• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Who’s renewed their season tix?

Gladly sent in my ticket funds this week, whether there’s football or fans in the stands this fall. The U and athletic dept need our support more than ever!

Purchased our tickets yesterday. I would be fine donating the money if there is no season.

I seldom give extra to Griz Athletics because I give so much to Food Banks, Poverello Center, Art Museum, etc.But this year I have paid for my tickets and they can keep the $ whether there is a full slate of games or none. I doubt my wife will attend because she is high-risk and rightfully scared of this virus.But I bought her seat regardless.
This should be the norm for everyone on EGriz. Griz FB has given us all so much through the years that if it is possible, we should be giving something back $ wise.

Football revenue is so important to UM Athletics. It pays for much more than football.
And we're months away from discussing it, but seating at indoor sports could be much more limited.
Whether you can go to the games or not, your ticket purchase is important.

It was very honorable for UM to promise season ticket holders first right of refusal on their seats in 2021 even if you don't renew for 2020.
The honorable thing for us is to renew this season whether or not we can attend.

Got mine renewed, tailgate spot too.

I know a handful of folks who you'd consider higher-risk that have opted to wait a year. My folks paid their GSA dues but opted to pass on their seats for a year.

I opted NOT to renew out of an abundance of caution and have my seat held for next season instead.

When we're in the midst of a once-in-a-century pandemic, for a virus for which there is no vaccine, going to a football game with a stadium packed full of people is just not worth the risk.

While I would be considered young (35 years old to be exact), I am also in the age group where the virus has had the majority of new cases over the last few weeks (20-39). I have largely stayed home and have limited my presence in public since mid-March (and yes, I do wear a face covering whenever I go into a store), and will continue to do so until this virus starts slowing down or a vaccine is readily available.

Back