Iraqigriz...

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
bigtyme

Iraqigriz...

Post by bigtyme » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Hey all, most probably have no idea about Iraqigriz, but that was my handle before bigtyme. Been here since the early days and when this site actually was mostly football and less nonsense. There was some great dialogue about football and life in general. My best memory was from a group of people who organized a barbecue in Polson to support me and my fellow troops while I was deployed. In fact, a beautiful handmade quilt still is hung at my home that was given to me on that day! We ended up being able to watch the Griz play in the natty that year because AFN came through on a request to broadcast the game. That was 14 years ago...

How times change but stay the same. I find myself and a MTARNG unit I support in Afghanistan many years later. The things that have changed over here are the communication/internet access, Egriz (a lot of garbage, not much football), and a not so dominant football team is attempting to make a comeback.

My hope is that as camp starts and people start preparing for a fun fall that you take a minute to appreciate the many wonderful blessings in your lives and know that there are Griz fans across the world who will be once again doing all we can to keep up on camp and the season as football is a tie that binds us to Montana! The season is a benchmark that will help many of us get where it is we want to be--at home in Montana and sitting in Washington Grizzly Stadium to see some dominant Griz Football. Take care all! Go Griz!

Richard Cranium

Re: Iraqigriz...

Post by Richard Cranium » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:42 pm

Thank you for your service! It is men and women like you, that always left my eyes moist after the National Anthem is played. My son did 2 tours and lost 4 friends in Iraq. I’m glad you made it home alive and hope you are doing well. Go Griz!!!!
In this world theres 2 types of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig......you dig! Clint Eastwood ( the Good the Bad and the Ugly )

VictorG
eGriz Club

Post by VictorG » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:25 pm

Thank you for your service. I'll tell my wife you still like the quilt!!

grizeyes
eGriz Club

Post by grizeyes » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:26 pm

bigtyme wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:18 pm
Hey all, most probably have no idea about Iraqigriz, but that was my handle before bigtyme. Been here since the early days and when this site actually was mostly football and less nonsense. There was some great dialogue about football and life in general. My best memory was from a group of people who organized a barbecue in Polson to support me and my fellow troops while I was deployed. In fact, a beautiful handmade quilt still is hung at my home that was given to me on that day! We ended up being able to watch the Griz play in the natty that year because AFN came through on a request to broadcast the game. That was 14 years ago...

How times change but stay the same. I find myself and a MTARNG unit I support in Afghanistan many years later. The things that have changed over here are the communication/internet access, Egriz (a lot of garbage, not much football), and a not so dominant football team is attempting to make a comeback.

My hope is that as camp starts and people start preparing for a fun fall that you take a minute to appreciate the many wonderful blessings in your lives and know that there are Griz fans across the world who will be once again doing all we can to keep up on camp and the season as football is a tie that binds us to Montana! The season is a benchmark that will help many of us get where it is we want to be--at home in Montana and sitting in Washington Grizzly Stadium to see some dominant Griz Football. Take care all! Go Griz!
Well said. Well done. Thank You!

Go Griz!
"A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature that has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Thanks for your service!
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Post by HookedonGriz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:39 pm

Thank you for your service. Go Griz!

bigtyme

Post by bigtyme » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:44 pm

VictorG wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:25 pm
Thank you for your service. I'll tell my wife you still like the quilt!!
Absolutely! Thank you VictorG! I hope you are well!

Dillon

Post by Dillon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:11 am

Thanks to all who have worn the uniform!

4theluvofgriz
Banned

Post by 4theluvofgriz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks to you and all who put your life on the line to protect the greatest country in the world...... even those who would change it to mirror the not-so-great countries of the world.

DuCharme

Post by DuCharme » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:57 am

Thank you for your service. And this message today, thank you. Taking it all for granted happens every day.

grizfan95

Post by grizfan95 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:21 am

Thank you for your service and go Griz!
Griz O-lineman Jon Opperud when asked what it was like to play in the 2011 Cat-Griz game: "We're 22-4 against them in the last 26 years... I wouldn't really call that a rivalry."

MikeyGriz

Post by MikeyGriz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 am

Freedom is not free. Thank you for your service. You are my hero.