The refs all but ruined the national championship game

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
PlayerRep

Bad calls, horrible calls and missed calls, almost all against Clemson.

I see that the LSU coach played at Northwestern St, and was a GA at NW St and McNeese. Also was at Nicholls St.
kemajic
eGriz Club

PlayerRep wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:51 pm

I see that the LSU coach played at Northwestern St, and was a GA at NW St and McNeese. Also was at Nicholls St.
Especially the targeting call. I saw several other hits closer to targeting, mostly by LSU, that were not called.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
nzone

Agreed...
MissoulaMarinerFan

I believe it was a PAC-12 crew, so I'm really not all that surprised.
wbtfg

I was expecting to see some pearl clutching over LSU’s Neck chant.
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”
BadlandsGrizFan

wbtfg wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:21 am
I was expecting to see some pearl clutching over LSU’s Neck chant.
lol..I love that chant.
Montana is no place for the idler, the penniless, the feeble in will or body!
polsongrizz

Mods, can we move this thread to the fbs political board? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let me show you how we do it in the trailer Park.
"In Every Clime and Place"
granitegriz

I had no dog in the fight, but that offensive PI call was so bad I thought the ref had been bribed or extorted!
kemajic
eGriz Club

granitegriz wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:56 pm
I had no dog in the fight, but that offensive PI call was so bad I thought the ref had been bribed or extorted!
The LSU receivers have all had acting lessons.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
behappp
eGriz Club

The Backjudge was Joe Johnston from Missoula. I believe he's an ex-Griz. MouseGriz or Blue Pony should know.
“ I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it." - John Steinbeck
grizpack
eGriz Club

behappp wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:32 am
The Backjudge was Joe Johnston from Missoula. I believe he's an ex-Griz. MouseGriz or Blue Pony should know.
Joe didn't play football here, and is originally from Butte. Lives in Missoula now. Great guy.
behappp
eGriz Club

grizpack wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:13 am
behappp wrote:
Joe didn't play football here, and is originally from Butte. Lives in Missoula now. Great guy.
100% right and one of the best Butte guys I know

He could be a NFL ref before too long.
“ I'm in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love. And it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it." - John Steinbeck
putter
eGriz Club

behappp wrote:
Grew up with Jiggers. Great guy, provided plenty of fun at the Mo Club/Bodegas back in the college days
So Let me get this straight.....Muslim terrorists fly planes into buildings and we are not supposed to judge all Muslim's for the actions of a few. A few crazy Americans commit heinous acts with guns but it is OK to condemn all gun owning Americans.. there is our congress for you.
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club

Always found it a bit fascinating that Joe has made it so big with his major college football reffing. He didn't play football in high school, but he was the 125 lb Class AA Wrestling 2nd place finisher at state for a loaded Butte High squad (won state by 27 points). Butte's 10th straight state championship....
72-39-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
stilwtrgrizz

kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:51 pm

Especially the targeting call. I saw several other hits closer to targeting, mostly by LSU, that were not called.
The targeting call against #46 for Clemson, Skalsky (SP ?) was not only a terrible call, IMHO, but it also totally changed the outcome of the game. His replacement, #15, the DC's son I believe, was almost NEVER around the ball, nor did I see him make a solo tackle. It appeared to me that he spent the balance of his time in the game completely out of the plays. I think that just plain took the wind out of the D for Clemson.
“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
― Betty White