• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Jews are being framed by the media/Hezbollah

ALPHAGRIZ1

Hezbollah last night pulled off getting another bunch of women and children killed and using them as pawns in their little PR show.

Kalm, Re/Max, GA, keep supporting these fine individuals that are also enemies to the USA. Hezbollah RULES!!

You guys sicken me.

I don't really care who is right or wrong anymore. I have picked the side of the Jews and I really can't say why other than they have took tons of money from us and have been a fairly reliable ally to the USA.

I just want one side to WIN, end it all at any cost. Kill all they send and they will stop coming. I think Mao said that. I really don't want to hear about the playground 1st grade BS on the news anymore. That's what I am really upset about....the news and they way it is being slanted to the make the Arabs look good.

One side deliberately targets civilians and the other tries to limit civilian casualities.....can you guess who is who?

axisvsallieds.jpg

Sounds like there is a conspiracy brewing on how the building came down...wonder if Charlie Sheen has any theories?

------------
IDF: 150 rockets fired from Qana at Israeli cities
Jerusalem Post and AP ^ | July 30, 2006 | YAAKOV KATZ

Some 150 rockets were fired from the Lebanese village of Qana over the past 20 days, Air Force Chief of Staff Brig.-Gen. Amir Eshel said on Sunday evening.

Speaking to reporters, Eshel added that Hizbullah rocket launchers were hidden in civilian buildings in the village. He proceeded to show video footage of rocket launchers being driven into the village following launches.

Eshel also pointed out that the building was hit sometime around midnight Saturday night and didn't collapse until about 8 a.m. Sunday morning, leaving an unusual gap in the timing of the events which the IDF was investigating.

"It's possible that inside the house, something or other was being stored that caused an explosion - something that we didn't succeed in blowing up in the [initial] attack and that perhaps was left over there," Eshel said. "I say this very cautiously, because I currently don't have the faintest idea what the explanation for this gap could be."

(Excerpt) Read more at jpost.com ...

Bronco said:
One side deliberately targets civilians and the other tries to limit civilian casualities.....can you guess who is who?

axisvsallieds.jpg

Great Photo Bronco!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am stealing that photo and getting shirts made with that on the back! That is awesome and so true.

I may however have an artist friend of mine put Re/max, Kalm, and GA on the left of the terrorists to pay homage of their support and crusade against the USA.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Bronco said:

axisvsallieds.jpg

I am stealing that photo and getting shirts made with that on the back! That is awesome and so true.

I may however have an artist friend of mine put Re/max, Kalm, and GA on the left of the terrorists to pay homage of their support and crusade against the USA.

Wow, Alphagriz, so taking the position that we don't belong in Iraq is a crusade against the USA, is it? Funny how two out of every three Americans are on what you call a crusade against the USA. Good thing only one out of three (like you) still have your heads in the sand with asses in the air, all in the name of this utterly nonsensical fiasco in Iraq that you claim is a vital and necessary war for America. When you're asked to provide a basis for your position, you just spout the same old line about how you "don't care why we're in Iraq" and how our jobs as Ameericans is to follow lock-step behind our President, no matter what. You would have made a good German citizen in 1934.

Well I was camping this weekend, so I missed the excitement! I did wear my "I support Hezbollah" and my "I hate America" T shirts the two days I was out... :lame:

I don't support Hezbollah, I hope Isreal's actions have sent a message to Lebanon to clean up their act and boot these terrorists out. I also do not support on ongoing invasion of Lebanon (don't think Israel does either) and hope that in the next couple of weeks Israel returns to their borders and Lebanon rebuilds the southern end of their country while making sure that Hezbollah will not control that region again.

I never am happy about the deaths of innocent people, regardless if they're the enemy or not.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Hezbollah last night pulled off getting another bunch of women and children killed and using them as pawns in their little PR show.

Kalm, Re/Max, GA, keep supporting these fine individuals that are also enemies to the USA. Hezbollah RULES!!

You guys sicken me.

I have seen actual photos of guys on AA guns in that city that was bombed by israel

also seen vid of rockets shooting out from that city as well

these terroist thugs have this nasty ol habbit of hiding amongst the civilians....

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Bronco said:

axisvsallieds.jpg

Dearest Alpha,

I'm terribly sorry my thread that probably agrees with 90% of your thoughts on the Israel/hizbollah situation and muslims in general happened to interupt your wargasm mid-stroke. :jack:

With each day it becomes more apparent that a very influential faction of the muslim world simply can't be reasoned with. I'm fearful they will only succumb to sheer force. The Israeli's know this. Yet, like Re/max, I too lament the loss of innocent life - especially the kids.

You must have some tremendously deep self-loathing to view american liberals in the same ilk as terrorists. I can see myself and GA, we're crusty old smart arses, but not Re/max - he's a good guy.

I just hope you conservatives don't want to cut and run from Iraq before the job is finished, just like you did in Afghanistan. :thumb:

Can anyone provide me with an actual example of the mainstream media reporting what's going on in Lebanon in a way that makes Hezbollah look good? That's the accusation that's being made here but I'm just not seeing it. I've seen plenty of reports that make Hezbollah look evil (e.g., the started this whole mess by kidnapping soldiers; they escalated it by firing rockets into Israel, and the Iranian gov't is concerned because they are close to Hezbollah, and the weakening of Hezbollah may serve to weaken its deterrent against Israel). I've also seen some reports that make Israel look less than perfect (e.g., the accidental bombing of the UN personnel), but I haven't seen anything that actually portrays Hezbollah in a positive way (which is the accusation Alpha made in this thread).

So -- sorry to be long-winded, but can anyone provide an example?

Thanks,

--GL

After the 1948 Arab-Israeli conflict, Lebanon became home to more than 110,000 Palestinian refugees from their homes in present day Israel. Starting in 1968, Palestinian groups in southern Lebanon raided northern Israel, and bombarded Israeli towns with katyusha rockets.

Secondly, Israel argued it could derail the establishment of a base of operations for the PLO, from which they could mount assaults in the international arena such as the 26 December 1968 attack on an Israeli civilian airliner in Athens.

Another reason given for the invasion was as an intervention in the ongoing Lebanese Civil War to counteract Syrian influences in Lebanon, and possibly enable the establishment of a stable Lebanese leadership from the Christian population, which would strengthen a central Lebanese Army, restore security and agree to diplomatic relations with Israel.

According to former chief of Israeli military intelligence Yehoshafat Harkabi, the 1982 invasion of Lebanon was accompanied by deceit at the highest political levels. Harkarbi cites misleading statements to the cabinet by Ariel Sharon and Begin, inaccurate announcements by Israel's military spokesmen and the Likud government's gross exaggeration of terrorist acts conducted from Lebanon. Defence Minister Rabin admitted in the Knesset that during the eleven-month ceasefire preceding the war, Israel's northern settlements had been attacked only twice and that during this period Israel had suffered a total of two killed and six wounded from terrorist attacks.

It is estimated that around 17,825 Arabs were killed during the war. There are different estimates of the proportion of civilians killed. Beirut newspaper An Nahar estimated that 5,515 people, military and civilian, were killed in the Beirut area during the conflict, and 9,797 military personnel (PLO, Hezbollah, Syrian, and others) and 2,513 civilians were killed outside of the Beirut area.[6] Approximately 675 Israeli soldiers were killed.

Who are Hezbollah?

By Kathryn Westcott
BBC News Online

Hezbollah - or Party of God - emerged in Lebanon in the early 1980s and became the region's leading radical Islamic movement, determined to drive Israeli troops from Lebanon.

In May 2000 - due partly to the success of the party's military arm - one of its main aims was achieved. Israel's battered and bruised army was forced to end its two-decade occupation of the south.

Hezbollah now serves as an inspiration to Palestinian factions fighting to liberate occupied territory.

Palestinian demonstrators
Hezbollah has embraced the Palestinian cause
The party, in turn, has embraced the Palestinian cause and has said publicly that it is ready to open a second front against Israel in support of the intifada.

Hezbollah was conceived in 1982 by a group of clerics after the Israeli invasion of Lebanon. It was formed primarily to offer resistance to the Israeli occupation.

Inspired by the success of the Iranian Revolution, the party also dreamt of transforming Lebanon's multi-confessional state into an Iranian-style Islamic state. Although this idea was abandoned and the party today is a well-structured political organisation with members of parliament.

Terror

Hezbollah's political rhetoric has centred on calls for the destruction of the state of Israel. Its definition of Israeli occupation has also encompassed the idea that the whole of Palestine is occupied Muslim land and it has argued that Israel has no right to exist.

The party was long supported by Iran, which provided it with arms and money.

In its early days, Hezbollah was close to a contingent of some 2000 Iranian Revolutionary guards, based in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley, which had been sent to Lebanon in 1982 to aid the resistance against Israel.

As Hezbollah escalated its guerrilla attacks on Israeli targets in southern Lebanon, its military aid from Iran increased.

The movement also adopted the tactic of taking Western hostages, through a number of freelance hostage taking cells: The Revolutionary Justice Organisation and the Organisation of the Oppressed Earth, which seized Terry Waite.

For many years, Hezbollah was synonymous with terror, suicide bombings and kidnappings. In 1983, militants who went on to join Hezbollah ranks carried out a suicide bombing attack that killed 241 US marines in Beirut.

Passionate and demanding

The party has operated with neighbouring Syria's blessing - with the guerrilla war against being a card for Damascus to play in its own confrontation with Israel over the occupation of the Golan Heights.

Over the two decades, Hezbollah evolved into a movement with thousands of trained guerrillas, members of parliament and a dynamic welfare programme benefiting thousands of Lebanese.

Hezbollah proved to be a formidable fighting force
It was passionate, demanding of its members and devoted to furthering an Islamic way of life.

In the early days, its leaders imposed strict codes of Islamic behaviour on towns and villages in the south - a move that was not universally popular with the region's citizens.

But, despite the early history of coercion, the party emphasises that its Islamic vision should not be interpreted as an intention to impose an Islamic society on the Lebanese.

Political moves

In recent years, Hezbollah has won considerable backing within Lebanon. Its social services programme was popular with the Shia community.

The group's successful hit-and-run guerrilla war on Israel's much-vaunted army assured it some support and a lot or respect from other religious communities.

While, the US listed the group as a terrorist organisation, the government in Beirut declared it a national resistance movement.

Its popularity with the Shia community - which makes up almost 40% of Lebanon's three million people - was confirmed in the 1992 parliamentary elections when Hezbollah led a successful campaign and won eight seats in parliament.

But it is not popular with all of Lebanon's different communities - the Christians, for example, have accuse it of trying to destabilise the country.

Bronco,

I believe we (or whoever believes in upholding it) should adhere to the Geneva convention because of the very fact that many of their opponents do not. It's a code of conduct (of sorts) that proves those who respect and uphold it are striving for a better standard and fight with those better ideals.

The very fact that we do not stoop to Al Quaida's or Hezbollah's level is one way of proving/showing we are not on their level.

Grizlaw said:
Can anyone provide me with an actual example of the mainstream media reporting what's going on in Lebanon in a way that makes Hezbollah look good? That's the accusation that's being made here but I'm just not seeing it. I've seen plenty of reports that make Hezbollah look evil (e.g., the started this whole mess by kidnapping soldiers; they escalated it by firing rockets into Israel, and the Iranian gov't is concerned because they are close to Hezbollah, and the weakening of Hezbollah may serve to weaken its deterrent against Israel). I've also seen some reports that make Israel look less than perfect (e.g., the accidental bombing of the UN personnel), but I haven't seen anything that actually portrays Hezbollah in a positive way (which is the accusation Alpha made in this thread).

So -- sorry to be long-winded, but can anyone provide an example?

Thanks,

--GL

So true. There's no pro-terrorist newspaper in mainstream America, but if Republicans can get their base to believe there is, then there's probably never going to be another "watergate" style takedown of an administration ever again. If the Post wrote that story today, Republican base would tune into the homerish Fox News to tell them if it was really true and there would be a bevy of talking heads form the administration to make sure word got out that it was jus the lefty media at it again.
It's like Bill O'Really? chastising the New York Times editorial board for "sitting out" the latest Isreali war in order to appease the Time's "Jewish base." Oh that Evil, Evil times and those terrible Jews. People actually beleive this stuff.
But if you read the Times, you see that hardly a day has gone by in the last two weeks that it hasn't written about Isreal's war. It makes O'Really? look like a real nut job. But O'Really's audience is more likely to take the pundits word for it than find out for themselves.
I used to love old fashoined Republican skeptcizm of the Government. It was a real sign of their independence as thinkers and individuals. But those days are long gone. Now they fear what their told to fear and hate what they're told to hate. Now at sunrise and sundown they more or less bow toward Washington DC and chant whatever comes over the loudspeaker in the public square.

Here it is. Just heard the Israeli Amb. to the US, state: The difference is, we grieve for every Lebonese child that is killed, Hezbo, Hamas, Syria, Iran, Palastinians and all the radical muslems celebrate when an Israeli child is killed.

If you don't think this is true, you have been asleep for 50 years.

Which side do you want to take. And don't think we don't have to.

Did someone say that isn't true, it's more proof that we're the better people/soceity, we (for the most part) regret the loss of the innocent opposition/enemy while some countries cheer the deaths of their opposition.

Back