Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Post Reply
User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 21592
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 pm

406grizfan4life wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:08 pm
PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:03 pm
Montana37 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:51 pm
IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:50 pm
If you ask me he should have started the 2nd half.
Exactly the lack of offense had gone on too long
Watching Sneed vs Humphrey, I can see Sneed was WAAAY too wound up. His short passes were a million miles an hour and his longer ones were just off the mark. He is quick to flush and has trouble hitting hot routes. He also doesn’t throw receivers open. Watching Humphrey, he doesn’t do any of that. His pocket presence is noticeably better than Sneed’s. He has more touch and throws his receivers open.

I don’t know... I’m seeing the downside of Sneed and it really isn’t pretty. I know he’s a gamer, but he shouldn’t get rattled and panicky as much as he does. I like his wheels, but he has no downfield ability. This let’s defenses key on the shorter passes and flood the quick routes. Humphrey gives the O the ability to stretch the field, making defenses pay for playing close to the line. He just seems to have more upside.
Agreed and spot on
Add that he never gets past his first read and he’s made up his mind who he’s throwing it to before the ball is even snapped, regardless of coverage.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 21592
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:58 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:54 pm
ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:45 pm
Glad I can watch this on Pluto!

Man, if there are kids still on this team that don’t want to buy in then sit there ass and let them either quit now or transfer out. Don’t let them on the filed to play half hearted.

Call me a bad fan for it then! I have been a diehard Griz fan since the late 80’s and this by far is the worst Griz performance. I can only imagine that Hauck is ready to blow a gasket. Some of these kids have quit plain and simple.
I don't think the kids quit today. If they quit, why did we win the second half 14-7. To me, it was the opposite of quit.
We won the 4th quarter 14-7 because we were playing our 1’s against UND’s 2’s.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

PlayerRep
Posts: 21663
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by PlayerRep » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Eric_Shun wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:47 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:41 pm
Fahque wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:33 pm
Eric_Shun wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:32 pm
I don't care if you're a moderator...Player Rep - you're an ass*** and a douce….no one cares about you so the fact that you get to moderate is disturbing
I don’t think Player is a moderator
I see that Eric S posted that he hadn't been to Missoula since 1991. He may be a bit out of touch. Ya think?
No, I've been back many times...are you a cuck?....
Why did you post this then?

"Eric_Shun

Colt Anderson - Sports Bars - Gone from Missoula for many years

Post by Eric_Shun » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:21 pm
I'm gonna ramble here and I don't mean to. I haven't been to Missoula since about 1991."

PlayerRep
Posts: 21663
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by PlayerRep » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:00 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:58 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:54 pm
ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:45 pm
Glad I can watch this on Pluto!

Man, if there are kids still on this team that don’t want to buy in then sit there ass and let them either quit now or transfer out. Don’t let them on the filed to play half hearted.

Call me a bad fan for it then! I have been a diehard Griz fan since the late 80’s and this by far is the worst Griz performance. I can only imagine that Hauck is ready to blow a gasket. Some of these kids have quit plain and simple.
I don't think the kids quit today. If they quit, why did we win the second half 14-7. To me, it was the opposite of quit.
We won the 4th quarter 14-7 because we were playing our 1’s against UND’s 2’s.
Not true. UND had its first team in until well into the 4th quarter. And, Cam Humphrey is not our first team QB.

Colter_Nuanez56
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:31 am
Location: skylinesportsmt.com
Contact:

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by Colter_Nuanez56 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Gamer from Andrew Houghton..
North Dakota rips Montana in Grand Forks, 41-14
https://skylinesportsmt.com/north-dakot ... rks-41-14/
TWITTER:@Skylinesportsmt
FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/skylinesportsmt1
BIG SKY BREAKDOWN ON ITUNES
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/big ... 1131856462
SUBSCRIBE TO SKYLINE SPORTS
https://skylinesportsmt.com/subscriptions/

PDXGrizzly
eGriz Club
Posts: 1911
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 am

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by PDXGrizzly » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:06 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:52 pm
PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:03 pm
Montana37 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:51 pm
IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:50 pm
If you ask me he should have started the 2nd half.
Exactly the lack of offense had gone on too long
Watching Sneed vs Humphrey, I can see Sneed was WAAAY too wound up. His short passes were a million miles an hour and his longer ones were just off the mark. He is quick to flush and has trouble hitting hot routes. He also doesn’t throw receivers open. Watching Humphrey, he doesn’t do any of that. His pocket presence is noticeably better than Sneed’s. He has more touch and throws his receivers open.

I don’t know... I’m seeing the downside of Sneed and it really isn’t pretty. I know he’s a gamer, but he shouldn’t get rattled and panicky as much as he does. I like his wheels, but he has no downfield ability. This let’s defenses key on the shorter passes and flood the quick routes. Humphrey gives the O the ability to stretch the field, making defenses pay for playing close to the line. He just seems to have more upside.
Sneed was still 25-38 and had a better completion percentage than Humphrey. Sneed didn't lose this game. One bad early throw/pick, but the next couple fumbles were the killers.
I get what you are saying, but stats don’t tell the whole story. I stand by my comment about his downfield passing game as well at his issues with touch.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 21592
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:00 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:58 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:54 pm
ORGUNGRIZ wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:45 pm
Glad I can watch this on Pluto!

Man, if there are kids still on this team that don’t want to buy in then sit there ass and let them either quit now or transfer out. Don’t let them on the filed to play half hearted.

Call me a bad fan for it then! I have been a diehard Griz fan since the late 80’s and this by far is the worst Griz performance. I can only imagine that Hauck is ready to blow a gasket. Some of these kids have quit plain and simple.
I don't think the kids quit today. If they quit, why did we win the second half 14-7. To me, it was the opposite of quit.
We won the 4th quarter 14-7 because we were playing our 1’s against UND’s 2’s.
Not true. UND had its first team in until well into the 4th quarter. And, Cam Humphrey is not our first team QB.
No, but he should be.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

poorgriz
Posts: 3040
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:11 pm

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by poorgriz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Those two losses in a row are going to be damaging. It's going to be very tough for your team to come back from that. I pegged you for 6-5 and that might still happen.
Bobby Hauck is God. He's not a God... he's the God.

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 21592
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:28 pm

poorgriz wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm
Those two losses in a row are going to be damaging. It's going to be very tough for your team to come back from that. I pegged you for 6-5 and that might still happen.
Right now I’d kill for 6-5. :lol: 5-6 is more likely.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

User avatar
IdahoGrizFan
Posts: 1329
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:33 pm
Location: Spokane Valley, WA

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by IdahoGrizFan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm

PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:06 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:52 pm
PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:03 pm
Montana37 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:51 pm


Exactly the lack of offense had gone on too long
Watching Sneed vs Humphrey, I can see Sneed was WAAAY too wound up. His short passes were a million miles an hour and his longer ones were just off the mark. He is quick to flush and has trouble hitting hot routes. He also doesn’t throw receivers open. Watching Humphrey, he doesn’t do any of that. His pocket presence is noticeably better than Sneed’s. He has more touch and throws his receivers open.

I don’t know... I’m seeing the downside of Sneed and it really isn’t pretty. I know he’s a gamer, but he shouldn’t get rattled and panicky as much as he does. I like his wheels, but he has no downfield ability. This let’s defenses key on the shorter passes and flood the quick routes. Humphrey gives the O the ability to stretch the field, making defenses pay for playing close to the line. He just seems to have more upside.
Sneed was still 25-38 and had a better completion percentage than Humphrey. Sneed didn't lose this game. One bad early throw/pick, but the next couple fumbles were the killers.
I get what you are saying, but stats don’t tell the whole story. I stand by my comment about his downfield passing game as well at his issues with touch.
25/38 but only 200 yards. That is 8 yards per catch. A lot of short passes as I said before.
I live way to close to that stupid red field at EWU... Just saying...

User avatar
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club
Posts: 21592
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:34 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 pm

IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:06 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:52 pm
PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:03 pm


Watching Sneed vs Humphrey, I can see Sneed was WAAAY too wound up. His short passes were a million miles an hour and his longer ones were just off the mark. He is quick to flush and has trouble hitting hot routes. He also doesn’t throw receivers open. Watching Humphrey, he doesn’t do any of that. His pocket presence is noticeably better than Sneed’s. He has more touch and throws his receivers open.

I don’t know... I’m seeing the downside of Sneed and it really isn’t pretty. I know he’s a gamer, but he shouldn’t get rattled and panicky as much as he does. I like his wheels, but he has no downfield ability. This let’s defenses key on the shorter passes and flood the quick routes. Humphrey gives the O the ability to stretch the field, making defenses pay for playing close to the line. He just seems to have more upside.
Sneed was still 25-38 and had a better completion percentage than Humphrey. Sneed didn't lose this game. One bad early throw/pick, but the next couple fumbles were the killers.
I get what you are saying, but stats don’t tell the whole story. I stand by my comment about his downfield passing game as well at his issues with touch.
25/38 but only 200 yards. That is 8 yards per catch. A lot of short passes as I said before.
He lost me when he threw a pass to JLM behind the LOS when it was 3rd & 10. f*** that shit. That play should be removed from the playbook.
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

'68griz
Posts: 9934
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:52 pm
Location: Missoula

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by '68griz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:55 pm

poorgriz wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:26 pm
Those two losses in a row are going to be damaging. It's going to be very tough for your team to come back from that. I pegged you for 6-5 and that might still happen.
And it may well be 5-6.

User avatar
fanofzoo
Posts: 3064
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:08 am
Location: missoula

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by fanofzoo » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 pm
IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:06 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:52 pm


Sneed was still 25-38 and had a better completion percentage than Humphrey. Sneed didn't lose this game. One bad early throw/pick, but the next couple fumbles were the killers.
I get what you are saying, but stats don’t tell the whole story. I stand by my comment about his downfield passing game as well at his issues with touch.
25/38 but only 200 yards. That is 8 yards per catch. A lot of short passes as I said before.
He lost me when he threw a pass to JLM behind the LOS when it was 3rd & 10. f*** that shit. That play should be removed from the playbook.
Adam's St. job still open?

User avatar
ordigger
eGriz Club
Posts: 4352
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:54 am
Location: Wandering

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by ordigger » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:54 pm

fanofzoo wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 pm
IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm
PDXGrizzly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:06 pm


I get what you are saying, but stats don’t tell the whole story. I stand by my comment about his downfield passing game as well at his issues with touch.
25/38 but only 200 yards. That is 8 yards per catch. A lot of short passes as I said before.
He lost me when he threw a pass to JLM behind the LOS when it was 3rd & 10. f*** that shit. That play should be removed from the playbook.
Adam's St. job still open?
They are 4-3 this year, vs 5-7 last year. They have improved since Rosey left. Former EWU QB Josh Blankenship is the HC

User avatar
fanofzoo
Posts: 3064
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:08 am
Location: missoula

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by fanofzoo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:58 am

ordigger wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:54 pm
fanofzoo wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 pm
IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm


25/38 but only 200 yards. That is 8 yards per catch. A lot of short passes as I said before.
He lost me when he threw a pass to JLM behind the LOS when it was 3rd & 10. f*** that shit. That play should be removed from the playbook.
Adam's St. job still open?
They are 4-3 this year, vs 5-7 last year. They have improved since Rosey left. Former EWU QB Josh Blankenship is the HC
Ouch for us, good for them.

User avatar
ordigger
eGriz Club
Posts: 4352
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:54 am
Location: Wandering

Re: Unofficial Griz vs Sioux Game Day Thread

Post by ordigger » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:05 am

ordigger wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:54 pm
fanofzoo wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 pm
IdahoGrizFan wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm


25/38 but only 200 yards. That is 8 yards per catch. A lot of short passes as I said before.
He lost me when he threw a pass to JLM behind the LOS when it was 3rd & 10. f*** that shit. That play should be removed from the playbook.
Adam's St. job still open?
They are 4-3 this year, vs 4-7 last year. They have improved since Rosey left. Former EWU QB Josh Blankenship is the HC

Post Reply