Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Grizzlies1982

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Grizzlies1982 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Griz2k wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:46 pm
Colgate only gave up 49 points to FCS teams all year. Have given up 35 today alone.

First of all let me say I was very impressed with Colgate's defense. They were sound and very sure tackling machines. They finally ran out of gas but I can see how they would have had such an extraordinary season.

Yet to respond to your post I'd say a portion of that is due to the overall quality of opponents Colgate faced this year. The other part is that NDSU, as always has their dominant offensive line, and on top of that they are stacked this year with talent at their skill positions.
Survey says: Playoffs are more fun when the Grizzlies are in them.

grizeyes
eGriz Club

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by grizeyes » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:29 am

grizindabox wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:06 pm
BDizzle wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:00 pm
I sit here wondering, how the hell is NDSU so dominant? Seriously the number 1 defense didn’t even stand a chance against them. I could see a few years of great recruits. But this team is a damn factory. How are any teams going to compete in the near future? And what do they do that makes them so special?
One of the biggest things is they own the trenches every game usually by a big margin.
Yep, it all begins in the trenches. UNDSU owns the trenches on both sides of the ball.
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature that has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill