Official Signing day List 2019/20 (22 Signed) (6 Transfers) (1 Spring additions) 4 Walk-ons

Get the low down on Griz/FCS Football
Paytonlives

Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"
dirtysoup

They hate us cuz they ain't us
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

So with Hunter Allen signing, do we think this is the nail in the coffin for Justin Ford?
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. UM Student and lifelong #1 Griz fan
mtgrizfankb

Griz til I die wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:06 pm
So with Hunter Allen signing, do we think this is the nail in the coffin for Justin Ford?
No, Justin Ford is a good enough player we don’t deny him just because someone else comes in. That being said, not sure how much interest JF really has in Montana at this point, even though it doesn’t look like he’s being showered by offers.
Griz Nation. Loud Proud and Maroon.
dayday
eGriz Club

Exactly if he wants to come you take him. He has FBS talent. I would say right now objectively speaking we are his best offer so I think it’s still in play but he is a very hard one to read and he’s from North Carolina so he might want to stay close to home.
Ursus1
eGriz Club

dayday wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:59 am
Exactly if he wants to come you take him. He has FBS talent. I would say right now objectively speaking we are his best offer so I think it’s still in play but he is a very hard one to read and he’s from North Carolina so he might want to stay close to home.

But does his stalling end up forcing coaches to "spend" that scholarship elsewhere since this is his second round of getting an offer and still shopping around? He might end up delaying so long the offer of a scholarship is now gone. No question that wanted him, but eventually they need to move on and use the scholarship somewhere/someone else. I am starting to wonder with his lack of signing this time around he must not really want to come here or would have signed.
HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Thought this was an interesting offer. University of South Florida QB who entered the transfer portal.

Here’s his tape. Can certainly run and throw:

He graduated from a high school in South Carolina where he had a 71% completion percentage his senior year (5th in entire nation) while also throwing for 3500 yards and 33 TDs. Looks like he went JUCO and then to USF and now on the market. 2 years left to play I believe.
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

dayday wrote:
Actually I meant it more along the lines of since we offered Hunter Allen and he committed fairly quick, does that mean that Justin Ford told the coaching staff he’s not interested so they went after Allen instead.
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. UM Student and lifelong #1 Griz fan
grizfan1984

Griz til I die wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 pm
dayday wrote:
Actually I meant it more along the lines of since we offered Hunter Allen and he committed fairly quick, does that mean that Justin Ford told the coaching staff he’s not interested so they went after Allen instead.
Hunter Allen has been commited to UM before we reoffered Ford he was just waiting to announce his commitment until he graduated JC
dayday
eGriz Club

grizfan1984 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:55 am
Griz til I die wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:30 pm

Hunter Allen has been commited to UM before we reoffered Ford he was just waiting to announce his commitment until he graduated JC
Yep Allen has been committed for months privately but couldn’t announce until he he was for sure graduating so I don’t think Ford offer is intertwined at all.
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

Oh my bad, I didn’t know that. Well I guess we’ll find out sometime soon.
grizfan1984

Griz til I die
eGriz Club

Looks like Cam Humphrey is gonna have himself a little bit of competition now.
GrizJohnson

Has anybody else disappeared from the roster? I noticed in the article on Levi Crum it said that the coaches were waiting for a preferred walk on spot to open up and it finally did and he committed. If so that would mean somebody has left or been promoted to a scholly and I'm just wondering if somebody had left or what. Does anybody know?
Up With Montana Boys
Filthy McGrizzly

grizfan1984 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:25 pm
I think this kid plays a lot like Sneed!
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club

grizfan1984 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:25 pm
Makes sense that Rygol was looking to transfer from U of South Florida because Cade Fortin transferred there before the 2019 season from U of North Carolina and had to sit. Fortin now has 3 years to play 3 seasons at USF.

Cade Fortin was rated a four-star prospect by ESPN.com, which listed him as the No. 17 player nationally at his position and the No. 39 player in Georgia… also was considered the No. 19 pro-style quarterback and the No. 50 player in Georgia by the 247Sports composite… ranked No. 34 at his position and No. 74 in Georgia by Rivals… missed most of his senior season due to injury…leading his team to a state championship victory… played in the Georgia Elite All-Star Classic following his junior season… was nominated for the 2018 U.S. Army All-American Bowl prior to his senior year… a 4.0 student in high school…

Cade Fortin played in 4 games (2 of which he started) as a true freshman in 2018 at U of North Carolina before he then stopped playing and red-shirted. And thuen transferred, to USF, before the 2019 season begun and sat out 2019. .
72-39-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
IntuitiveGriz
eGriz Club

GREAT PICKUP by the GRIZ!!! (Kirk Rygol}

Montana just got better... (competition makes champions)
72-39-5 against state

WE ARE MONTANA!!!
dayday
eGriz Club

Griz til I die
eGriz Club

dayday wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:17 pm
What do you think dayday? Is he gonna pick us?
grizfan1984

Griz til I die wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:43 pm
[quote=dayday post_id=<a href="tel:1446248">1446248</a> time=<a href="tel:1590617837">1590617837</a> user_id=8092]
What do you think dayday? Is he gonna pick us?
[/quote]

In my opinion he wants to stay closer to home because he has a kid but who knows.