Cats - Sac State

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Post Reply
hm.grwn.grizfan
Posts: 2446
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: Billings, Montana

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by hm.grwn.grizfan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:43 pm

jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm
hm.grwn.grizfan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:09 pm
jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:04 pm
I think Griz will shut Sac st down. We got a pretty damn good team. MSPoo sucks badly. But sac is legit. Probably 3rd best team in the big sigh.
I like you’re enthusiasm, and hope you’re right. This sac team looks a bit too solid to hope for a blowout, but I didn’t think we’d blow out ISU either
Well might not necessarily blow them out but I believe we will make them one dimensional and hold them to less than 24 points. I think we win by 2+ tds. I fully believe The Griz are a top 4 team nationally. Maybe better. From everything I've saw out of the fcs this year, we are a force to be reckoned with. I also knew all year long Blowzmen blows. Men. Weak ass schedule played to their advantage and our fairly tough schedule has made us better. I think the Oregon game really helped our team.
I want so badly to have this kind of confidence in a Griz team again. I’m just not there yet. We’ve been burned enough the last few years with strong starts and poor finishes that I think I’ve got some PTSD going on. I’m cautiously optimistic, and weary of Sac St. I think UM should win that game, but could definitely see them losing as well if they don’t play to their potential
“We had a winning record last year and no one was happy about it. If they have a winning record down the road they throw a parade.” - Bobby Hauck -

cmtgrizzly
Posts: 2018
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:43 am
Location: Great Falls

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:46 pm

I certainly feel the Cats have not taken the “next step” from last year to this year. They will have to find a way to forget this game and not let it shake their confidence or they could reel off 2-3 losses in a row. Not that that would be a bad thing. Then they would have to still play us as well and I just think we are a more legitmate FCS contender.
Last edited by cmtgrizzly on Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zootownrox
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by zootownrox » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:51 pm

I don't think Choate is ever going to cultivate a good passing quarterback as he just keeps rotating them and then abandoning them at the first sign of trouble. At some point you have to take your lumps and let a guy work through it and gain some confidence.

cmtgrizzly
Posts: 2018
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:43 am
Location: Great Falls

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:51 pm

hm.grwn.grizfan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:43 pm
jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm
hm.grwn.grizfan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:09 pm
jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:04 pm
I think Griz will shut Sac st down. We got a pretty damn good team. MSPoo sucks badly. But sac is legit. Probably 3rd best team in the big sigh.
I like you’re enthusiasm, and hope you’re right. This sac team looks a bit too solid to hope for a blowout, but I didn’t think we’d blow out ISU either
Well might not necessarily blow them out but I believe we will make them one dimensional and hold them to less than 24 points. I think we win by 2+ tds. I fully believe The Griz are a top 4 team nationally. Maybe better. From everything I've saw out of the fcs this year, we are a force to be reckoned with. I also knew all year long Blowzmen blows. Men. Weak ass schedule played to their advantage and our fairly tough schedule has made us better. I think the Oregon game really helped our team.
I want so badly to have this kind of confidence in a Griz team again. I’m just not there yet. We’ve been burned enough the last few years with strong starts and poor finishes that I think I’ve got some PTSD going on. I’m cautiously optimistic, and weary of Sac St. I think UM should win that game, but could definitely see them losing as well if they don’t play to their potential
I hear you but dont you think we look different than the past few years? We have alot more bite this year and we have some momentum. Bobby will keep them grounded but preserve their confidence. Unlike the Cats I feel we truly have taken a step forward. Maybe we arent ready to beat NDSU in the National Championship but I think we could at least make the FCS nation take notice.
Last edited by cmtgrizzly on Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmtgrizzly
Posts: 2018
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:43 am
Location: Great Falls

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm

zootownrox wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:51 pm
I don't think Choate is ever going to cultivate a good passing quarterback as he just keeps rotating them and then abandoning them at the first sign of trouble. At some point you have to take your lumps and let a guy work through it and gain some confidence.
True. Maybe he feels a lot of pressure to win now in year 4 after two losing years for the first two. Not sure he feels secure enough to take a chance losing several games at this point due to an inexperienced QB. I think he will run Jonsen and/or TA ragged first.

User avatar
Buttegrizzle
eGriz Club
Posts: 2277
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by Buttegrizzle » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Ok. Was traveling out east to the antelope hunt and heard this game on the radio A few things jumped out at me:
1) we are so lucky to have Riley C
2) the Griz are going to need to put some kind of pressure on Sac’s QB
3) Contain the Cats from running outside, they got nothing else.
4) Sacto is good but Griz are better
5). The Cats...exposed. Bye bye.
Fat people are harder to kidnap.

User avatar
Ursa Major
eGriz Club
Posts: 8821
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by Ursa Major » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Buttegrizzle wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 pm
Ok. Was traveling out east to the antelope hunt and heard this game on the radio A few things jumped out at me:
1) we are so lucky to have Riley C
2) the Griz are going to need to put some kind of pressure on Sac’s QB
3) Contain the Cats from running outside, they got nothing else.
4) Sacto is good but Griz are better
5). The Cats...exposed. Bye bye.
Spot on BG :thumb:
Post Like A Champion!

User avatar
signedbewildered
eGriz Club
Posts: 4956
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: South of The Zoo

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by signedbewildered » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Buttegrizzle wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 pm
Ok. Was traveling out east to the antelope hunt and heard this game on the radio A few things jumped out at me:
1) we are so lucky to have Riley C
2) the Griz are going to need to put some kind of pressure on Sac’s QB
3) Contain the Cats from running outside, they got nothing else.
4) Sacto is good but Griz are better
5). The Cats...exposed. Bye bye.
Likely the best fcs O line we face this year unless we meet UNDSU

User avatar
jcu27
Posts: 3427
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 am

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by jcu27 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:18 pm

hm.grwn.grizfan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:43 pm
jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:19 pm
hm.grwn.grizfan wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:09 pm
jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:04 pm
I think Griz will shut Sac st down. We got a pretty damn good team. MSPoo sucks badly. But sac is legit. Probably 3rd best team in the big sigh.
I like you’re enthusiasm, and hope you’re right. This sac team looks a bit too solid to hope for a blowout, but I didn’t think we’d blow out ISU either
Well might not necessarily blow them out but I believe we will make them one dimensional and hold them to less than 24 points. I think we win by 2+ tds. I fully believe The Griz are a top 4 team nationally. Maybe better. From everything I've saw out of the fcs this year, we are a force to be reckoned with. I also knew all year long Blowzmen blows. Men. Weak ass schedule played to their advantage and our fairly tough schedule has made us better. I think the Oregon game really helped our team.
I want so badly to have this kind of confidence in a Griz team again. I’m just not there yet. We’ve been burned enough the last few years with strong starts and poor finishes that I think I’ve got some PTSD going on. I’m cautiously optimistic, and weary of Sac St. I think UM should win that game, but could definitely see them losing as well if they don’t play to their potential
I haven't been this confident in a Griz team since 2011 and that turned out pretty good. I actually feel even better about this team. The passion and swagger that they were missing is back! These guys play their hearts out and give 110%! It also seems everyone has bought into what Bobby wants and it's paying off. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season goes! Like I said haven't felt like this since 2011. 7 years of of worrying about losing against every team we play is gone!
Image
made by; meh

User avatar
IdaGriz01
Posts: 8713
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by IdaGriz01 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:32 pm

jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:18 pm
... I haven't been this confident in a Griz team since 2011 and that turned out pretty good. I actually feel even better about this team. The passion and swagger that they were missing is back! These guys play their hearts out and give 110%! It also seems everyone has bought into what Bobby wants and it's paying off. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season goes! Like I said haven't felt like this since 2011. 7 years of of worrying about losing against every team we play is gone!
Better yet, I think Hauck is a better coach -- in the broadest sense -- than he was when he left UM the last time. Nothing but a feeling... based on seeing videos, interview reports, and some of his moves (which some people don't like). I believe he has learned, and grown, with those years at other places. He still has that competitive fire, and that "edge," but it seems like he's just better at handling the HC job.

mtgrizrule
Posts: 20195
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Missoula

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:43 pm

IdaGriz01 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:32 pm
jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:18 pm
... I haven't been this confident in a Griz team since 2011 and that turned out pretty good. I actually feel even better about this team. The passion and swagger that they were missing is back! These guys play their hearts out and give 110%! It also seems everyone has bought into what Bobby wants and it's paying off. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season goes! Like I said haven't felt like this since 2011. 7 years of of worrying about losing against every team we play is gone!
Better yet, I think Hauck is a better coach -- in the broadest sense -- than he was when he left UM the last time. Nothing but a feeling... based on seeing videos, interview reports, and some of his moves (which some people don't like). I believe he has learned, and grown, with those years at other places. He still has that competitive fire, and that "edge," but it seems like he's just better at handling the HC job.
As for this GRIZ team, I've told guys at work, I believe the GRIZ are capable of beating every BSC team by 10+ points this season, providing they stay healthy. Weber State was the only exception, up until now. I think Sac St is capable of keeping it within 10 as of this week. IF the GRIZ can score 30+ against Weber State, the GRIZ likely win. If the GRIZ can keep Sac State to under 35 points, the GRIZ likely win. The GRIZ are definitely looking to be the most well rounded team in the conference. A dominating win against Sac State will put the GRIZ in top 4 nationally conversation.

As for Bobby Hauck, I agree, he's a better coach this time around. He has a better supporting cast in the coaching staff. He has loosened the reigns for his O and D coordinators. He lets them do their job, a lot more than before. He also isn't as stubborn in how to play the game, and more willing to change things up, from opponent to opponent. Bobby has his swagger back, and his team is feeding off it. I doubt, this team gets complacent this season. Bobby won't allow it!!! Just keep Sneed and the OL healthy!!!!
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!

User avatar
cclarkblues
Moderator
Posts: 7046
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: The flatlands - Blgs

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by cclarkblues » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:58 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:43 pm
IdaGriz01 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:32 pm
jcu27 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:18 pm
... I haven't been this confident in a Griz team since 2011 and that turned out pretty good. I actually feel even better about this team. The passion and swagger that they were missing is back! These guys play their hearts out and give 110%! It also seems everyone has bought into what Bobby wants and it's paying off. I'm excited to see how the rest of the season goes! Like I said haven't felt like this since 2011. 7 years of of worrying about losing against every team we play is gone!
Better yet, I think Hauck is a better coach -- in the broadest sense -- than he was when he left UM the last time. Nothing but a feeling... based on seeing videos, interview reports, and some of his moves (which some people don't like). I believe he has learned, and grown, with those years at other places. He still has that competitive fire, and that "edge," but it seems like he's just better at handling the HC job.
As for this GRIZ team, I've told guys at work, I believe the GRIZ are capable of beating every BSC team by 10+ points this season, providing they stay healthy. Weber State was the only exception, up until now. I think Sac St is capable of keeping it within 10 as of this week. IF the GRIZ can score 30+ against Weber State, the GRIZ likely win. If the GRIZ can keep Sac State to under 35 points, the GRIZ likely win. The GRIZ are definitely looking to be the most well rounded team in the conference. A dominating win against Sac State will put the GRIZ in top 4 nationally conversation.

As for Bobby Hauck, I agree, he's a better coach this time around. He has a better supporting cast in the coaching staff. He has loosened the reigns for his O and D coordinators. He lets them do their job, a lot more than before. He also isn't as stubborn in how to play the game, and more willing to change things up, from opponent to opponent. Bobby has his swagger back, and his team is feeding off it. I doubt, this team gets complacent this season. Bobby won't allow it!!! Just keep Sneed and the OL healthy!!!!
I love our coaching staff this year. I think they make the necessary adjustments when needed and Bobby lets them do their thing. I wonder what other team's DCs must be thinking when they watch the film and realize how many weapons they need to try to stop. Got to cause a few headaches. Not saying we won't get beat but we are capable of beating anyone in this conference and most in the playoffs.
The Dude Abides

CFallsGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 2283
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:38 pm
Location: MTOWN

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by CFallsGriz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Can't wait to play the hornets at their house. This is gonna be fun
"If it's true that our species is alone in the Universe, then I'd have to say that the Universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin

User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 20366
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by EverettGriz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:22 am

Buttegrizzle wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 pm
Ok. Was traveling out east to the antelope hunt and heard this game on the radio A few things jumped out at me:
1) we are so lucky to have Riley C
2) the Griz are going to need to put some kind of pressure on Sac’s QB
3) Contain the Cats from running outside, they got nothing else.
4) Sacto is good but Griz are better
5). The Cats...exposed. Bye bye.
:thumb: :clap:
Booze is the duct tape of life.

User avatar
WaGriz4life
Posts: 3915
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by WaGriz4life » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:40 am

Buttegrizzle wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:59 pm
Ok. Was traveling out east to the antelope hunt and heard this game on the radio A few things jumped out at me:
1) we are so lucky to have Riley C
2) the Griz are going to need to put some kind of pressure on Sac’s QB
3) Contain the Cats from running outside, they got nothing else.
4) Sacto is good but Griz are better
5). The Cats...exposed. Bye bye.
I also listened and #1 is for sure the biggest thing that stood out.

User avatar
Copper Griz
Posts: 2751
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Big Sky

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by Copper Griz » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:46 am

The Griz O Line was the major question mark coming into the season. They have improved dramatically. If the Griz are doing to be a top tier team that contends for a title, then the run game needs to be a little more effective. Especially when you consider how many passing threats the Griz have. Mallory has made a huge difference. Still some work to do though in my opinion, but plenty of games left to really get the o line to gel.
Everyone thinks trolls live under a bridge. They don't, they live in their Mom's basement.

User avatar
Grizzlies1982
Posts: 2535
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by Grizzlies1982 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:58 am

Copper Griz wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:46 am
The Griz O Line was the major question mark coming into the season. They have improved dramatically. If the Griz are doing to be a top tier team that contends for a title, then the run game needs to be a little more effective. Especially when you consider how many passing threats the Griz have. Mallory has made a huge difference. Still some work to do though in my opinion, but plenty of games left to really get the o line to gel.

Good post. This team is playing well but it still has room to improve if they intend to be champs. Making our running game a consistent threat would do wonders.
Survey says: Playoffs are more fun when the Grizzlies are in them.

nzone
Posts: 2449
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by nzone » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:09 am

If I didn’t know any better I swear sac state was playing Bobby Ball. Methodically killing the clock by playing smash mouth football. Thing of beauty I tell you. :thumb: Oh and didn’t Choate mention not getting off the field on 3rd down after firing Tye. Boy that has worked out well for him(kind of like going for it on 4th down in your own territory in the first quarter with a scoreless game).

Diesel
Posts: 920
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by Diesel » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:09 am

Last several posts have gone from Sac St vs Cats to how UM looks better to match up with Sac St.
Choate revealed the truth post game, Cats got beat by the better team.
Griz victory over Sac will confirm which team is better. At this point of the season we are getting confirmation of what teams are. This weekend was full of lopsided wins in the BSC.
The top tier in BSC are UM, Sac, Weber, and ISU.
These four are the ones who are in playoff contention. Griz have knocked off ISU and have Sac and Weber games to showcase how dominant they are.
Next three weeks are the heart of conference play. The EWU game will be like a playoff game, it will be Best’s season if he can pull of a win in Missoula. The results of the next three weeks will show the level of UM’s progression this year.

User avatar
jodcon
eGriz Club
Posts: 5528
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Cats - Sac State

Post by jodcon » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:30 am

I wouldn't write the Cats off just yet, they actually outgained Sac St yesterday but bad decisions, both coaching and QB, helped take them down. They're still in the hunt until they get to the final two games, then we'll see what happens.

Post Reply