• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Worst FCS Stadium

GoApps70

Since the question was asked in another topic about the best stadium....
What school has the WORST stadium in the FCS? (on campus or owned by the school I guess)

given the overall 'atmosphere', isu is hands down the worst place to watch football in the big sky. i'd rather watch games at lima high school.

Paytonlives said:
Preoticmrnnslvr said:
Idaho State has got to be in there somewhere.

As bad as ISU is... Eastern Washington is a glorified High School Stadium
As is South Dakota State's. They actually share theirs with Brookings HS.

In terms of quality, ISU is the worst:

- Crappy platic bucket seats that are different bright colors in each section

- Built in 1970 it's the oldest college dome stadium, 2nd oldest football stadium still standing

- When built they must've not realized that people need to walk down the seating aisles. When you sit in the seats your shins touch the back of the seats in front of you. If someone needs to get up and walk past you, your choices are to stand on your seat, or have the whole aisle get up and stand in the steps to clear the way

- It's got crappy old astroturf

- The dome arches with the field, so as is arcs downwards toward each endzone they have the goal posts hanging from the ceilings. there's nets at the top of the goal post so when the ball hits the ceiling the refs can determine if the kick is good or not.

- Their ticket office will move you at their discretion, just because you're a visiting team fan

- The team benches are tucked in what seems similar to a run-in shelter. The seats stick out over the team benches a little bit.

- I will give them credit for their giant American flag, that's pretty cool. And it's a big stadium, holds 12,000 (big by FCS standards). It's not the "worst" in all of FCS, but it's probably the worst in the Big Sky in terms of overall quality.

Holt Arena in Pocatello is easily the worst stadium I've ever been in. Don't think I'll go back again.

GoApps70 said:
What school has the WORST stadium in the FCS? (on campus or owned by the school I guess)

The key word is "the WORST stadium in the FCS?"...NOT the BSC! Having been in every "stadium" in the conference but two and having scanned many of the FCS facilities posted on e-griz, I found numerous ones were of the ancient erector set type, seating 3,500 to 5,000. For good or bad, the BSC is not typical of many of the FCS bottom feeder conferences where football is a non-scholarship after thought.

I've been in Div. III stadiums that were nicer than Holt Arena (not bigger or fancier, but definitely more comfortable).

Silvertip said:
GoApps70 said:

The key word is "the WORST stadium in the FCS?"...NOT the BSC! Having been in every "stadium" in the conference but two and having scanned many of the FCS facilities posted on e-griz, I found numerous ones were of the ancient erector set type, seating 3,500 to 5,000. For good or bad, the BSC is not typical of many of the FCS bottom feeder conferences where football is a non-scholarship after thought.

and here i thought you wuz a (self-proclaimed) sopicated fan capable of making more than surface evaluations? an asphalt parking lot in alaska would make for a better football stadium than holt arena. there is more to a football stadium being bad than what one can see in a picture on egriz.

Portland St. has to play in a baseball stadium ! It sucks for watching football, not fan friendly at all .

montanaguy said:
Dear App Fan,
Apparently you're not familiar with the Litter Box, S.E. of here??
a Mock up of how nice it will look when they get Lights! :roll:

3344900165_35b7f78f7f.jpg

Having not been to most FCS venues to experience the environment etc., this is my short list based mostly on pictures alone (in no order). A lot of FCS stadiums do not represent Div 1 very well in appearance at least.

1.) *PFL* / Jacksonville Dolphins / DB Milne Field - 5000 seats
No pics available

2.) *PFL* / Butler / The Butler Bowl / 2500 seats
Move.-Choir-3.JPG

3.) *NeC* / Albany / University Field / 5000 seats
football-field-arial.jpg

4.) *CAA* / Richmond / Richmond Stadium / 22000 seats
richmond_university1.jpg

5.) *BSouthC* / Charleston Southern / Buccaneer Field / 4000 seats
No pics available

6.) *BSC* / Eastern Washington / Woodward Field / 8600 seats
31862064_2e044bf0a5.jpg