• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who Gives a Shit Dept.

Culbertson beat Poplar last week. Two of my cousins are the head coach and top assistant, Billings West has several Native American players, including a very promising soph receiver and d-back. Damian Walks Slow. Keep your eyes on him. West was planning to tribal honor flags at the game. "My" Dartmouth recruit Weston Brown of Bozeman won the Mountain West Classic cross country in Missoula today. He won by 15 seconds. Sentinel won the team portion. Brown was state 2-mile champ last spring.

All of the Ivies won today, except a good Holy Cross team beat Yale. The Ivy pre-season competition has gotten pretty weak over the years. I think Dartmouth has UNH this year.

mthoopsfan said:
Culbertson beat Poplar last week. Two of my cousins are the head coach and top assistant, Billings West has several Native American players, including a very promising soph receiver and d-back. Damian Walks Slow. Keep your eyes on him. West was planning to tribal honor flags at the game. "My" Dartmouth recruit Weston Brown of Bozeman won the Mountain West Classic cross country in Missoula today. He won by 15 seconds. Sentinel won the team portion. Brown was state 2-mile champ last spring.

All of the Ivies won today, except a good Holy Cross team beat Yale. The Ivy pre-season competition has gotten pretty weak over the years. I think Dartmouth has UNH this year.

Thought you'd be passed out by now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dartmouth_College#:~:text=Dartmouth%20was%20founded%20by%20Eleazar,chartered%20before%20the%20American%20Revolution.

Course record yesterday by Brown, who is Dartmouth's top distance recruit. Is being recruited by a number of top academic schools, and has one or more scholarship offers, including from MSU.

Found myself in Boston earlier this year. Hopped the DC to Hanover, ate breakfast at Lou’s, lunch at Ramunto’s and dinner and beers at Molly’s. Didn’t need a rugby shirt so I didn’t bother going in J Crew.

grizfnz said:
Found myself in Boston earlier this year. Hopped the DC to Hanover, ate breakfast at Lou’s, lunch at Ramunto’s and dinner and beers at Molly’s. Didn’t need a rugby shirt so I didn’t bother going in J Crew.

You did it right. Lou’s was there back in my day. I sent my Bozeman cross country recruit and family to Lou’s a few weeks ago. Russell Wilson went to Lou’s before he spoke at graduation in June. Was with his uncle Ben, whom I played with. Love the DC. Wish it had been around in my day. The owner’s buddy has the locker next to me at Big Sky. With marriages, 9 in my family have gone to Dartmouth, starting with me. I was the third to last Native American admitted to Dartmouth before the Native American Program was started in early 70s. Several of us from Montana including Bill Yellowtail and Duane Bird Bear. More Dartmouth grads are members of the YC at big sky than any other school, I was told. Who gives a shit.

Ilovethecats, who boasted if the Cats lost by 30 or more on BCN he would eat his hat, hasn't. Nor do I know why I dabbled in that shit show except maybe for the laughs. If only Garrizzlies could find that cat hat and someone taking a bite.....

horribilisfan8184 said:
Ilovethecats, who boasted if the Cats lost by 30 or more on BCN he would eat his hat, hasn't. Nor do I know why I dabbled in that shit show except maybe for the laughs. If only Garrizzlies could find that cat hat and someone taking a bite.....

That would be me. :oops:

I wouldn't say I was overconfident per se, just spouted that if we lost by 30 I'd eat my hat. Saw the game going something like 45-31 or in that ballpark. Didn't anticipate OSU scoring 10 touchdowns.

That said, I'm not one to get too high or low this early in the season. The next two games should give us a better picture of what this team is about. But ya, didn't see that one going the way it did Saturday night. :cry:

ilovethecats said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I wouldn't say I was overconfident per se, just spouted that if we lost by 30 I'd eat my hat. Saw the game going something like 45-31 or in that ballpark. Didn't anticipate OSU scoring 10 touchdowns.

That said, I'm not one to get too high or low this early in the season. The next two games should give us a better picture of what this team is about. But ya, didn't see that one going the way it did Saturday night. :cry:
How did the hat taste?

6txjbh.gif

ilovethecats said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

I think it's too early in the season too, and the lack of running backs throws off the analysis. I assume some of the rb's will be back soon. I didn't think the Cats looked great, or even like much at times, last season either. However, when they just kept finding a way to win the games, I realized they were probably a very good team. Good teams find a way to win, even if they are not dominant. I worry that Mellot won't be able to stay healthy. Too much running and action. He probably hasn't learned to protect himself enough. Look at Trey Lance.

But, if there is good talent (I don't know), good chemistry (I don't know), good coaching (I assume there is), some backs get healthy, and Mellot and others stay fairly healthy, then who knows. Certainly, the Cats aren't going far is they are a qb-run-only team.

I went to the wedding of Brendan and Liz' daughter in Maine in July. Huge fun. The groom's family must have a ton of money.

horribilisfan8184 said:
ilovethecats said:
Sums me up Saturday night

Thanks for being a good sport! Now I wonder if garrrizlies has a gif for eating not only your hat, but crow and humble pie, all at once?
Ha. I suppose I deserve a little bit. But I don't think I was being cocky about this one. We were 16 point dogs and I thought we'd lose by 15-20. Didn't think there was any way we'd lose by 30+ but turning the ball over, allowing almost 200 punt return yards in one quarter alone and playing soft in coverage was a recipe for disaster. It wasn't the first time I was wrong about a game and certainly won't be the last! :lol:

Back