• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Schedule

KDyrud

Vs. Butler
@ Utah Tech
Vs. Ferris State
@NAU
Vs. Idaho State
@ UC Davis
@ Idaho
Vs. Northern Colorado
Vs. Sac State
@ Portland State
Vs. Little Brother

Similar schedule to recent years with the likely-hood of starting 5-0 looking very likely. Idaho brings a ton of offense back but the defense does lose quite a bit. A new look Sac without the dual QB and a new coach will be interesting. I think 9-2 seems very reasonable with this schedule, who ever knows with the scats. With some solid QB play and some suring up against the run, I honestly don't see why we couldn't be 10-1. 8-3 seems more likely if our quarterbacks struggle.

We need to get rid if Ferris State if it's not to late, UC-Davis showed what happens in 2022 when you schedule yourself out of the playoffs

poorgriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
Now do msu since you’re such an expert.

9-2 or 8-3.
Which bubcat home game are you most excited for?

I glanced at your schedule and it looks like a total nap-fest. Interest is already waning as evidenced by that poorly attended playoff game with half full stadias.

If I could pick a bubcat home game, it would definitely be against Stetson. :lol: :lol:

Are you guys seriously playing the cowboy hat company?

I can’t wait. Will they be handing out foam hats to everyone? I will have a lifetime of material.

Ut-Grizfan said:
We need to get rid if Ferris State if it's not to late, UC-Davis showed what happens in 2022 when you schedule yourself out of the playoffs
At this point, we'd likely have to replace it with an away game, since most teams don't want to schedule a home-and-home with us this late without us going there first (this is what Idaho did this year to replace their D2 game).

Unfortunately, no matter how much the fanbase and team don't want to play a D2, only playing 5 home games is not an option.

uofmman1122 said:
Ut-Grizfan said:
At this point, we'd likely have to replace it with an away game, since most teams don't want to schedule a home-and-home with us this late without us going there first (this is what Idaho did this year to replace their D2 game).

Unfortunately, no matter how much the fanbase and team don't want to play a D2, only playing 5 home games is not an option.

Financially I realize it's much better for the University to have a home game, but I'd much rather the Griz hit the road and played a FCS team vs playing at home against a D2.

poorgriz said:
8-3 or 7-4, playoff bubble.

I don't believe you're far off. I see losses to Davis, Idaho, and the cats....and a 4th loss is not out of the question.

Griz2k said:
uofmman1122 said:

Financially I realize it's much better for the University to have a home game, but I'd much rather the Griz hit the road and played a FCS team vs playing at home against a D2.
I hear you, but it's not a matter of what's better or not, the U will never give up a 6th home game no matter what.

uofmman1122 said:
Griz2k said:
I hear you, but it's not a matter of what's better or not, the U will never give up a 6th home game no matter what.

Ya, of course not. I just hope that game against Ferris doesn't come back and bite them in the ass.

Griz2k said:
uofmman1122 said:

Ya, of course not. I just hope that game against Ferris doesn't come back and bite them in the ass.
Historically, we've only ever been screwed out of the playoffs because of a D2 game once since 2000 in 2010 when we played Western State to open the year and finished 7-4. As I like to point out in these threads, 3 of the last 5 times we've gone to the national championship (2001, 2008, 2009), we played a D2 team, so it's not necessarily the kiss of death for a season.

Losing to Ferris would be the only thing guaranteed to screw us over, and it doesn't help that they're the best D2 team in the country.

I think many on here will be surprised on how good Ferris will be. I have multiple D2 national championship rings, and that was legit football. At least the good teams are, there are 2 good D 2 football conferences. Ferris is in one of them. That’s a game the Griz will lose if they come out thinking they’ve already won. Think first playoff game this year.

Back