice in 2019 and the second-team selection in 2021."

mthoopsfan said:
Linebackers and:

New Category

If you’re looking at the here and now, it’s hard to go beyond Montana’s special teams, which in their last three seasons have been working together at an elite level. Consider this: Brian Buschini transferred after being the Stats Perform first-team All-America punter in 2021, but Patrick Rohrbach stepped in this past year and was a second-team All-American, joined by kickoff returner Malik Flowers and punt returner Junior Bergen with the same accolade. Flowers also was the third-team choice in 2021, while long snapper Matthew O’Donoghue was both the first-team choice in 2019 and the second-team selection in 2021."

Hoops likes elite punters and kick returners. Most people like elite offenses and defenses.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Linebackers and:

New Category

Hoops likes elite punters and kick returners. Most people like elite offenses and defenses.

I like good offense, defenses and special teams. Just like virtually every coach in America.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Linebackers and:

New Category

I don't think we need to denigrate our punters and kick returners. I LOVE having them...they're absolute weapons.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Linebackers and:

New Category

On the hunt constantly for an opening for a negative dig even when there isn't one.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Linebackers and:

New Category

And uptop like the cats.

RainierGriz said:
uptopgriz said:

And uptop like the cats.

Oh yes. I've just had season ticket to UM since 1991, member of the QB Club, and have been to every national championship. The difference is, I've seen great Griz teams and what we currently have isn't even close.

uptopgriz said:

So do coaches and fans who understand that field position plays a critical role in winning football games. Punters who can regularly pin teams inside their own 10 yard line and returners who can flip the field with a dynamic return are literally game changers.

uptopgriz said:
RainierGriz said:
And uptop like the cats.

Oh yes. I've just had season ticket to UM since 1991, member of the QB Club, and have been to every national championship. The difference is, I've seen great Griz teams and what we currently have isn't even close.

I've been coming to games since the 50's (as a kid with my dad, who played a bit for the Griz), you couldn't even remember the last national championship game, I don't believe you are a member of the qb club, and you don't understand football. You are the George Santos of egriz. I loved the SNL spoofs of Santos. "You said your parents survived the Holocaust?" "Yes, and they were the ones who told Anne Frank to write everything down."

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

I've been coming to games since the 50's (as a kid with my dad, who played a bit for the Griz), you couldn't even remember the last national championship game, I don't believe you are a member of the qb club, and you don't understand football. You are the George Santos of egriz. I loved the SNL spoofs of Santos. "You said your parents survived the Holocaust?" "Yes, and they were the ones who told Anne Frank to write everything down."

I thought you lived in longhouse on the Rez or was it that your family owns half of Bozeman? I can’t keep track of all your lies.

AZGrizFan said:
uptopgriz said:

I don't think we need to denigrate our punters and kick returners. I LOVE having them...they're absolute weapons.

No kidding. Without Flowers and Bergen, SEMO doesn't happen.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Linebackers and:

New Category

Unfortunately elite punt returners are only of value when the other team punts. MSU, for example, didn’t punt against us…

uptopgriz said:
RainierGriz said:
And uptop like the cats.

drama-queen-attention.jpg

BozAngelesGriz said:
uptopgriz said:

Unfortunately elite punt returners are only of value when the other team punts. MSU, for example, didn’t punt against us…

This!

BozAngelesGriz said:
uptopgriz said:

I think UM had the second most punt returns in the nation.

Hoops, we're still waiting to hear the story of how your family went from a two-room shack on the rez to owning half of Bozeman...you keep avoiding that question.

BozAngelesGriz said:
uptopgriz said:

I think most on here have acknowledged that that was a very bad game for us. Just like the 2021 Brawl was a very bad game for MSU. So what's the new readership you're trying to reach?

Oldschoolhornet said:
Hoops, we're still waiting to hear the story of how your family went from a two-room shack on the rez to owning half of Bozeman...you keep avoiding that question.

First, you obviously didn't understand the joke. Do you really think anyone owns half the property in Bozeman? How gullible are you? Second, google Simkins and Graff families in Bozeman, area real estate, street and development names, and the Big Sky Town Center. Do you think Bozeman was a good place to have a lumberyard for 75 years? It has supplied 75% of the materials to Big Sky/YC over the years. Do you think the Town Center isn't worth anything? By the way, hard work and education are how my family got ahead. Investing in the start-up tech companies in Bozeman and making 10X doesn't hurt either. That was an advantage of eventually living in Bozeman and representing the top tech companies in the state.

Back