...james madison...

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
Post Reply
zengriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3527
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:35 pm
Location: way out west

..to the a c c...

... ! ...
Da Boyz Mom
eGriz Club
Posts: 1981
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:12 pm
Location: Lost in thought

User avatar
MissoulaMarinerFan
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am

FYI, this is just a theoretical. This is NOT actually happening. See bolded in the blurb of the article below.
We're living in that alternate universe of conference trades by a proposing one-for-one trade between the ACC and CAA: ​

In: James Madison

Out: Wake Forest
Da Boyz Mom
eGriz Club
Posts: 1981
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:12 pm
Location: Lost in thought

MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 am
FYI, this is just a theoretical. This is NOT actually happening. See bolded in the blurb of the article below.
We're living in that alternate universe of conference trades by a proposing one-for-one trade between the ACC and CAA: ​

In: James Madison

Out: Wake Forest
IMO - the article is not well written and confusing.
User avatar
MissoulaMarinerFan
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am

Da Boyz Mom wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 am
FYI, this is just a theoretical. This is NOT actually happening. See bolded in the blurb of the article below.
We're living in that alternate universe of conference trades by a proposing one-for-one trade between the ACC and CAA: ​

In: James Madison

Out: Wake Forest
IMO - the article is not well written and confusing.
Yeah - pretty click-baity - especially the bolded headline that makes it appear that it has already happened.
User avatar
fanofzoo
Posts: 3804
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:08 am
Location: missoula

Da Boyz Mom wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 am
FYI, this is just a theoretical. This is NOT actually happening. See bolded in the blurb of the article below.
We're living in that alternate universe of conference trades by a proposing one-for-one trade between the ACC and CAA: ​

In: James Madison

Out: Wake Forest
IMO - the article is not well written and confusing.
Put out by the ncaa?
SaskGriz
Posts: 2351
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:55 am
Location: The Great White North

fanofzoo wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:26 pm
Da Boyz Mom wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm
MissoulaMarinerFan wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 am
FYI, this is just a theoretical. This is NOT actually happening. See bolded in the blurb of the article below.
We're living in that alternate universe of conference trades by a proposing one-for-one trade between the ACC and CAA: ​

In: James Madison

Out: Wake Forest
IMO - the article is not well written and confusing.
Put out by the ncaa?
I think that "UND" guy put it out, in order to say "see told you". Also his complete failure to predict anything more complicated than gravity will lead to "doesn't count, Covid 19"
User avatar
MissoulaMarinerFan
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am

Looks like some....creative writing during the off season by the folks at hero sports to drum up discussion. They cover a bunch of FCS stuff.
User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 21221
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Thing is, though, for football at least, this move would make a lot of sense for everyone involved.

But as we read on this board all the time, fcs schools can never be successful at the next level, so....
Booze is the duct tape of life.
GrizTexas
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:47 am
Location: San Antonio

EverettGriz wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:49 am
Thing is, though, for football at least, this move would make a lot of sense for everyone involved.

But as we read on this board all the time, fcs schools can never be successful at the next level, so....
That brings up an interesting question... who has been the most successful program to move up?

Boise?
dirtysoup
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:20 am
Location: Great Falls, MT

GrizTexas wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am
EverettGriz wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:49 am
Thing is, though, for football at least, this move would make a lot of sense for everyone involved.

But as we read on this board all the time, fcs schools can never be successful at the next level, so....
That brings up an interesting question... who has been the most successful program to move up?

Boise?
Probably Boise has the longest sustained success, but Appy State is no slouch. Since their move up in 2014 they are 61-17 and have won all 5 bowl games they've played in. They play in a weak Sun Belt conference, but those are still good numbers. A bigger conference will come calling for them sooner or later.
They hate us cuz they ain't us
alabamagrizzly
Posts: 3781
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: body in Alabama, heart in Montana

dirtysoup wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:27 am
GrizTexas wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:01 am
EverettGriz wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:49 am
Thing is, though, for football at least, this move would make a lot of sense for everyone involved.

But as we read on this board all the time, fcs schools can never be successful at the next level, so....
That brings up an interesting question... who has been the most successful program to move up?

Boise?
Probably Boise has the longest sustained success, but Appy State is no slouch. Since their move up in 2014 they are 61-17 and have won all 5 bowl games they've played in. They play in a weak Sun Belt conference, but those are still good numbers. A bigger conference will come calling for them sooner or later.
https://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=72079

It’s an old thread I wrote in ‘15 but it’s a pretty detailed look at the success or lack there of for all the teams that made the jump from ‘78-‘15.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 21221
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Bama's post is good. Boise, USF, FIU, Marshall, JMU, and App State have all had very good success at the FBS level, most with facilities inferior to Montana's. And many other programs have had at least marginal success in wins and losses. And all (excepting Idaho) have had financial success.

It's a complete...uhhh... misconception (to be nice) by many posters that FCS teams who move up fail.
Booze is the duct tape of life.
GrizTexas
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:47 am
Location: San Antonio

EverettGriz wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:08 pm
Bama's post is good. Boise, USF, FIU, Marshall, JMU, and App State have all had very good success at the FBS level, most with facilities inferior to Montana's. And many other programs have had at least marginal success in wins and losses. And all (excepting Idaho) have had financial success.

It's a complete...uhhh... misconception (to be nice) by many posters that FCS teams who move up fail.
I think that misconception is perpetrated by the close proximity of our Idaho neighbors. They made lack of success and losing money an art form!
User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 21221
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

GrizTexas wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:17 pm
EverettGriz wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:08 pm
Bama's post is good. Boise, USF, FIU, Marshall, JMU, and App State have all had very good success at the FBS level, most with facilities inferior to Montana's. And many other programs have had at least marginal success in wins and losses. And all (excepting Idaho) have had financial success.

It's a complete...uhhh... misconception (to be nice) by many posters that FCS teams who move up fail.
I think that misconception is perpetrated by the close proximity of our Idaho neighbors. They made lack of success and losing money an art form!
Hahahahahah!!
Booze is the duct tape of life.
Post Reply