• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz add 5 transfers arriving for this semester; also I. Young

mthoopsfan

"The Grizzly football program officially added five new transfers to the roster on the first week of classes at the University of Montana head coach Bobby Hauck announced Friday.

Montana bolstered the defense with three additions in key positions, with redshirt senior D-lineman Hayden Harris coming in from UCLA, redshirt sophomore DB Ronald Jackson from Akron, and redshirt sophomore linebacker Riley Wilson from Hawaii.

The offense added more bulk up front with redshirt sophomore tackle Cannon Panfiloff coming to UM out of Utah Tech. He'll be blocking for redshirt sophomore quarterback Sam Vidlak, who comes to Missoula out of Boise State.

Each of the five has enrolled in classes at UM and will join the team in time for winter conditioning.

Also joining the team in time for winter conditioning is 2023 high school signee Iverson Young, who graduated early from Waxahachie High School and enrolled in classes at UM in the spring semester."

https://gogriz.com/news/2023/1/20/football-griz-add-five-transfers-to-the-roster.aspx

Hell yeah! When we got that big meanie on the line, I started to feel better about next year. Still got a ways to go, but I’m pumped!

Some great interviews with the new transfers through Eric Taber. Sound like a great group of young men who are excited to be Griz:

Riley Wilson

https://soundcloud.com/umgrizzlies/get-to-know-riley-wilson?si=621a37bd9b9f441cb18e160b295c5ff2&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Sam Vidlak

https://soundcloud.com/umgrizzlies/get-to-know-sam-vidlak?si=621a37bd9b9f441cb18e160b295c5ff2&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Cannon Panfiloff (loves Metallica and pancaking people….this guys gonna be fun)

https://soundcloud.com/umgrizzlies/get-to-know-cannon-panfiloff?si=621a37bd9b9f441cb18e160b295c5ff2&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=social_sharing

RJ Jackson

https://soundcloud.com/umgrizzlies/get-to-know-ronald-jackson?si=621a37bd9b9f441cb18e160b295c5ff2&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Hayden Harris

https://soundcloud.com/umgrizzlies/get-to-know-hayden-harris?si=621a37bd9b9f441cb18e160b295c5ff2&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Griz Addict said:
Strange how Wilson mentioned Baer when he's supposed to be retired... hmm false ino? 🤔

I don’t think so. I think Baer was still helping and recruiting until everything was finalized. At least that’s my understanding.

The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. We're getting more giveth than taketh. Strong class.

kemajic said:
The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. We're getting more giveth than taketh. Strong class.

I think, that's the most Griz Nation can hope for every off season. We're certainly better off than many other FCS programs. Then again, a lot can happen from spring camp to fall.

mtgrizrule said:
kemajic said:

I think, that's the most Griz Nation can hope for every off season. We're certainly better off than many other FCS programs. Then again, a lot can happen from spring camp to fall.

I won't be surprised if we see 1-2 qbs depart after they see the writing on the wall. Honestly I hope we run a 2 qb system with Vidlak and Abbott and do something similar to Sac st

Griz Addict said:
mtgrizrule said:

I won't be surprised if we see 1-2 qbs depart after they see the writing on the wall. Honestly I hope we run a 2 qb system with Vidlak and Abbott and do something similar to Sac st

Maybe we can talk some of them to playing safety.

mthoopsfan said:
"The Grizzly football program officially added five new transfers to the roster on the first week of classes at the University of Montana head coach Bobby Hauck announced Friday.

Montana bolstered the defense with three additions in key positions, with redshirt senior D-lineman Hayden Harris coming in from UCLA, redshirt sophomore DB Ronald Jackson from Akron, and redshirt sophomore linebacker Riley Wilson from Hawaii.

The offense added more bulk up front with redshirt sophomore tackle Cannon Panfiloff coming to UM out of Utah Tech. He'll be blocking for redshirt sophomore quarterback Sam Vidlak, who comes to Missoula out of Boise State.

Each of the five has enrolled in classes at UM and will join the team in time for winter conditioning.

Also joining the team in time for winter conditioning is 2023 high school signee Iverson Young, who graduated early from Waxahachie High School and enrolled in classes at UM in the spring semester."

https://gogriz.com/news/2023/1/20/football-griz-add-five-transfers-to-the-roster.aspx

So are they calling Harris a RSSr but he still has his Covid year giving him 2 years left?

kemajic said:

Agreed. I look at it almost like “trades” in the NFL. Would we trade Marcus Knight and Daniel Britt for these 5 guys?

All day long.

BTW: Jackson State has THIRTY THREE players in the portal. Unreal. I can’t even imagine trying to field a team next year.

AZGrizFan said:
BTW: Jackson State has THIRTY THREE players in the portal. Unreal. I can’t even imagine trying to field a team next year.
They're waiting for their call from Boulder.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well actually several of those HAVE gotten that call…I was speaking more of the difficulty of Jackson State’s new HC and all the holes he has to fill…

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

Well actually several of those HAVE gotten that call…I was speaking more of the difficulty of Jackson State’s new HC and all the holes he has to fill…

9 FBS drop downs will help

tgreseth said:
AZGrizFan said:

9 FBS drop downs will help

Only 24 more holes to fill. :lol:

tgreseth said:
AZGrizFan said:
Only 24 more holes to fill. :lol:
5 FCS transfers as well, so only 19 more to go!

Wagner College (FCS, never heard of them) has 37 players in the portal. Crazy stuff!

That’s just unreal. As an AD I would HAVE to start asking some very tough questions at that point.

AZGrizFan said:
tgreseth said:
5 FCS transfers as well, so only 19 more to go!

Wagner College (FCS, never heard of them) has 37 players in the portal. Crazy stuff!

That’s just unreal. As an AD I would HAVE to start asking some very tough questions at that point.

Northern Colorado had 41 players enter the portal last off-season...and had a head coach who consistently did not drive from Denver to Greeley for practice because of "snow days" and "personal days"....and still managed to win two Big Sky Conference games. Truly amazing when you think about it....

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Northern Colorado had 41 players enter the portal last off-season...and had a head coach who consistently did not drive from Denver to Greeley for practice because of "snow days" and "personal days"....and still managed to win two Big Sky Conference games. Truly amazing when you think about it....

I mean I GET why they’re bailing. He should be professionally embarrassed. Anybody who hires him after that get exactly what they deserve. Did something similar happen at Wagner?

Back