Big Sky Conf BB news

Griz & Big Sky Conference Basketball
grizindabox
eGriz Club

Brenna Greene @BrennaGreene_
1m
The Big Sky has officially reduced their conference basketball games next year from 20 to 16 as a cost saving measure. This is a one year change. Member schools can replace the four games with non-conference games if they so choose.
One of the definitions of privilege is, thinking “the system works” because it worked FOR YOU.
citay

If it turns out we have a full season, this is great news for me.

This means we can schedule more money games, and create a much higher profile nationally.
grizindabox
eGriz Club

citay wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm

This means we can schedule more money games, and create a much higher profile nationally.
Depends, most high profile schools probably have a complete schedule.
One of the definitions of privilege is, thinking “the system works” because it worked FOR YOU.
DPGriz

Money games are not going to be easy to come by, the PAC 12 moved to a 20 game conference schedule and less schools will be looking to cut big checks for money games while even more programs looking to schedule them.

I think this likely means more games against MSU-Northern and Great Falls, not so much on road games against power conference programs.
fanofzoo

citay wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 3:54 pm

I would think money games might be in the past until the economy gets back, couple of years or the fans come back.
p8nted

DPGriz wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 5:02 pm
Money games are not going to be easy to come by, the PAC 12 moved to a 20 game conference schedule and less schools will be looking to cut big checks for money games while even more programs looking to schedule them.

I think this likely means more games against MSU-Northern and Great Falls, not so much on road games against power conference programs.
MWC has also announced a 20 game conference schedule beginning in 2022 and have eliminated all non D1 games.

With the MWC eliminating the non D1 games that might help the Big Sky pick up a few MWC games in the future
Zirg

Thank God North Dakota isn't in the conference anymore. No Colorado has never brought much to the dance, but they are now a bigger pariah then ever.
Dillon

Zirg wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:40 pm
Thank God North Dakota isn't in the conference anymore. No Colorado has never brought much to the dance, but they are now a bigger pariah then ever.
You gotta give kudos to N. CO. for their success in basketball! :thumb:
Zirg

Dillon wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:12 am
Zirg wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:40 pm
You gotta give kudos to N. CO. for their success in basketball! :thumb:
They are so Geographically isolated, and flying our golf and tennis and track teams and other non-revenue generating sports there is becoming more and more financially unfeasible.