• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz vs Cats

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Fun first half. Griz were down 10 early and our freshman single handedly got us back. 37-35 at half, cats up 2. We have to quit turning the ball over. And gfeller has only played 2-3 minutes due to early foul trouble. Konig and Stump playing out of their minds for freshmen.

Chucknduck said:
Why Huard still starts over Stump makes no sense to me.

Stump can create for herself while Huard isn’t that type of player. Face guard Huard and you eliminate her offensively.

Gfeller completely disappeared in this game. Did absolutely nothing and turned the ball over a bunch. Our freshman outplayed our upper classmen, by a lot. Good for our future I guess.

Holsinger is showing way to much respect to his upperclassmen. Both Konig and Stump each scored more than Gfeller, Fatkin and Marxen combined. In a critical game not only for in-state bragging rights but the reputation of the Lady Griz program, these three really stunk it up.

Stump was a big get for us out of the state of Washington and Konig was a Top 100 recruit on Hoop Gurlz. It shows. Not only are they the future of this program, they're the present too. Time for Holsinger to recognize it.

Marxen has been a bit of a disappointment IMO. She’s still a solid PG, but not quite the same player she was at Idaho.

Fatkin is pretty inconsistent and Gfeller has some games where she disappears.

Not what you’d like to see from your trio of seniors.

I agree it may be time for some line-up changes. The 2 freshman plus Bartsch as a sophomore (not a big scorer but look at her rebound stats) should get more playing I think. Tough schedule ahead and after this weekend 5 of 7 are on the road. Lots of talent on the team but something not clicking so time to shake things up

I officially declare this to be THE rebuild year! A lot of synergy with this team, when all on, otherwise, I've seen enough of our seniors, time to fill the slots with recruits/transfers.

OregonStateFan said:
Marxen has been a bit of a disappointment IMO. She’s still a solid PG, but not quite the same player she was at Idaho.

Marxen is a Junior.

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1617243126804156416

https://twitter.com/SkylineSportsMT/status/1617242218364043268

maroonandsilver said:
BrownBear9501 said:
Anyone know what the spat between Holsinger and Nate Harris mid game was all about?

It had already gotten going before I noticed it. It was ugly.

Very public. Very loud. It erupted right in front of the kids sitting on the bench. I watched the two coaches involved (Holsinger and Harris) discuss and shake hands post-game, but I dunno...

HelenaHandBasket said:
OregonStateFan said:

Marxen is a Junior.
She's technically a senior. She started three years at Idaho. She's just listed as a junior because I believe she's already confirmed she's coming back. I believe Gfeller also has another year of eligibility.

Different schools list players differently because of the COVID year.

Back