GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
mtgrizrule

GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm

As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's replacement in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.

2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.

The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.
Last edited by mtgrizrule on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you all. God Bless every soldier fighting for our country!!!!
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

Griz1

Re: GRIZ and the BSC Playoff Teams

Post by Griz1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:50 pm

I thought having defensive ends that can put some pressure on the quarterback is also a necessity. I don’t remember a great GRiZ team that didn’t have outstanding defensive ends.

FlyCastingCat

Post by FlyCastingCat » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 pm

The griz will be right there, battling for a playoff spot in Bozeman, but will get shit canned for the 4th year in a row. Count on it. :thumb:. Choate has the griz's number, regardless of who is calling the shots.

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:10 pm
As I have watched the other 3 Big Sky Conference teams in the playoffs, I honestly feel there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's predecessor in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.

2. Consistent OL play- their OL's not only take care of the opposing DL, but consistently get to the 2nd level of defenders, and reduce the impact of LB's and DB's.

The GRIZ are there in every other aspect. Especially with starting talent. I honestly believe, if the OL improves to a consistent cohesive group, the GRIZ are a playoff caliber team. In a year or 2, the GRIZ will be back.
I don't disagree, Rule, but I think Hauck's predecessor has been in place for a while now.

mtgrizrule

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:38 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:

1. Program continuity- multiple years with the coaching staff and system in place. We absolutely need patience with Hauck. We cannot continue having a revolving door at head coach. We also have to prepare our coaching staffs to have Hauck's replacement in place, if and when, he does retire or moves to another position. I thoroughly believe he is committed to retiring here.

I don't disagree, Rule, but I think Hauck's predecessor has been in place for a while now.
LMAO, I'm not sure why I typed that, and to top it off, didn't double check my post. I've changed it.
Health issues, major and minor...increase the productivity of your NRF1 and NRF2. Here is my business website to see the products. http://rbidwell.lifevantage.com/

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:58 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:

LMAO, I'm not sure why I typed that, and to top it off, didn't double check my post. I've changed it.
:lol:
Dude, try writing that same thing as a HS junior to a college coach who showed light interest, and was moving on. (Not FB).

CDA: congrats on the new job, please let me know who your predecessor is.
Coach: *silence forever*

mtgrizrule

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:06 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:58 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:

:lol:
Dude, try writing that same thing as a HS junior to a college coach who showed light interest, and was moving on. (Not FB).

CDA: congrats on the new job, please let me know who your predecessor is.
Coach: *silence forever*
lmao

Silenoz

Post by Silenoz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:39 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:23 pm
The griz will be right there, battling for a playoff spot in Bozeman, but will get shit canned for the 4th year in a row. Count on it. :thumb:. Choate has the griz's number, regardless of who is calling the shots.
Hey man, as long as you guys provide us the alternative means of entertainment a few weeks later of losing to NDSU by 40 again, we all win :thumb:

cmtgrizzly

Post by cmtgrizzly » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:
He has their number? So Choate will never lose to UM?

kemajic
eGriz Club

Post by kemajic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
The Weber OL was manhandled by Maine.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

mtgrizrule

Post by mtgrizrule » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm

:roll:
kemajic wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 pm
mtgrizrule wrote:
I missed that game. I was working.

grizeyes
eGriz Club

Post by grizeyes » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 am

mtgrizrule wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:28 pm
kemajic wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:
Yes they were. Maine DL is legit. Last I heard, fourth quarter I think, Weber had -1 rushing yards. :o EWU will need to air it out to loosen things up - which they can do. However, wouln't suprise me to see Maine take down EWU.
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature that has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill

Spanky2

Post by Spanky2 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:36 am

grizeyes wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 am
mtgrizrule wrote:
kemajic wrote:
mtgrizrule wrote:
Yes they were. Maine DL is legit. Last I heard, fourth quarter I think, Weber had -1 rushing yards. :o EWU will need to air it out to loosen things up - which they can do. However, wouln't suprise me to see Maine take down EWU.
I hope Eastern gets their butts kicked!

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 am

Spanky2 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:36 am
grizeyes wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 am
mtgrizrule wrote:
kemajic wrote:

I hope Eastern gets their butts kicked!
No potty words.

BadlandsGrizFan

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:39 am

FlyCastingCat wrote:
Choatle has been lucky enough to play against the 3 griz teams that were going through a turnover and new coaching staffs and players.
You are entering a world of pain Smokey..mark it fucking zero!

Butte5518

Post by Butte5518 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 pm

mtgrizrule wrote:
there are 2 things separating them from the GRIZ.
1. More wins
2. Less losses..... :thumb: