• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NC Head Coach from South Dakota State Retires

Paytonlives

Staff member
Longtime assistant coach and current defensive coordinator Jimmy Rogers will succeed Stiegelmeier as head coach

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/status/1616212784626163712

Stig’s a great guy and he had an amazing career. It’s great that he got to go out on top. Too bad he’s gonna come up 1 win shy of 200. SDSU will still be loaded next season and the favorites to win the natty, but I’m always weary of making an internal hire after replacing a legacy coach. Didn’t work out well for the Lady Griz, but we’ll see. I respect SDSU’s program and I think Rogers will do well!

Twenty-six years. Wow! He did the Don Read thing and retired. Good for him. A long road. Put it to song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkwUci5RhxQ

New HC coming out swinging

[media]https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/1616580804900945920[/media]

kemajic said:
uptopgriz said:
And with a national championship ring on his finger. Something Bobby hasn't been able to do.
Your talking points have no range.

Winning a national championship is the top of the mountain so I think that's a lot of range.

All in Missoula, and all prior to 2010. Stig is also 0-1 against Stitt, as is Chris Klieman, in Missoula. Not sure what the point is. Stig coached the only teams that could beat NDSU more than once in the last decade or so. How many guys from SDSU are in the NFL today? Let me save you the trouble, looks like seven. How many off the current team will be when they finally decide to declare? Could be a bunch. Because barring catastrophic injury, it's the Rabbits and the rest of the field a distant second place in 2023.

Let me go you even one better. The 05-2009 Griz teams and the current iteration of the rabbits are incredibly similar. Solid QB play, productive running game, explosive players, dare I say gamebreakers, on the wings, good specials, and a stifling defense. A lot of NFL'rs off that last four years of Griz teams.

Bobby is O'fer the national title game. Stig's got one. Klieman, a whole bunch more. Again, just because we're throwing out random win/loss records. I'm pretty sure we'd have all been just fine had it been Stig who helmed the Grizzlies over the time period when Hauck left for something else.

Amazing how a simple, short statement of fact stimulates so much defense from the trolls.

Bok_Choi said:
All in Missoula, and all prior to 2010. Stig is also 0-1 against Stitt, as is Chris Klieman, in Missoula. Not sure what the point is. Stig coached the only teams that could beat NDSU more than once in the last decade or so. How many guys from SDSU are in the NFL today? Let me save you the trouble, looks like seven. How many off the current team will be when they finally decide to declare? Could be a bunch. Because barring catastrophic injury, it's the Rabbits and the rest of the field a distant second place in 2023.

Let me go you even one better. The 05-2009 Griz teams and the current iteration of the rabbits are incredibly similar. Solid QB play, productive running game, explosive players, dare I say gamebreakers, on the wings, good specials, and a stifling defense. A lot of NFL'rs off that last four years of Griz teams.

Bobby is O'fer the national title game. Stig's got one. Klieman, a whole bunch more. Again, just because we're throwing out random win/loss records. I'm pretty sure we'd have all been just fine had it been Stig who helmed the Grizzlies over the time period when Hauck left for something else.

Okay, but that still doesn’t mean he beat Hauck. After 26 years at UM, Hauck will have won more national championships. Hauck has been to more national championships, I assume

Bok_Choi said:

Are you just arguing with yourself? And what are you even arguing?

Alaska Griz said:
Bok_Choi said:

Am not. Missed the quote function. Whomever I'm arguing with has already picked up on it and is, as usual when you call his bullshit, deflecting. My thoughts are we would have been lucky to have had Stig as the coach here. But thanks for your kind concern.

Bok_Choi said:
Alaska Griz said:

Am not. Missed the quote function. Whomever I'm arguing with has already picked up on it and is, as usual when you call his poop, deflecting. My thoughts are we would have been lucky to have had Stig as the coach here. But thanks for your kind concern.

That's your argument?
Here is Stig's record during that time frame starting with 2010:
5-6
5-6
9-4
9-5
9-5
8-4
9-4
etc....the majority of his years before that ranged from 4-6 to 8-4 with a bunch of 6-5 seasons. I believe he won the conference THREE times in his 26 years of coaching. For the record, I like the guy, good coach, and was glad he was able to get a title in year 26 before retiring, but to suggest that Griz fans would have been overjoyed with Stig as coach during that time might be naive at best.

Latest posts

Back