R-E-L-A-X

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Griz1

R-E-L-A-X

Post by Griz1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 pm

Scott Frost went 6 and 7 in 2016 at the University of Central Florida and in 2017 he was 13 and 0. He moved to Nebraska and they are 0 and 6 right now. How would you feel if you were a Cornhusker fan? I would take him as a head coach in a minute and I am sure most Griz fans would too. We have a very good coach in Bobby Hauck and he will right the ship. He has previously said we were average this year with a few weaknesses to shore up. Because of the initial success that we had at the start of the season I would think most of us became overly optimistic. I know I did. A dash of reality has changed my attitude. I still think the future is bright but we are not there yet. Keep supporting this staff and the players. They do not need fickle, second guessing fans.

Ringneck

Re: R-E-L-A-X

Post by Ringneck » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:11 pm

I have several friends who are long-time Husker fans. Believe me, "relaxed" is hardly the mindset that fan base has right now.
"Fathers are alright and I'm not knocking them - since I'm one myself - but from a kid's point of view they spend entirely too much time at a thing called 'the office' or some other equally boring place of work." ~ Patrick F. McManus

uofmman1122
eGriz Club

Post by uofmman1122 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Ringneck wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:11 pm
I have several friends who are long-time Husker fans. Believe me, "relaxed" is hardly the mindset that fan base has right now.
:lol: :lol: Right?

I mean, we're in a rough spot, but let's not get carried away comparing us to...*gulp*...Nebraska. :lol:

mtgriz
eGriz Club

Post by mtgriz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Ringneck wrote:
My neighbor is a Husker alum and season ticket holder, even though he hasn’t lived in Nebraska for about 50 years. He has a Nebraska helmet instead of a gold ball at the top of his flagpole.

His Nebraska flag was flying half staff today.

timjayko

Post by timjayko » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Griz1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 pm
Scott Frost went 6 and 7 in 2016 at the University of Central Florida and in 2017 he was 13 and 0. He moved to Nebraska and they are 0 and 6 right now. How would you feel if you were a Cornhusker fan? I would take him as a head coach in a minute and I am sure most Griz fans would too. We have a very good coach in Bobby Hauck and he will right the ship. He has previously said we were average this year with a few weaknesses to shore up. Because of the initial success that we had at the start of the season I would think most of us became overly optimistic. I know I did. A dash of reality has changed my attitude. I still think the future is bright but we are not there yet. Keep supporting this staff and the players. They do not need fickle, second guessing fans.
This
"Drops wear down the stone. Not by strength... by constant falling."

George Ferguson
Former Name: havgrizfan

Post by George Ferguson » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:33 pm

And Nebraska will STILL sell out Memorial Stadium for the next home game. The streak will not die. Wash-Griz meanwhile. I doubt it. Sad but true

Bearcountry92

Post by Bearcountry92 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 pm

timjayko wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm
Griz1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:57 pm
This
I know I was surprised how fast we came out playing the first couple games. Was like damn I thought we were going to start out struggling.

Ringneck

Post by Ringneck » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:36 pm

mtgriz wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:25 pm
Ringneck wrote:
My neighbor is a Husker alum and season ticket holder, even though he hasn’t lived in Nebraska for about 50 years. He has a Nebraska helmet instead of a gold ball at the top of his flagpole.

His Nebraska flag was flying half staff today.
Oh geez, go tell him he just needs to R-E-L-A-X.
"Fathers are alright and I'm not knocking them - since I'm one myself - but from a kid's point of view they spend entirely too much time at a thing called 'the office' or some other equally boring place of work." ~ Patrick F. McManus