Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
User avatar
IdaGriz01
Posts: 7900
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by IdaGriz01 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 am

North Dakota State is not blowing Colgate out yet ... on the scoreboard (14-0 at the half). But they have almost tripled-up the Raiders in offensive stats: 210 yard to 76. And the Colgate D must already be gassed, since the TOP is about 17 min. for NDSU vs 13 min. for Colgate. Much more of that and the Raiders will be running on fumes.

User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 11536
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by kemajic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:36 am

IdaGriz01 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:33 am
North Dakota State is not blowing Colgate out yet ... on the scoreboard (14-0 at the half). But they have almost tripled-up the Raiders in offensive stats: 210 yard to 76. And the Colgate D must already be gassed, since the TOP is about 17 min. for NDSU vs 13 min. for Colgate. Much more of that and the Raiders will be running on fumes.
Colgate much like Maine and Weber; very good D, O not so much.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

nzone
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by nzone » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 am

I find it interesting that ndsu pays a full cost of college stipends of up to I believe $3400 for student athletes. Considering they have an FBS offensive line and it’s 2 deep is as good I wonder how that equates into “additional” scholarships at the FCS level. Until their is parity in this area where other schools use this stipend ndsu will always have the upper hand. I have no idea what bigsky schools(if any) participates in this.

User avatar
Griz2k
eGriz Club
Posts: 3062
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:28 pm
Location: Missoula
Contact:

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Griz2k » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:56 am

I thought I remembered that the stadium announcers couldn't try to get the crowd fired up at all during playoff games and Peter Christian being very subdued on first down calls. Has that changed or am I misremembering? I can't stand the ndsu dude yelling BIIIIZZZONNNN during this game.

User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 11536
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by kemajic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:06 pm

nzone wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 am
I find it interesting that ndsu pays a full cost of college stipends of up to I believe $3400 for student athletes. Considering they have an FBS offensive line and it’s 2 deep is as good I wonder how that equates into “additional” scholarships at the FCS level. Until their is parity in this area where other schools use this stipend ndsu will always have the upper hand. I have no idea what bigsky schools(if any) participates in this.
No longer in the BSC, but I believe UND did it as well.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

User avatar
IdaGriz01
Posts: 7900
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by IdaGriz01 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:08 pm

As I rather expected, the roof has fallen in on Colgate. That last drive was brutal ... the Bison basically walked through the Raider D line. Score 28-0. TOP now favors NDSU about 23 to 14 min.

Silvertip
Posts: 5555
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: Denver CO

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Silvertip » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:18 pm

NDSU is a dynasty...nobody in the FCS can touch them. Ditto for all but about the top dozen in the FBS.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" M. Twain

braves84
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by braves84 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:32 pm

T.j. hall is a stud, all over the field. would start for the bison or Montana no question.

bigkid
eGriz Club
Posts: 1831
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 am

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by bigkid » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Unless your a bison fan why watch. Outcome is known a week in advance.

User avatar
Griz2k
eGriz Club
Posts: 3062
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:28 pm
Location: Missoula
Contact:

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Griz2k » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:46 pm

Colgate only gave up 49 points to FCS teams all year. Have given up 35 today alone.

Not a Griz fan
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: Whitefish,MT

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Not a Griz fan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:50 pm

If South Dakota St. wins the Bison will have a tough game on their hands. Those two teams know each other well and hate each other as bad as MT, MTST do.

Ursus1
eGriz Club
Posts: 3913
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:57 am

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Ursus1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Bison will keep on winning titles unless they move up, or have numerous key injuries in the same year. They are a machine

User avatar
BDizzle
eGriz Club
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:16 am
Location: Billings

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by BDizzle » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:00 pm

I sit here wondering, how the hell is NDSU so dominant? Seriously the number 1 defense didn’t even stand a chance against them. I could see a few years of great recruits. But this team is a damn factory. How are any teams going to compete in the near future? And what do they do that makes them so special?
aka BHaf
Image

grizindabox
eGriz Club
Posts: 13583
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 10:54 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by grizindabox » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:06 pm

BDizzle wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:00 pm
I sit here wondering, how the hell is NDSU so dominant? Seriously the number 1 defense didn’t even stand a chance against them. I could see a few years of great recruits. But this team is a damn factory. How are any teams going to compete in the near future? And what do they do that makes them so special?
One of the biggest things is they own the trenches every game usually by a big margin.

reinell30
eGriz Club
Posts: 3339
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am
Location: Great Falls Mt

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by reinell30 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm

Remember when we man handled teams like NDSU? Damn I miss that and I want it back!

User avatar
BDizzle
eGriz Club
Posts: 3406
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:16 am
Location: Billings

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by BDizzle » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm

reinell30 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm
Remember when we man handled teams like NDSU? Damn I miss that and I want it back!
When was that? When they were D2?
aka BHaf
Image

Spanky2
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Spanky2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 pm

They beat us in Missoula when Div2. Don’t remember the year

Spanky2
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Spanky2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:30 pm

Bobby will build a team that will rival North Dakota State. Probably will take him another 5 years.

reinell30
eGriz Club
Posts: 3339
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:32 am
Location: Great Falls Mt

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by reinell30 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:30 pm

BDizzle wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm
reinell30 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm
Remember when we man handled teams like NDSU? Damn I miss that and I want it back!
When was that? When they were D2?
I am talking about how NDSU is so dominant. We were there for a while too and I want to be there again, soon! Dominant team. Not saying we were ever as dominant as NDSU, just a powerhouse.

Spanky2
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Colgate at NDSU Playoff Game

Post by Spanky2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:40 pm

We will be. We had many serious holes when Bobby took over. He is a great recruiter, but will take some years.

Post Reply