Beau Braden WSU transfer

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
Griztrain

His Senior High School video
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Excellent.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.
dirtysoup

Listed on the WSU roster as 6'4" 261. Looks like he has a high motor.
They hate us cuz they ain't us
Dillon

Welcome to Griz Nation Mr. Braden! How many years as Griz?
dayday
eGriz Club

Dillon wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:07 am
Welcome to Griz Nation Mr. Braden! How many years as Griz?
He’ll be a redshirt sophomore this Fall so three. Good pickup for depth. He was a walk on that didn’t play so he’s a little bit of an unknown. Has a nice frame and high motor. Should be in the rotation.
HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

I’m happy with this. Any Pac12 transfer at a place where you need more players and depth (D Line) is a good deal. He had a ton of accolades coming out of high school. Should be a good pick up for the Griz!
MikeyGriz

Welcome to the Family Mr. Braden!
I don't watch CNN for the same reason I don't drink out of the toilet bowl!
Colter_Nuanez56

TWITTER:@Skylinesportsmt
FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/skylinesportsmt1
BIG SKY BREAKDOWN ON ITUNES
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/big ... 1131856462
SUBSCRIBE TO SKYLINE SPORTS
https://skylinesportsmt.com/subscriptions/
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club

Beau Braden visited the Griz in HS, but wasn't extended a scholarship offer.

So he took the Preferred Walk-on offer from Washington State.

Braden basically got an NFL education in practice at WSU as he was on the scout team, going against future 1st Round Offensive Tackle(s), while Braden was a FR and R-FR.

The kid is big and mobile, reminds me of the transfer the kitties just had (UW Bryce Sterk -2020 Miami Dolphins rookie, Height: 6-4. Age: 23. Weight: 262 )
72-39-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club

77 Beau Braden

72-39-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
wbtfg

IntuitiveGriz wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Braden basically got an NFL education in practice at WSU as he was on the scout team, going against future 1st Round Offensive Tackle(s), while Braden was a FR and R-FR.

The kid is big and mobile, reminds me of the transfer the kitties just had (UW Bryce Sterk -2020 Miami Dolphins rookie, Height: 6-4. Age: 23. Weight: 262 )
That’s a pretty bold comparison.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”
HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

wbtfg wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:07 am
IntuitiveGriz wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:29 pm

How come? When you guys got Sterk no one (and I mean no one) there or here or anywhere knew if he’d be a great player or excellent addition for the cats. Hell he didn’t really take snap for Washington or play in any games so it was a total crap shoot. I don’t see how that is very different than this situation.
dayday
eGriz Club

HookedonGriz wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:50 pm
wbtfg wrote:

How come? When you guys got Sterk no one (and I mean no one) there or here or anywhere knew if he’d be a great player or excellent addition for the cats. Hell he didn’t really take snap for Washington or play in any games so it was a total crap shoot. I don’t see how that is very different than this situation.
Sterk was a scholarship player at Udub and is an absolute freak as a athlete on the DL. I do see your comparison as not being too awful but at the same time not every transfer comes in and becomes an all conference player like Sterk. Pretty high expectations when no one has seen this kid play a snap. The hope is that it works out that way but who knows.
braves84

HookedonGriz wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 0240160497
I believe sterk was a scholarship player for the Huskies, and Braden was a walk on for the cougars.
Gregoraks quote at the end of the story tends you to believe the bobcats thought sterk was going to be a impact player.
That said apples to oranges, and hoping it works out well for the kid at Montana, lots of walk ons have proven people wrong before, and hope he does it too.
wbtfg

HookedonGriz wrote:
wbtfg wrote:

Sterk is a freak athlete who had multiple full ride FBS offers coming out of high school. He was buried on the depth chart at UW behind 4* guys, many of whom were drafted to the league.

In high school competed in the 100, 200, 300 hurdles, shot, disc and the 400 and 1600 relays.

When he showed up in Bozeman he looked different that any other dude on the team and everyone (Colter, Choate, Gregorak, etc) was raving about how this guy would dominate the big sky (which he did).

I think someone posted above that UM didn’t even offer this guy a scholarship out of high school so he walked on at wsu.

So yeah, the comparison is bold.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”
Grizbballfan14

wbtfg wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:25 am
HookedonGriz wrote:

Sterk is a freak athlete who had multiple full ride FBS offers coming out of high school. He was buried on the depth chart at UW behind 4* guys, many of whom were drafted to the league.

In high school competed in the 100, 200, 300 hurdles, shot, disc and the 400 and 1600 relays.

When he showed up in Bozeman he looked different that any other dude on the team and everyone (Colter, Choate, Gregorak, etc) was raving about how this guy would dominate the big sky (which he did).

I think someone posted above that UM didn’t even offer this guy a scholarship out of high school so he walked on at wsu.

Almost as bold as comparing Travis Lulay to Dave Dickenson
wbtfg

Grizbballfan14 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:51 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:25 am

You’ll have to take that comparison up with CFL all star offensive Lineman, Angus Reid. Who I’d compare to JD Quinn.

:coffee:
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

wbtfg wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:05 am
Grizbballfan14 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:51 am

You’ll have to take that comparison up with CFL all star offensive Lineman, Angus Reid. Who I’d compare to JD Quinn.

Just out of morbid curiosity, what do you guys still have left for Udub transfers? They brought in that Clark kid I know? Are Williams and Scrempos still there?
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. UM Student and lifelong #1 Griz fan
SACCAT66

Griz til I die wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:46 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:05 am

Just out of morbid curiosity, what do you guys still have left for Udub transfers? They brought in that Clark kid I know? Are Williams and Scrempos still there?
Williams is still there. Scrempos graduated I believe.
WaGriz4life

SACCAT66 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:49 pm
Griz til I die wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:46 pm

Williams is still there. Scrempos graduated I believe.
Wow I forgot Scrempos was a UDub guy too. That was quite a haul for you guys. Will you be playing guys Choate recruited out of high school on the D Line for the first time? Or do you have more transfers coming in?