• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

All BSC Stadiums

CDAGRIZ

DONOR
I got sent home from work because nobody is ordering delivery from that particular Dominos today, so I decided to look at some pics of BSC stadiums. I know it's been done before, but I tried to find recent pics from flattering angles. Here are those pics:

UM:
washington-grizzly-stadium.jpg

MSU:
5073ad1a3670e.image.jpg

ISU:
5b2c70fbbd3b7.image.jpg

Idaho:
CLs_G9K1GtmCooKb_EdcupWWMRh3f2JhGZ-HL9vKodE.jpg

Cheney:
Refe5ac6063ec94fb510d8bfcd936d532

NAU:
NAU-Interior.jpg

Portland State:
800px-Hillsboro_Stadium_main_grandstands_-_Oregon.JPG

SAC:
sac-state-field.jpg

SUU (for now):
Eccles-Coliseum-aerial-view.jpg

Weebs:
R7a742fb764077d3e2ab351580132e1be

Davis:
stadium_aerial.jpg

SLO:
R1140d4e7cf4f53472557eb780d75dbfc

NCU:
CIxKlfdUMAAXuR6.jpg:large

I'm sure someone in here has been to all of them. I've only been to six. Cal Poly looks like a really cool place to watch an afternoon game that finishes at night. Gonna have to cross that one off the list as soon as I can.

CDAGRIZ said:
I'm sure someone in here has been to all of them. I've only been to six. Cal Poly looks like a really cool place to watch an afternoon game that finishes at night. Gonna have to cross that one off the list as soon as I can.

Poly is probably my favorite road venue after UM. "Tailgating" is different but you can't beat the scenery and beer in the stadium. Visiting side is old but alumni side looks awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone.

HookedonGriz said:
I heard Cal Poly stadium is just awesome. Looks like a gem whenever I see it.

Depending on kickoff times the wineries are great for gameday too. Last time we had an afternoon start time so we went to J. Lohr during the day and were still at the stadium a couple hours before kickoff. No one really tailgates but you get a pass to get on the grounds and they have great food, lots of local beers and live music.

Cool experience for sure.

CDA, I’ve heard that the Dominos online ordering machines have an algorithm that’s been switching orders over to Pizza Hut. So you might want to look into that.

mtgriz said:
CDA, I’ve heard that the Dominos online ordering machines have an algorithm that’s been switching orders over to Pizza Hut. So you might want to look into that.

Shit! I will. Nobody, and I mean nobody, out-pizzas the Dominos. Thx!

I went to a game at Cal Poly a few years ago. It got so hot we had to sit under a tree. Right next to the field! A tree!

Those left coasters...

ilovethecats said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Poly is probably my favorite road venue after UM. "Tailgating" is different but you can't beat the scenery and beer in the stadium. Visiting side is old but alumni side looks awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Agreed. And that pic does NOT do it justice.

I’ve been to NAU, UI, CP, UNC.....and of course, UM.

I've been to MSU, ISU, EWU, PSU (Both in Portland and Hillsboro), and WSU.

Hopefully will be able to visit Idaho and possibly UNC this fall.

I've been to all of them besides Davis, NAU and SUU.

Didn't care for many of them. The Idahos are terrible. Just awful. Sac is no better but the weather was great.

Not a fan of EWU. Tailgating sucks and field gives me a migraine. Still can't believe they thought that was a good idea.

PSU was fun just because of it's location. Had a blast visiting the bars and breweries.

NCU was cool only because of the beer in the stadium and proximity to Denver where we had a ball. Though I felt like I was watching in a Montana AA stadium.

Poly is awesome simply because of the weather, wine and unique pregame festivities.

UM is the best in regards to tailgating and overall energy and gameday atmosphere. Obviously I've only been there for the Brawl which is obviously electric.

Doubt I'll ever feel the need to visit the ones I haven't yet. Or the Idahos again unless they happen to be good one year. I'll probably suffer through EWU again because they are always strong and in the end the game itself is most important.

ilovethecats said:
I've been to all of them besides Davis, NAU and SUU.

Didn't care for many of them. The Idahos are terrible. Just awful. Sac is no better but the weather was great.

Not a fan of EWU. Tailgating sucks and field gives me a migraine. Still can't believe they thought that was a good idea.

PSU was fun just because of it's location. Had a blast visiting the bars and breweries.

NCU was cool only because of the beer in the stadium and proximity to Denver where we had a ball. Though I felt like I was watching in a Montana AA stadium.

Poly is awesome simply because of the weather, wine and unique pregame festivities.

UM is the best in regards to tailgating and overall energy and gameday atmosphere. Obviously I've only been there for the Brawl which is obviously electric.

Doubt I'll ever feel the need to visit the ones I haven't yet. Or the Idahos again unless they happen to be good one year. I'll probably suffer through EWU again because they are always strong and in the end the game itself is most important.

Go to NAU or Davis when they’re playing the Griz....it’ll be the best atmosphere they have all year. By far.

ilovethecats said:
HookedonGriz said:
I heard Cal Poly stadium is just awesome. Looks like a gem whenever I see it.

Depending on kickoff times the wineries are great for gameday too. Last time we had an afternoon start time so we went to J. Lohr during the day and were still at the stadium a couple hours before kickoff. No one really tailgates but you get a pass to get on the grounds and they have great food, lots of local beers and live music.

Cool experience for sure.

One I must do some day!

Calling many of them "stadiums" is a real stretch. At least they correctly label Nottingham Field in Greeley.

CDAGRIZ said:

Snap better collect royalties for being in this pic ^
and perfect timing for a rebel yell / metal scream. Thing of beauty.

Contrast Snap’s look with the pic of Hairy Back Guy at MSC. Not pretty. But I do believe HBG captures some revenue; he rents space on his back. And you can save costs if you shave in your logo yourself. I always thought it would be fun to buy a Griz stencil. You can rent ad space everywhere over there on game day from shitter doors to HBG’s back; and who could forget the high flying John Deere Red Zone?!?

1. Wash Griz. The best, hands down. One of these days im gonna make a trip to watch a game there.
2. Bobcat Stadium. Another good site for football. And one I'd also like to see.
3. Stewart Stadium. With the recent stadium upgrades and views that can take your breath away it's not a bad place to catch a game.
4. Cal Poly. Intimate and scenic and the crowd can be energetic. Good place for a football game.
5. Idaho State. While not fond of domes, i have been to a few ISU vs Weber games and fhe fans get into them and make a lot of noise.
6. Walkup Skydome. Beautiful facility, but recent upgrades have lowered its capacity. And fan turnout has been on the decline.
7. Kibbie Dome. Very small but loud when packed when rivals are in town. Could be a real home field advantage if Idaho could win more often.
8. Hornet Stadium. Might be the 3rd biggest capacity on campus stadium but they usually only can manage to fill one side while the other remains empty.
9. Roos Field. Eastern has created quite the home field advantage here, but location and size just doesnt do it any favors.....and neither does the red turf.
10. Eccles Coliseum. SUUcks needs to improve the east stands pronto, they are awful.
11. Nottingham Field. Small and no fan draw keeps this stadium in the lower half.
12. Hillsborough Stadium. PSU needs to get their own stadium.

WILDCATFAN said:
3. Stewart Stadium. With the recent stadium upgrades and views that can take your breath away it's not a bad place to catch a game.

You should know, have they redone the concrete on the East Side? Last time I was there the concrete was crumbling so bad it was like walking on gravel. You are right about the view. :thumb:

tourist said:
WILDCATFAN said:

You should know, have they redone the concrete on the East Side? Last time I was there the concrete was crumbling so bad it was like walking on gravel. You are right about the view. :thumb:

While there are spots on the east grandstands where the concrete is cracking under the bleachers (the stadium was built on a fault line afterall) the concrete pathways leading up to the stands have been redone and are in much better shape now. I have heard that There are plans in the works to replace the east side grandstands all together to make them a little more earthquake friendly lol.

Back