GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Post Reply
mtgrizrule
Posts: 19656
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Missoula/Denver

GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm

As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's replacement in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.


2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.


The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.
Last edited by mtgrizrule on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

Griz1
Posts: 935
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:05 pm

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by Griz1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:50 pm

I thought having defensive ends that can put some pressure on the quarterback is also a necessity. I don’t remember a great GRiZ team that didn’t have outstanding defensive ends.

FlyCastingCat
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by FlyCastingCat » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 pm

The griz will be right there, battling for a playoff spot in Bozeman, but will get shit canned for the 4th year in a row. Count on it. :thumb:. Choate has the griz's number, regardless of who is calling the shots.

User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 15030
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's predecessor in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.


2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.


The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.
I don't disagree, Rule, but I think Hauck's predecessor has been in place for a while now.

mtgrizrule
Posts: 19656
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Missoula/Denver

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's replacement in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.


2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.


The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.
I don't disagree, Rule, but I think Hauck's predecessor has been in place for a while now.
LMAO, I'm not sure why I typed that, and to top it off, didn't double check my post. I've changed it.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 15030
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:58 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's replacement in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.


2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.


The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.
I don't disagree, Rule, but I think Hauck's predecessor has been in place for a while now.
LMAO, I'm not sure why I typed that, and to top it off, didn't double check my post. I've changed it.
:lol:
Dude, try writing that same thing as a HS junior to a college coach who showed light interest, and was moving on. (Not FB).

CDA: congrats on the new job, please let me know who your predecessor is.
Coach: *silence forever*

mtgrizrule
Posts: 19656
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Missoula/Denver

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:06 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:58 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's replacement in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.


2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.


The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.
I don't disagree, Rule, but I think Hauck's predecessor has been in place for a while now.
LMAO, I'm not sure why I typed that, and to top it off, didn't double check my post. I've changed it.
:lol:
Dude, try writing that same thing as a HS junior to a college coach who showed light interest, and was moving on. (Not FB).

CDA: congrats on the new job, please let me know who your predecessor is.
Coach: *silence forever*
lmao
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

User avatar
Silenoz
Posts: 1912
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:21 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by Silenoz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 pm
The griz will be right there, battling for a playoff spot in Bozeman, but will get shit canned for the 4th year in a row. Count on it. :thumb:. Choate has the griz's number, regardless of who is calling the shots.
Hey man, as long as you guys provide us the alternative means of entertainment a few weeks later of losing to NDSU by 40 again, we all win :thumb:

cmtgrizzly
Posts: 1852
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:43 am
Location: Great Falls

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 pm
The griz will be right there, battling for a playoff spot in Bozeman, but will get shit canned for the 4th year in a row. Count on it. :thumb:. Choate has the griz's number, regardless of who is calling the shots.
He has their number? So Choate will never lose to UM?

User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 11536
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by kemajic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.
The Weber OL was manhandled by Maine.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

mtgrizrule
Posts: 19656
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Missoula/Denver

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm

:roll:
kemajic wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.
The Weber OL was manhandled by Maine.
I missed that game. I was working.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

User avatar
grizeyes
eGriz Club
Posts: 1225
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 pm
Location: Too Far From MT!

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by grizeyes » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 am

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm
:roll:
kemajic wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.
The Weber OL was manhandled by Maine.
I missed that game. I was working.
Yes they were. Maine DL is legit. Last I heard, fourth quarter I think, Weber had -1 rushing yards. :o EWU will need to air it out to loosen things up - which they can do. However, wouln't suprise me to see Maine take down EWU.
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature that has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill

Spanky2
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by Spanky2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:36 am

grizeyes wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 am
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm
:roll:
kemajic wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.
The Weber OL was manhandled by Maine.
I missed that game. I was working.
Yes they were. Maine DL is legit. Last I heard, fourth quarter I think, Weber had -1 rushing yards. :o EWU will need to air it out to loosen things up - which they can do. However, wouln't suprise me to see Maine take down EWU.
I hope Eastern gets their butts kicked!

User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 15030
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 am

Spanky2 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:36 am
grizeyes wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 am
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm
:roll:
kemajic wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm

The Weber OL was manhandled by Maine.
I missed that game. I was working.
Yes they were. Maine DL is legit. Last I heard, fourth quarter I think, Weber had -1 rushing yards. :o EWU will need to air it out to loosen things up - which they can do. However, wouln't suprise me to see Maine take down EWU.
I hope Eastern gets their butts kicked!
No potty words.

User avatar
BadlandsGrizFan
Posts: 4690
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:21 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:39 am

FlyCastingCat wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 pm
The griz will be right there, battling for a playoff spot in Bozeman, but will get shit canned for the 4th year in a row. Count on it. :thumb:. Choate has the griz's number, regardless of who is calling the shots.
Choatle has been lucky enough to play against the 3 griz teams that were going through a turnover and new coaching staffs and players.
You are entering a world of pain Smokey..mark it fucking zero!

Butte5518
Posts: 90
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:27 am

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by Butte5518 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.
1. More wins
2. Less losses..... :thumb:

Post Reply