Army Navy Game

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
IdaGriz01

Re: Army Navy Game

Post by IdaGriz01 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:58 pm

Harm wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:43 pm
Whoa, back up '68... So you have no vested interest in young men or women who have a vested interest in you, have volunteered in fact, to possibly give the ultimate sacrifice for you,despite the fact they've never met you. That in itself should more than qualify for your apparently "Vaunted" interest... :x :oops:

I fully comprehend what you're really trying to articulate, however, this isnt like not caring about a game btwn say Memphis and UCF... these are the young men and women who stand out front, who volunteered during wartime, on the line btwn all Americans and the shitbag savages who want to do harm to innocent civilians such as yourself... I generally have no issues with your posts etc, however, ya fumbled it this...and I dont know about you, but I've had enough of any kind of fumbling this year!! 😏
Right on!

Hate to "pile on" and nothing particularly against '68. But Army-Navy, and the other games between service academies, are fundamentally different. Yes, they are "just" football players but -- as Soldier and others have noted -- these are young men who have put their asses on the line for everyone else in this country. That, oddly enough, even includes the Goddamn illegal immigrants who come here for a better life and/or a better job. Because of those young men and women, we have a country of both safety and opportunity. Not perfect, admittedly, but better than most anywhere else. (Have you looked at France lately?).

We never fail to at least look in on service academy games, and more so when it's two of them.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm

Whoa, back up '68... So you have no vested interest in young men or women who have a vested interest in you, have volunteered in fact, to possibly give the ultimate sacrifice for you,despite the fact they've never met you. That in itself should more than qualify for your apparently "Vaunted" interest... :x :oops:

I fully comprehend what you're really trying to articulate, however, this isnt like not caring about a game btwn say Memphis and UCF... these are the young men and women who stand out front, who volunteered during wartime, on the line btwn all Americans and the shitbag savages who want to do harm to innocent civilians such as yourself... I generally have no issues with your posts etc, however, ya fumbled it this...and I dont know about you, but I've had enough of any kind of fumbling this year!! 😏
:clap:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

Dillon

Post by Dillon » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:32 am

AZGrizFan wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm

:clap:
:clap: :clap: Go Army

SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

Post by SoldierGriz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am

Bump. The "March on" will be broadcast on CBSSports network starting around 11:15 mountain. Worth watching as both academies take turns marching into the field. It's very cool.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

Dillon

Post by Dillon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:52 am

SoldierGriz wrote: ↑
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am
Bump. The "March on" will be broadcast on CBSSports network starting around 11:15 mountain. Worth watching as both academies take turns marching into the field. It's very cool.
Also the regular CBS Network Channel.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:08 am

Some Missoula friends of mine, a couple whose husband played for the Griz, are leaving this morning for the game. I was talking with the wife last night at a function, and made sure Pres. Bodnar knew she was going. He was trying to persuade her to switch her allegiance from Navy to Army, but didn't seem to make much progress.

I love to watch the game on tv. Usually, catch at least part of it. Huge tradition. I wonder if the Academies learned to stand for the games, from the NEZ crowd. Rooting for Army, as our son is a former Army Ranger.

DuCharme

Post by DuCharme » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:08 am

Tough one for me. The man who raised me, served in both arms.

SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

Post by SoldierGriz » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Bump....let's get this party started...

FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

indian-outlaw

Post by indian-outlaw » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:58 pm

SoldierGriz wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:33 pm
Bump....let's get this party started...

I suppose I am rooting for Navy since I was an enlisted US Marine, but I could really care less for the academy boys.
I'll be watching the EWU v UCD game.
"If you get to thinking' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around" Will Rogers

bigskyguy

Post by bigskyguy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:12 pm

Go NAVY
"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." John Wayne
I’d rather be at a Griz game.

Eric_Shun

Post by Eric_Shun » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Holy Cow! Army can pass! 17 yards

Eric_Shun

Post by Eric_Shun » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:18 pm

TD Army! 7-0

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:19 pm

My Bozeman nephew, who is at West Point, is in the first row. He saw his former Hawk teammate and friend, who goes to Navy, at the pre-game activities.

Eric_Shun

Post by Eric_Shun » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Wow, quite the trick play for Navy - too bad it was under thrown

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Is that guy’s last name really Fagot? Yowza......
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

SoldierGriz
eGriz Club

Post by SoldierGriz » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:38 pm

It was a good game - as it always is.

6 months from now - the seniors will be commissioned into our Armed Forces charged with leading the less than 1% of our nation who choose to serve.

Love those guys.
FTc, FTv, FTmissoulian

MissoulaMarinerFan

Post by MissoulaMarinerFan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 pm

kemajic
eGriz Club

Post by kemajic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 pm

'68griz wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:25 pm
I fully understand your interest if you have a true connection to either the Army or the Navy. For the rest of us -- anyway for me -- it's a game I have never watched ... because, like many other games, I have no vested interest in either team.
Spoken like a true Missoula snowflake.
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson

argh!
eGriz Club

Post by argh! » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 am

kemajic wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 pm
I fully understand your interest if you have a true connection to either the Army or the Navy. For the rest of us -- anyway for me -- it's a game I have never watched ... because, like many other games, I have no vested interest in either team.
spoken like a true jackass.

gonna negatively comment on the marine who doesn't care, either?

kemajic
eGriz Club

Post by kemajic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:11 pm

argh! wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:06 am
kemajic wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:16 pm
spoken like a true jackass.

gonna negatively comment on the marine who doesn't care, either?
The stalker strikes again!
"I woke up still not dead again today." - Willie Nelson