FCS Playoffs- Semi Final Round

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:30 pm

#1 North Dakota State (14-0) Beat #5 South Dakota State (10-3) 44-21
#3 Eastern Washington (12-2) Beat #7 Maine (10-4) 50-19
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

mtgrizrule

Re: FCS Playoffs- Semi Final Round

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Go EWU!!!!! (Man, this is going to be difficult). It feels odd rooting for EWU. I hope SDSU beats NDSU.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

Spanky2

Post by Spanky2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:47 pm

Why cheer for them? It doesn’t help UM if they win. In fact, it will help their recruiting efforts against us.

grizeyes
eGriz Club

Post by grizeyes » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:33 am

As much as I hope NDSU and EWU win, it would be fun to watch the Maine DL go up against the NDSU OL. Maine's DL is legit but wonder how long they could hold up against the road graders for NDSU.
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature that has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill

Paytonlives

Post by Paytonlives » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:34 pm

Spanky2 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:47 pm
Why cheer for them? It doesn’t help UM if they win. In fact, it will help their recruiting efforts against us.
Yes and No.

Yes- for the second signing date in Feb, it will certainly help
No- for the Dec 19-21 Signing day as the coaches will be busy working.
Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

greasewood

Post by greasewood » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Bison 41 Jackrabs 24
Eagles 38 Black Bears 17

bgbigdog
eGriz Club

Post by bgbigdog » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:55 pm

It will be interesting to see if Maine’s D-line has the same kind of success they’ve generated this past couple of games. On the other hand, they’re going to have to manufacture more offense - they were awful there for much of the games & explosive plays might not carry the day unless they were to come in bunches.
“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

bgbigdog
eGriz Club

Post by bgbigdog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:34 pm

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.” Groucho Marx.

fanofzoo

Post by fanofzoo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:03 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:33 pm
Go EWU!!!!! (Man, this is going to be difficult). It feels odd rooting for EWU. I hope SDSU beats NDSU.
Now here is the soap.

AZDoc

Post by AZDoc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:27 am

I'm hoping Maine wins it all...
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool-Bill Shakespeare
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers

Spanky2

Post by Spanky2 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Second

Silvertip

Post by Silvertip » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:51 am

I'm fed up with East coasters bragging up the CAA as the FCS's best...Go Beagles :!:
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" M. Twain

66volvo

Post by 66volvo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 pm

I can NOT root for EWU. Like to see Maine play Bison...and win the championship. They are a classy program from a small state school that receives little mention and are not often competitive. This may be their only opportunity. Their D line would have thrown our O line around like rag dolls.

Go Black Bears.

zirge
eGriz Club

Post by zirge » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Spanky2 wrote:
ya, but, don't you have to earn that privilege? they have a right to roll with it just like we would if we were in their position. doesn't big sky mean anything other than a conference for the griz to play in?
for me, since fcs is about the only football i spend time watching/following i am a griz fan first, a big sky fan second and a fcs fan third.
"Coaching plays a part, in how you build confidence in a person and get someone to see what they are capable of. That's the biggest piece to get someone really good," says Schweyen.

Spanky2

Post by Spanky2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:49 am

Eastern would like to relegate the Griz to oblivion. If you want to cheer for a competitor, be my guest. Do you think Auburn fans cheer for Alabama, Oregon fans for Washington, Ohio State fans for Michigan, North Carolina fans for Duke?

Spanky2

Post by Spanky2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 am

66volvo wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:20 pm
I can NOT root for EWU. Like to see Maine play Bison...and win the championship. They are a classy program from a small state school that receives little mention and are not often competitive. This may be their only opportunity. Their D line would have thrown our O line around like rag dolls.

Go Black Bears.
Most d lines treat our OL line like rag dolls. Hopefully, Bobby is in the process of changing that. Probably will take a couple more years, however.

zirge
eGriz Club

Post by zirge » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 am

Spanky2 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:49 am
Eastern would like to relegate the Griz to oblivion. If you want to cheer for a competitor, be my guest. Do you think Auburn fans cheer for Alabama, Oregon fans for Washington, Ohio State fans for Michigan, North Carolina fans for Duke?
I would have to disagree with your first statement, the only way they could do this is to continue to win the big sky over the next several years to become a powerhouse that the Griz use to be, then they've earn it and
it would be the Griz's mo to dethrone them. you are right, it is starting to look this way ie bobby to the rescue.
as for cheering for a competitor, i see what you are saying, only in the context during the regular season.
i would not cheer or EW if they were playing the Griz regular or post season, however, in reality, the Griz are not playing post season and the Eagles are so, yes, i will cheer for them because they are a big sky team and maine is not.
i could get real picky and go the east west route but my personal allegiance is not to take it to that level,
if it does come down to that i look at which team i believe i would put my money on, so give an example, if NDSU plays Maine in the chipper i would bet/cheer for NDSU.
"Coaching plays a part, in how you build confidence in a person and get someone to see what they are capable of. That's the biggest piece to get someone really good," says Schweyen.

Spanky2

Post by Spanky2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Ok, I will cheer for Maine because I lived in the east. Never would I cheer for Cheney Community College, except for them to go out of business.

marceagfan5

Post by marceagfan5 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:47 pm

Spanky2 wrote:
Well...You could look at it like the better the conference does in the postseason, the better seeding, the better games, and more credibility will come in the future for BSC teams...

And...UM and EWU don’t compete for a ton of kids in recruiting, maybe only a couple a year...

uofmman1122
eGriz Club

Post by uofmman1122 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:36 pm

zirge wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 am
Spanky2 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:49 am
I would have to disagree with your first statement, the only way they could do this is to continue to win the big sky over the next several years to become a powerhouse that the Griz use to be
We dominated the Big Sky from 2000-2009, and EWU won the NC in 2010, so I'm not sure if that's how it works.