• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Baer and Sacks Retire

NikeGrizz

https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1617658631180386307?s=46&t=dbdAh4gYXpus6_zJv7Y84g

https://gogriz.com/news/2023/1/23/football-griz-lose-pair-of-veteran-coaches.aspx

Known and expected...wish these two nothing but the best.

...wrong side of the ball for changes...

SoldierGriz said:

Xactly! Not where we need the biggest changes. Couple quality guys who will be missed. Good for them though

Jesus Christ it took them long enough. We've known about this for about a month and a half now. I really liked Sacks and am sad to see him go. Baer's a great dude as well. I'd like to see Ronnie Bradford promoted to DC and a new face coaching the DL. Now we patiently wait for changes on the offensive side!

Bradford for DC: He played in the NFL for 10 years and coached there for 6 or so. Then on to college.

griz71 said:
SoldierGriz said:

Xactly! Not where we need the biggest changes. Couple quality guys who will be missed. Good for them though
Hard to forget the age-est venom from AZ when these two guys were appointed. For a five year period, the best UM defense I can recall.

Spent many years coaching against both of them. Great competitors, coaches and men. Had to recruit against Barry many times...he was relentless, classy and extremely effective. You might find a defensive line coach near his caliber but it is highly unlikely you will find a replacement of the same level as Sacks as a recruiter. Huge loss for your program.

Oldschoolhornet said:
Spent many years coaching against both of them. Great competitors, coaches and men. Had to recruit against Barry many times...he was relentless, classy and extremely effective. You might find a defensive line coach near his caliber but it is highly unlikely you will find a replacement of the same level as Sacks as a recruiter. Huge loss for your program.
Thanks for that insight; totally consistent with what we saw here. And just a fun guy, full of energy.

kemajic said:
Oldschoolhornet said:
Thanks for that insight; totally consistent with what we saw here. And just a fun guy, full of energy.

6th place. The results speak for themself.

:clap: :clap: :clap: thank you for the input.
Oldschoolhornet said:

uptopgriz said:
kemajic said:

6th place. The results speak for themself.

I agree, the results do speak for themselves. I’ve never seen a more dominant linebacker core.

Back