• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hermanson at Safety?

Greenacres Griz

Hermanson may be the most physically limited safety I have seen play for the griz in the last 15 years. We have got to find a way to recruit better athletes at that position. He hurts us in every game by giving up a big play. I have no doubt that he is a great kid and has alot of heart but he lacks the size & speed to play at this level.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
You guys are wrong

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wrong? Almost 300 yards of passing in the first 20 minutes of the game and 90% of the throws to Hermansons man.

Technically he was only out of position once that I saw on the dennard toast TD.

He was in pretty good position on all the others he just got beat by a guy that is bigger and faster than he is. Kudos to the UND finding the single coverage and being a real QB that can throw accurately.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Technically he was only out of position once that I saw on the dennard toast TD.

He was in pretty good position on all the others he just got beat by a guy that is bigger and faster than he is. Kudos to the UND finding the single coverage and being a real QB that can throw accurately.

Not true. He was too shallow and too far left on the first td, which allowed the receiver to cut back on him on the route. On the Dennard play, he again got too shallow and too far right and allowed the receiver to get behind him on a post route. The safety is supposed to stop the post route, especially on a wide receiver being covered by a corner. On one down the middle, he was too shallow and couldn't recover and elevate as he tried to catch up.

I like Hermey. He has alot of talent and potential. Seems to be in sophomore slump. Also just coming back from an injury. That receiver is very good too.

Wrong the only time he wasnt deep enough he was on the dennard toast td. Other than that if you were here you would know that.

soooo.....what yer saying is he is in position...just can't make the play. So he knows where to be but just sucks

CV Griz Fan said:
What happened to Hermanson being sn NFL prospect? LOL. Egriz sure turns on their favorites quickly.
Please post one instance of any credible poster saying Hermanson was an NFL prospect.

It never happened.

CV Griz Fan said:
What happened to Hermanson being sn NFL prospect? LOL. Egriz sure turns on their favorites quickly.
Please post one instance of any credible poster saying Hermanson was an NFL prospect.

It never happened.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
CV Griz Fan said:

It never happened.

I am not saying that it was a "credible" poster but the comments of Hermy being " the next Montana safety in the NFL" were on the Egriz board this summer. Heck, Brint mentioned him as a potential All Conference player. My question would be did he under achieve this year or is he just not as talented as was previously thought? Either way, he hasn't lived up to the hype. Not even close.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
CV Griz Fan said:

It never happened.

I am not saying that it was a "credible" poster but the comments of Hermy being " the next Montana safety in the NFL" were on the Egriz board this summer. Heck, Brint mentioned him as a potential All Conference player. My question would be did he under achieve this year or is he just not as talented as was previously thought? Either way, he hasn't lived up to the hype. Not even close.

He is to slow and lacks the fundametal of tackling........looked lost as most of the defense did.

Back