Griz Football Recruiting Info
SaskGriz

Re: 2020 Recruiting: 2 Offers

Post by SaskGriz » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:08 pm

dayday wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:12 am
Grizfan-24 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:02 pm
Talking to some coaches, there is a movement to ask kids not to report offers. I know it seems silly in this day and age, but there is some sound strategy in having players keep off of social media. First it is a recruiting violation nightmare for schools and coaches. Second, it leads players to use social media as a leverage and makes recruiting harder. Third, it allows other college coaches to know your business. This is just stuff I have heard from coaches.

Is that the correct mindset? I don't know, but there are more and more college coaches who aren't enamored with players posting this stuff all over social media. I know in a couple cases over the past few years it has led to problems with recruits knowing what other recruits were offered.

As for the UM currently, I think there are offers out there but knowing the scholly situation a bit I think this year is going to have a bit more of a tactical feel to offers. Less carpet bombing and more surgical.
That makes a ton sense for the coaches but for the kids it makes zero sense. You need the recruiting buzz because it forces more and bigger schools to the offer table sooner. For example, if Idaho offers a kid that MSU is interested in then they are likely going to follow suit with an offer soon after then if you have enough of those it catches MW or PAC-12 coaches’ eye to think about watching the film and offering.

So point being if the coaches are saying here is a scholarship offer but don’t tell anyone; I would question the motives of that school looking out for what is best for the kid. I think the school that fully embraces social media with recruiting and that competition are typically the successful programs in the FBS and even FCS (see James Madison or NDSU). Just my two cents from the peanut gallery, lol.
Does Idaho still have a degree granting University? Isn't Riverside Tech who play on the blue field the highest level that Idaho kids can aspire to? I know there is still a dome in Pocatello but I don't think they do much besides dry land ranching and stunted hemp production. MSU would look like a real university in comparison and that's the only way it ever would.

dayday
eGriz Club

Post by dayday » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:34 am

SaskGriz wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:08 pm
dayday wrote:
Grizfan-24 wrote:
Talking to some coaches, there is a movement to ask kids not to report offers. I know it seems silly in this day and age, but there is some sound strategy in having players keep off of social media. First it is a recruiting violation nightmare for schools and coaches. Second, it leads players to use social media as a leverage and makes recruiting harder. Third, it allows other college coaches to know your business. This is just stuff I have heard from coaches.

Is that the correct mindset? I don't know, but there are more and more college coaches who aren't enamored with players posting this stuff all over social media. I know in a couple cases over the past few years it has led to problems with recruits knowing what other recruits were offered.

As for the UM currently, I think there are offers out there but knowing the scholly situation a bit I think this year is going to have a bit more of a tactical feel to offers. Less carpet bombing and more surgical.
That makes a ton sense for the coaches but for the kids it makes zero sense. You need the recruiting buzz because it forces more and bigger schools to the offer table sooner. For example, if Idaho offers a kid that MSU is interested in then they are likely going to follow suit with an offer soon after then if you have enough of those it catches MW or PAC-12 coaches’ eye to think about watching the film and offering.

So point being if the coaches are saying here is a scholarship offer but don’t tell anyone; I would question the motives of that school looking out for what is best for the kid. I think the school that fully embraces social media with recruiting and that competition are typically the successful programs in the FBS and even FCS (see James Madison or NDSU). Just my two cents from the peanut gallery, lol.
Does Idaho still have a degree granting University? Isn't Riverside Tech who play on the blue field the highest level that Idaho kids can aspire to? I know there is still a dome in Pocatello but I don't think they do much besides dry land ranching and stunted hemp production. MSU would look like a real university in comparison and that's the only way it ever would.
I have no idea what you are talking about. It was just an illustrative example and you took it into left field.

SaskGriz

Post by SaskGriz » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:49 am

dayday wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:34 am
SaskGriz wrote:
dayday wrote:
Grizfan-24 wrote:

I have no idea what you are talking about. It was just an illustrative example and you took it into left field.
I wasn't responding to your post in any way. I was just highlighting that line as a chance to make mean spirited jabs at Idaho both as a state and their education system. The unnecessary belittling of rival schools is one of the ways I am able to feel better about myself. It's sad but it's either this or I'm mean to pets and children.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:41 am

SaskGriz wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:49 am
dayday wrote:
SaskGriz wrote:
dayday wrote:

I wasn't responding to your post in any way. I was just highlighting that line as a chance to make mean spirited jabs at Idaho both as a state and their education system. The unnecessary belittling of rival schools is one of the ways I am able to feel better about myself. It's sad but it's either this or I'm mean to pets and children.
Sask LIVES in left field! :lol: :lol:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:39 am

Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

dayday
eGriz Club

Post by dayday » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:20 pm

SaskGriz wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:49 am
dayday wrote:
SaskGriz wrote:
dayday wrote:

Aww then lol well carry on.

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:49 pm

2020 DE/ OLB from Olympia

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:00 pm

grizfan1984

Post by grizfan1984 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:30 pm

Paytonlives wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:00 pm
This kid is class of 2022

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Note: As one player posted this was a "Prospects Camp". IE Invited. Huack and Company do things different. While some teams throw offers all over the place, The Griz are a lot more pin pointed. I get it but would love to see them throw some deep bombs and offer some players that are long shots... sometimes those pay off.

dayday
eGriz Club

Post by dayday » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:19 am

Paytonlives wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 pm
Note: As one player posted this was a "Prospects Camp". IE Invited. Huack and Company do things different. While some teams throw offers all over the place, The Griz are a lot more pin pointed. I get it but would love to see them throw some deep bombs and offer some players that are long shots... sometimes those pay off.
I don’t think it was by invitation only. Any high schooler could pay the registration fee and compete. I think some of the targets though get the fee waived with an invite like most programs do when they really want to entice someone to come to their camp.

Also I agree somewhat on wider net. I do think they offer kids they have little shot at but they often do it very late. My biggest issue is our timing in doing the official offers.

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:41 am

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:51 pm