New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Grizzly Basketball and Big Sky Conference Hoops
grizzlyjournal
Posts: 1919
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:54 pm
Location: Missoula

New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by grizzlyjournal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:09 pm



User avatar
WaGriz4life
Posts: 3821
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm
Location: Montana

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by WaGriz4life » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Really happy that Travis is still our head coach. The best we’ve ever had. I wish we could pay him 500k per year and keep him forever.
Last edited by WaGriz4life on Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 6577
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by HookedonGriz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:03 pm

Well I’m excited as hell! Not much of a salary increase but packed with incentives for wins, championships, classroom incentives, grades, etc. so awesome!

KILO217
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:42 am

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by KILO217 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:02 am

The $50,000 Retention Incentive per year is impressive and him being able to keep the revenue of annual 'money games' over $86,000 to supplement his salary will be a good increase to make his earnings near the top for Big Sky Conference coaches. So relieved Travis is staying!! Go Griz!!

User avatar
Dillon
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by Dillon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:30 am

Congrats to Coach DeCuire & Griz Basketball!

DPGriz
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 am

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by DPGriz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Glad that it's official. Would have hoped for more of a salary bump but it's better than nothing, does anyone know how the bonuses and buyout compares to the previous contract? I know a lot of the clauses like the money from guaranteed games were in his previous contract so hopefully there's a bit of a bump in the payout on those bonuses.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by AZGrizFan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:49 pm

DPGriz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:59 pm
Glad that it's official. Would have hoped for more of a salary bump but it's better than nothing, does anyone know how the bonuses and buyout compares to the previous contract? I know a lot of the clauses like the money from guaranteed games were in his previous contract so hopefully there's a bit of a bump in the payout on those bonuses.
Where's 75 when you need him? :lol: :lol:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
Proud Griz Man
eGriz Club
Posts: 4934
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 11:50 am

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by Proud Griz Man » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 pm

I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".

If his team achieves a cumulative grade point average of 2.90-2.99, DeCuire receives a $2,000 bonus while each of his three assistant coaches earns $500. If UM's GPA is 3.00-3.09, the bonuses are $3,000 and $750, and a 3.10 or higher GPA earns DeCuire $4,000 and each assistant $1,000.
If Montana maintains a four-year average academic progress rate score of at least 950, DeCuire earns $2,500 and each assistant earns $500.
If the Grizzlies finish the regular season as conference champions or co-champions, DeCuire earns $5,000 and each assistant earns $2,500.
If the Griz win the Big Sky Conference tournament or are selected to the NCAA Tournament, DeCuire earns $15,000 and each assistant earns $5,000.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 6577
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by HookedonGriz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 pm

Proud Griz Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 pm
I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".

If his team achieves a cumulative grade point average of 2.90-2.99, DeCuire receives a $2,000 bonus while each of his three assistant coaches earns $500. If UM's GPA is 3.00-3.09, the bonuses are $3,000 and $750, and a 3.10 or higher GPA earns DeCuire $4,000 and each assistant $1,000.
If Montana maintains a four-year average academic progress rate score of at least 950, DeCuire earns $2,500 and each assistant earns $500.
If the Grizzlies finish the regular season as conference champions or co-champions, DeCuire earns $5,000 and each assistant earns $2,500.
If the Griz win the Big Sky Conference tournament or are selected to the NCAA Tournament, DeCuire earns $15,000 and each assistant earns $5,000.
The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.

ilovethecats
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:56 pm

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 pm
Proud Griz Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 pm
I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".

If his team achieves a cumulative grade point average of 2.90-2.99, DeCuire receives a $2,000 bonus while each of his three assistant coaches earns $500. If UM's GPA is 3.00-3.09, the bonuses are $3,000 and $750, and a 3.10 or higher GPA earns DeCuire $4,000 and each assistant $1,000.
If Montana maintains a four-year average academic progress rate score of at least 950, DeCuire earns $2,500 and each assistant earns $500.
If the Grizzlies finish the regular season as conference champions or co-champions, DeCuire earns $5,000 and each assistant earns $2,500.
If the Griz win the Big Sky Conference tournament or are selected to the NCAA Tournament, DeCuire earns $15,000 and each assistant earns $5,000.
The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.
I thought that too. Anyone know roughly what the going rate is these days? How much do you get for playing a team like UCLA or Kentucky?

User avatar
WaGriz4life
Posts: 3821
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:48 pm
Location: Montana

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by WaGriz4life » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 pm
Proud Griz Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 pm
I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".

If his team achieves a cumulative grade point average of 2.90-2.99, DeCuire receives a $2,000 bonus while each of his three assistant coaches earns $500. If UM's GPA is 3.00-3.09, the bonuses are $3,000 and $750, and a 3.10 or higher GPA earns DeCuire $4,000 and each assistant $1,000.
If Montana maintains a four-year average academic progress rate score of at least 950, DeCuire earns $2,500 and each assistant earns $500.
If the Grizzlies finish the regular season as conference champions or co-champions, DeCuire earns $5,000 and each assistant earns $2,500.
If the Griz win the Big Sky Conference tournament or are selected to the NCAA Tournament, DeCuire earns $15,000 and each assistant earns $5,000.
The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.
I thought that too. Anyone know roughly what the going rate is these days? How much do you get for playing a team like UCLA or Kentucky?
Last year we earned $195,000. So Travis would have got a $109,000 bonus last year. Plus all the other incentives for winning the big sky and tournament.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 6577
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by HookedonGriz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:09 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 pm
Proud Griz Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 pm
I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".

If his team achieves a cumulative grade point average of 2.90-2.99, DeCuire receives a $2,000 bonus while each of his three assistant coaches earns $500. If UM's GPA is 3.00-3.09, the bonuses are $3,000 and $750, and a 3.10 or higher GPA earns DeCuire $4,000 and each assistant $1,000.
If Montana maintains a four-year average academic progress rate score of at least 950, DeCuire earns $2,500 and each assistant earns $500.
If the Grizzlies finish the regular season as conference champions or co-champions, DeCuire earns $5,000 and each assistant earns $2,500.
If the Griz win the Big Sky Conference tournament or are selected to the NCAA Tournament, DeCuire earns $15,000 and each assistant earns $5,000.
The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.
I thought that too. Anyone know roughly what the going rate is these days? How much do you get for playing a team like UCLA or Kentucky?
I seem to recall when UCLA canceled due to the fires that was around $80,000.. at least that’s the number in my head

Colter_Nuanez56
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:31 am
Location: skylinesportsmt.com
Contact:

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by Colter_Nuanez56 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:18 pm

TWITTER:@Skylinesportsmt
FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/skylinesportsmt1
BIG SKY BREAKDOWN ON ITUNES
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/big ... 1131856462
SUBSCRIBE TO SKYLINE SPORTS
https://skylinesportsmt.com/subscriptions/

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by AZGrizFan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm

I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

PlayerRep
Posts: 23875
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by PlayerRep » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:49 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm
I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.
It's not all abut money. Don't ever underestimate the factor of strong support on the school's message board.

dbackjon
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:46 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by dbackjon » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:56 am

WaGriz4life wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 pm
HookedonGriz wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:56 pm
Proud Griz Man wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:14 pm
I like the "pay for performance" philosophy. :clap: :clap: IMHO It is too bad that these published incentive amounts are so "modest".








The big one was “he keeps anything above and beyond the 86k minimum the university needs” for any big money games. I like that one and if scheduled right could be a big $ bonus.
I thought that too. Anyone know roughly what the going rate is these days? How much do you get for playing a team like UCLA or Kentucky?
Last year we earned $195,000. So Travis would have got a $109,000 bonus last year. Plus all the other incentives for winning the big sky and tournament.
Wouldn't the 86K be per money game?
Lumberjacks!

dbackjon
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:46 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by dbackjon » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:57 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm
I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.
Texas Tech did the only thing they could do to keep a coach of his quality in Lubbock - overpay him.
Lumberjacks!

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by AZGrizFan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:12 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:49 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm
I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.
It's not all abut money. Don't ever underestimate the factor of strong support on the school's message board.
Ha.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 23203
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by AZGrizFan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:12 pm

dbackjon wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:57 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm
I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.
Texas Tech did the only thing they could do to keep a coach of his quality in Lubbock - overpay him.
In three years Beard's contract will look like a bargain. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

PlayerRep
Posts: 23875
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: New Three-Year contract for DeCuire announced

Post by PlayerRep » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:02 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:12 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:49 am
AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:16 pm
I wonder if there’s any shred of regret after seeing the contract TexasTech coach Beard signed today.
It's not all abut money. Don't ever underestimate the factor of strong support on the school's message board.
Ha.
I don't think it's right for you to be using "Ha".

Post Reply