Post Game: Backs to the wall

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
User avatar
ordigger
eGriz Club
Posts: 4492
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:54 am
Location: Wandering

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by ordigger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Nice post Brint, one thing that I believe should be covered more is how flat this team has looked almost every game this season, at the beginning, and its getting worse each week. Seems odd that Hauck, a Montana guy, can't get this team up to play out of the gate.

Sam A. Blitz
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by Sam A. Blitz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:47 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:55 pm
argh! wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:35 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 pm
Fahque wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:02 pm


OK Prima Donna, no one said that either. They aren’t as bad as you make them sound either though.
So what position groups are above average for the BSC? Linebacker....
linebacker, receiver, running back (calhoun), qb (including the one who left), punter, return man, kicker (in terms of accuracy). the rest are at least average. this is not a no-talent team, as much as you want it to be.
Joke. Maybe backer. No, not receivers. Definitely not running backs. Jeez, did you watch the game today? UND had 3 great running backs today. Return men and kicker good, but no great returns today, one critical fumble by returner, and a missed FG today.

Team has talent, but there are holes. Just like Hauck has said publicly from the spring.

I agree that there is no excuse for the last 2 games, but don't think the blame is on the coaches for the fumbles.
I think we had better talent had LB, TE, and WR. We got punched in the mouth on both sides of the line. UND might have the best RB depth in the league. Not sure how good their DB's are, we couldn't throw down field...

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 22210
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:50 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:55 pm
argh! wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:35 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 pm
Fahque wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:02 pm


OK Prima Donna, no one said that either. They aren’t as bad as you make them sound either though.
So what position groups are above average for the BSC? Linebacker....
linebacker, receiver, running back (calhoun), qb (including the one who left), punter, return man, kicker (in terms of accuracy). the rest are at least average. this is not a no-talent team, as much as you want it to be.
Joke. Maybe backer. No, not receivers. Definitely not running backs. Jeez, did you watch the game today? UND had 3 great running backs today. Return men and kicker good, but no great returns today, one critical fumble by returner, and a missed FG today.

Team has talent, but there are holes. Just like Hauck has said publicly from the spring.

I agree that there is no excuse for the last 2 games, but don't think the blame is on the coaches for the fumbles.
We’ve made a lot of running backs look all-world this year. And receivers. And QB’s.

But Baer is the bomb.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

catattack
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:37 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by catattack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Ursus1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm


Again, it wasn’t Stitt who rated them 2 & 3*’s. It wasn’t Stitt who gave them multiple FBS offers. Very very few were complaining about the quality of his recruits WHEN he was recruiting them, just his fascination with WR’s.
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.
Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.
How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.

User avatar
uofmman1122
eGriz Club
Posts: 3557
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:13 pm
Location: Missoula

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by uofmman1122 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:46 pm

catattack wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.
Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.
How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.
Jesus, you guys won today, and yet you're still so desperate. :lol:

User avatar
griznative24
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Missoula

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by griznative24 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 pm

grizaremoregooder wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.
You could also say the coaches left a huge hole in the QB postition...

PlayerRep
Posts: 22550
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by PlayerRep » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:51 pm

griznative24 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 pm
grizaremoregooder wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.
You could also say the coaches left a huge hole in the QB postition...
My view is that UM has at least 2 qb's better than Jensen.
Last edited by PlayerRep on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fahque
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by Fahque » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:51 pm
griznative24 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 pm
grizaremoregooder wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.
You could also say the coaches left a huge hole in the QB postition...
My view is that UM has atlas 2 qb's better than Jensen.
No, just no

User avatar
RobGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 3541
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:39 pm
Location: Florence, Montana

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by RobGriz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:05 am

catattack wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.
Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.
How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.
Knowing Choate, he’ll probably move him to TE and let a LB play QB. :question:
I'd rather the GRIZ go 9-4 and be in the FCS playoff hunt every year than go 6-5 and get an invite to play in the Whoreallygivesashit.com bowl

User avatar
CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club
Posts: 15030
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: West Coast

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by CDAGRIZ » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:26 am

catattack wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.
Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.
How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.
Well, that won't be awesome at all. In fact, that sounds awful.

George Ferguson
Posts: 5901
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:35 pm
Location: Havre, MT
Former Name: havgrizfan

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by George Ferguson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:55 am

catattack wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
So

Once again, Stitt still evaluates recruits, and I would say on field results may show he did not do a very good job. Stars ultimately mean zero.
Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.
How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.
You mean the same guy that Bobcat Nation had THREE different threads on the College Football Forum last year absolutely trashing on? It took me 45 seconds to find threads asserting things like "Jensen sucks against good competition" "Jensen is a product of a pass-heavy offense" and "Jensen choked against us (Bobcats). NOW though, he's really good (Which I happen to believe he is btw). But when he played for the Griz your message board fan base literally tore him apart in the week leading up to Cat-Griz, and even worse after the game is over. Don't believe me? Do a search on the college football forum from last year over there. SMH

User avatar
Catsrback76
Posts: 1428
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:51 pm
Location: O.K. Corral

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by Catsrback76 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 am

George Ferguson wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:55 am
catattack wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm


Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.
How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.
You mean the same guy that Bobcat Nation had THREE different threads on the College Football Forum last year absolutely trashing on? It took me 45 seconds to find threads asserting things like "Jensen sucks against good competition" "Jensen is a product of a pass-heavy offense" and "Jensen choked against us (Bobcats). NOW though, he's really good (Which I happen to believe he is btw). But when he played for the Griz your message board fan base literally tore him apart in the week leading up to Cat-Griz, and even worse after the game is over. Don't believe me? Do a search on the college football forum from last year over there. SMH
Hey George, have you EVER been through a Cat-griz week before??? 8-)
"I'm your huckleberry..."

grzz
eGriz Club
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:55 pm
Location: Missoula, MT

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by grzz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:51 pm
griznative24 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 pm
grizaremoregooder wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.
You could also say the coaches left a huge hole in the QB postition...
My view is that UM has atlas 2 qb's better than Jensen.
To PR's credit, he is the only guy in this thread saying Jensen isn't all-conference good that was also saying it last year. His feelings on Jensen have been consistent, haha.

I don't agree, but we all get our own opinions.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 22210
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:08 am

RobGriz wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:05 am
catattack wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Ursus1 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm


Again, in hindsight. Well done. You get a gold star.

How'd that QB recruit he had that was one of the best freshmen in the country turn out? We wont know Bobby wanted the guy playing the last two weeks that cant throw a deep ball.
How awesome is it going to be when that “QB recruit that was one of the best freshman in the country” is standing next to Coach Ty wearing the blue and gold holding the Great Divide trophy in 2019 and 2020? Poor savior Bobby and Monte. At least you have Sneed.
Knowing Choate, he’ll probably move him to TE and let a LB play QB. :question:
Safety. Jensen was a safety. :lol:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
Walkon79
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: Nemont

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by Walkon79 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:11 am

[/quote]

The problem was not the talent on the field. UM had the better players, depth and athletes at every position except RB and OL in that game. Which makes me wonder where the issue may lie....
[/quote]

That's not the game I saw :o
Mixed Marriage

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 22210
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by AZGrizFan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:14 am

Walkon79 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:11 am
The problem was not the talent on the field. UM had the better players, depth and athletes at every position except RB and OL in that game. Which makes me wonder where the issue may lie....
[/quote]

That's not the game I saw :o
[/quote]

Me either.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

PlayerRep
Posts: 22550
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by PlayerRep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:29 am

grzz wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:51 pm
griznative24 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:50 pm
grizaremoregooder wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm
This team needs to recruit some talent. They were totally out classed today on the field. Stitt left this team with major holes.
You could also say the coaches left a huge hole in the QB postition...
My view is that UM has atlas 2 qb's better than Jensen.
To PR's credit, he is the only guy in this thread saying Jensen isn't all-conference good that was also saying it last year. His feelings on Jensen have been consistent, haha.

I don't agree, but we all get our own opinions.
How do you explain Sneed's better passing completion stats this year, compared to Jensen last year and Jensen this year? And Sneed's fewer interceptions this year, compared to Jensen last year (10 in 8.5 games)? Jensen doesn't have many interceptions this year (4 in 7 games). Note that 5 of Jensen's TD passes this year (12), came in the 2d to last game.

Sneed has 3 interceptions in 6 games, and 10 TD's. Phillip's completion percentage was over 70% last year. Jensen's was under 60%, as it is this year.

argh!
eGriz Club
Posts: 7019
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 2:20 pm

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by argh! » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:31 am

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:55 pm
argh! wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:35 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 pm
Fahque wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:02 pm


OK Prima Donna, no one said that either. They aren’t as bad as you make them sound either though.
So what position groups are above average for the BSC? Linebacker....
linebacker, receiver, running back (calhoun), qb (including the one who left), punter, return man, kicker (in terms of accuracy). the rest are at least average. this is not a no-talent team, as much as you want it to be.
Joke. Maybe backer. No, not receivers. Definitely not running backs. Jeez, did you watch the game today? UND had 3 great running backs today. Return men and kicker good, but no great returns today, one critical fumble by returner, and a missed FG today.

Team has talent, but there are holes. Just like Hauck has said publicly from the spring.

I agree that there is no excuse for the last 2 games, but don't think the blame is on the coaches for the fumbles.
he said above average, not good.

User avatar
twentythreeOh4
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 8:26 pm

Re: Post Game: Backs to the wall

Post by twentythreeOh4 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:58 pm

argh! wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:35 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 pm

So what position groups are above average for the BSC? Linebacker....
linebacker, receiver, running back (calhoun), qb (including the one who left), punter, return man, kicker (in terms of accuracy). the rest are at least average. this is not a no-talent team, as much as you want it to be.
I don't think the Griz are a no talent team, but I disagree with your assessment that UM is above average in so many areas. Is the receiving corp really above average? How come they've had so many critical drops and turnovers? I'd take the group Stitt inherited (Jamal Jones, Ellis Henderson, and Ben Roberts) over the current group. I think the receivers have potential, and hopefully will be better down the road, but right now they are not playing above average for the conference.

Also, you are wrong about the rest of the groups being at least average. The offensive line is not average, it's well below average and a glaring problem. The safety group was a disaster going into the season and had to be completely replaced.

Post Reply