• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ifanse to San Jose St

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Gotta admit, I figured he’d go to a bigger or more competitive school. I suppose any FBS can be attractive to these young men. Hope he does well.

Man and I thought Toure transferring to Nebraska was kind of a letdown. That's like a kick in the nuts for the Cats. 🤣

Griz Addict said:
Man and I thought Toure transferring to Nebraska was kind of a letdown. That's like a kick in the nuts for the Cats. 🤣

Once again, it will be difficult to beat a good team without Ifanse. :coffee:

I see they msu just got a 4 star WR transfer from University of Washington don’t know why a WR would just want to go block for 2 running QBs

grizfan1984 said:
I see they msu just got a 4 star WR transfer from University of Washington don’t know why a WR would just want to go block for 2 running QBs

Well if he’s a 4* from Washington, he’s really only a 2 star or worse.

grizfan1984 said:

I think it's called good recruiting............

RoseyMustGo said:
grizfan1984 said:

I think it's called good recruiting............
What's funny though is the he's transferred twice now from ASU where he never played, to UW where he never played, and now to the cats where he will likely start. Weren't you just bashing Hayden Harris for never playing at UCLA? This kid never played at 2 different schools. At least Harris played in 3 games and stuck it out with UCLA and didn't transfer several times.

https://twitter.com/rj2martinez/status/1616118545477140483?s=20&t=O_B_G0bh40m-v_Xk1fqL2Q
I can't imagine he's gonna start for Baylor

Griz til I die said:
https://twitter.com/rj2martinez/status/1616118545477140483?s=20&t=O_B_G0bh40m-v_Xk1fqL2Q

Baylor needed to add quality depth after their highly rated prep commit flipped on signing day.

Griz til I die said:
That is fantastic for him, and I hope he gets a shot. Hopefully it's not another Kevin Thomson situation where he never even sniffs the field.

AZDoc said:
grizfan1984 said:

Generally speaking, I think the quality of football/athletes in the state of Washington is wildly overrated overall. They have had quite a few preps bust at the P5 college level that were 5 Stars coming out of high school, most recently guys like Sam Huard and Sa'Vell Smalls, who have made basically no impact after being in the UW program for several seasons. But, they doing have some some hit as well, most notable Emeka Egbuka and JT Tuimoloau, who both play a prominent role for Ohio State. When you start looking at the alltime best preps out of the state of Washington, there is really only about 4 in the top 15 that made or are making a truly meaningful impact at the college level.

GrizRealist said:
AZDoc said:

Generally speaking, I think the quality of football/athletes in the state of Washington is wildly overrated overall. They have had quite a few preps bust at the P5 college level that were 5 Stars coming out of high school, most recently guys like Sam Huard and Sa'Vell Smalls, who have made basically no impact after being in the UW program for several seasons. But, they doing have some some hit as well, most notable Emeka Egbuka and JT Tuimoloau, who both play a prominent role for Ohio State. When you start looking at the alltime best preps out of the state of Washington, there is really only about 4 in the top 15 that made or are making a truly meaningful impact at the college level.
Buddha Baker and Myles Jack come to mind.

GrizRealist said:
AZDoc said:

Why has the high school programs fallen so much the last few years in Washington, in your opinion?

UncleRico said:
GrizRealist said:

Both excellent players, specifically Budda. Neither would be considered alltime preps, at least from a rating standpoint right out of highschool, but both were fantastic. The hit rate for those type of players in Washington is just a lot lower than other sates.

GrizRealist said:
UncleRico said:

Both excellent players, specifically Budda. Neither would be considered alltime preps, at least from a rating standpoint right out of highschool, but both were fantastic. The hit rate for those type of players in Washington is just a lot lower than other sates.
Same high school too..

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GrizRealist said:

Why has the high school programs fallen so much the last few years in Washington, in your opinion?

I don't know that the quality of football or players has necessarily fallen off, I just think the prep recruiting evaluation process has gotten a lot better over the last 5-10 years. Its a lot harder for a good player to fly under the radar or get missed all together these days. High school football is just different now as well in terms of training, nutrition, camps, 7v7, etc. The elite players are competing in some form throughout the entire year now where they can be constantly evaluated by recruiters and coaches. In a lot of cases, you have kids moving across the country to play in better leagues that will further bolster their recruiting profile. Look at a guy like Kelee Ringo, who started at corner for Georgia the past two seasons. He is originally from Tacoma, Washington, but moved to Arizona to play for powerhouse Saguaro, where he wound up being the #4 rated player overall in the class of 2020. Or, more recently Jaden Wayne, who play at Lincoln High School in Tacoma, transferred to IMG Academy in Florida to play his senior year in a really competitive league and wound up signing with Miami in December as the 75th rated prospect overall.

Overall, I just think that the state of Washington just is not as competitive as other places with the same population dynamics. Their top end is good, but it drops off pretty quick after that

GrizRealist said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:

I don't know that the quality of football or players has necessarily fallen off, I just think the prep recruiting evaluation process has gotten a lot better over the last 5-10 years. Its a lot harder for a good player to fly under the radar or get missed all together these days. High school football is just different now as well in terms of training, nutrition, camps, 7v7, etc. The elite players are competing in some form throughout the entire year now where they can be constantly evaluated by recruiters and coaches. In a lot of cases, you have kids moving across the country to play in better leagues that will further bolster their recruiting profile. Look at a guy like Kelee Ringo, who started at corner for Georgia the past two seasons. He is originally from Tacoma, Washington, but moved to Arizona to play for powerhouse Saguaro, where he wound up being the #4 rated player overall in the class of 2020. Or, more recently Jaden Wayne, who play at Lincoln High School in Tacoma, transferred to IMG Academy in Florida to play his senior year in a really competitive league and wound up signing with Miami in December as the 75th rated prospect overall.

Overall, I just think that the state of Washington just is not as competitive as other places with the same population dynamics. Their top end is good, but it drops off pretty quick after that

Thanks. Oregon State has a kid from Leavenworth, Kansas that moved to Oregon because of their high school program. All those years teaching and coaching in the south, we were always dealing with certain programs at the high school level recruiting kids. Damn private schools had a multiplier of 1.3 for a few years. Tennessee won't let private schools compete against the public schools.

Loved helping run the camps in the summer down there.

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
GrizRealist said:

Thanks. Oregon State has a kid from Leavenworth, Kansas that moved to Oregon because of their high school program. All those years teaching and coaching in the south, we were always dealing with certain programs at the high school level recruiting kids. Damn private schools had a multiplier of 1.3 for a few years. Tennessee won't let private schools compete against the public schools.

Loved helping run the camps in the summer down there.

High school football in the south is basically exactly what the SEC motto is. "it just means more"

Back