More Bobcat Coverage in Missoulian?

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
tourist

Re: More Bobcat Coverage in Missoulian?

Post by tourist » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:41 pm

Alpha would be a breath of fresh air in this suffocating polically correct time. :thumb:

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:14 am

tourist wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:41 pm
Alpha would be a breath of fresh air in this suffocating polically correct time. :thumb:
Alpha IS a breath of fresh air in the suffocating politically correct time. :thumb:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:43 pm

It just keeps getting better. Missoulian names Szpaller, Bauer as city editor and photo editor.

"Missoulian names Szpaller...as city editor ...."

grizfnz

Post by grizfnz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:43 pm
It just keeps getting better. Missoulian names Szpaller, Bauer as city editor and photo editor.

THE POST COUNTER IS NOT AN INTELLIGENCE METER

getgrizzy

Post by getgrizzy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:43 pm

He can’t even szpall his own name right.

Plainsman

Post by Plainsman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:57 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:14 am
tourist wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:41 pm
Alpha IS a breath of fresh air in the suffocating politically correct time. :thumb:
Alpha is a douche and this place is eminently better off without him.
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. John Kenneth Galbraith

goatcreekgriz

Post by goatcreekgriz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:55 am

The insertion of Alpha into this string brings the discussion full circle.

The reference in the original post was to this article that appeared front-page, above-the-fold seven years ago:

https://missoulian.com/news/local/griz- ... f887a.html

This article ticked me off because (1) it seemed like the Missoulian had lost its way by thinking that eGriz postings were newsworthy enough to merit such prominent placement in the paper, or even any coverage at all, and (2) miscreant posters like Alpha would see the article as validation or recognition that their wretched comments on eGriz were in fact newsworthy. The Missoulian blew it. Alpha reaped what he sowed.

The article led me to cancel my subscription to the Missoulian forever. The resurrection of Alpha leads me to believe that some things will probably never change.

tourist

Post by tourist » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:06 am

FTC, FTM, FGF, FStrauss, FSzpaller, FBauer. If I left off anyone, I apologize. Fthemtoo. :lol:

StumptownGriz

Post by StumptownGriz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:14 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:56 pm
In my view, Florio is the person most responsible for most of the bad press, including incorrect and shabby reporting about UM, UM athletics, Missoula and certain individuals like JJ. She and the Missoulian, and later Krakauer to a lesser extent, pushed, caused and magnified matters incurring in Missoula and at UM. Florio and the Missoulian unfairly, and in my view dishonestly at times, inflamed many situations and caused other groups and people to focus on Missoula and certain issues and blow them up and beyond proportion and beyond their actual significance.

She is the person most responsible for for exaggerating and over publicizing issues and problems in Missoula, and in contributing to the decline in enrollment at UM. Other things also caused the enrollment decline. In my view, she has caused more harm to Missoula and UM than any individual in modern history, and probably ever.

It is astounding that the Missoulian, presumably Strauss, is so clueless to elevate her to this position. This will likely contribute to what I assume is the continuing decline of the Missoulian. It looks like Strauss knew Florio from Denver, and attracted her to Greats Falls in the first place.

Again, all my views.

It will be interesting to see if what I perceive as improving, or slightly improving, relations between the Missoulian and UM in recent times, continues to improve, or starts going backwards. I hope she has learned, mellowed and evolved/matured since those several years starting in 2008 or so.
This is spot on PR. Great post.