Hermanson at Safety?

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
Greenacres Griz

Hermanson at Safety?

Post by Greenacres Griz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Hermanson may be the most physically limited safety I have seen play for the griz in the last 15 years. We have got to find a way to recruit better athletes at that position. He hurts us in every game by giving up a big play. I have no doubt that he is a great kid and has alot of heart but he lacks the size & speed to play at this level.

Richard Cranium

Re: Hermanson at Safety?

Post by Richard Cranium » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:18 pm

He is getting torched!
In this world theres 2 types of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig......you dig! Clint Eastwood ( the Good the Bad and the Ugly )

ALPHAGRIZ1
Banned

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:19 pm

You guys are wrong

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MrTitleist

Post by MrTitleist » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:31 pm

[insert safety name here] is getting torched [insert date of game].
ImageImageImageImageImage

wbtfg

Post by wbtfg » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Wow....gets burned again
“He has the physical ability, plus that intangible you can’t coach — leadership skill,” Reid said. “You can’t always find it. But you feel lucky when you find someone who has it. He has it all. He’s Dave Dickenson — one of greatest quarterbacks we’ve had here — in a bigger, stronger, more athletic body. That’s Travis Lulay.”

MTGriz87

Post by MTGriz87 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:43 pm

He looked so promising last year... must have had to do with being flanked by Roots and Tru

GrizPDX

Post by GrizPDX » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:43 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:You guys are wrong

Wrong? Almost 300 yards of passing in the first 20 minutes of the game and 90% of the throws to Hermansons man.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Banned

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Technically he was only out of position once that I saw on the dennard toast TD.

He was in pretty good position on all the others he just got beat by a guy that is bigger and faster than he is. Kudos to the UND finding the single coverage and being a real QB that can throw accurately.

PlayerRep

Post by PlayerRep » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:30 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Technically he was only out of position once that I saw on the dennard toast TD.

He was in pretty good position on all the others he just got beat by a guy that is bigger and faster than he is. Kudos to the UND finding the single coverage and being a real QB that can throw accurately.

Not true. He was too shallow and too far left on the first td, which allowed the receiver to cut back on him on the route. On the Dennard play, he again got too shallow and too far right and allowed the receiver to get behind him on a post route. The safety is supposed to stop the post route, especially on a wide receiver being covered by a corner. On one down the middle, he was too shallow and couldn't recover and elevate as he tried to catch up.

I like Hermey. He has alot of talent and potential. Seems to be in sophomore slump. Also just coming back from an injury. That receiver is very good too.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Banned

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Wrong the only time he wasnt deep enough he was on the dennard toast td. Other than that if you were here you would know that.

Grizbanker

Post by Grizbanker » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:21 pm

soooo.....what yer saying is he is in position...just can't make the play. So he knows where to be but just sucks

Grizbanker

Post by Grizbanker » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:45 pm

there goes hermy again...right there but makes sure the guy catches it...what a helper

CV Griz Fan

Post by CV Griz Fan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:57 pm

What happened to Hermanson being sn NFL prospect? LOL. Egriz sure turns on their favorites quickly.
"Baseball May Be America's Pastime But Football Is America's Passion". Howie Long from his HOF induction speech 2000.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Banned

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:00 pm

CV Griz Fan wrote:What happened to Hermanson being sn NFL prospect? LOL. Egriz sure turns on their favorites quickly.
Please post one instance of any credible poster saying Hermanson was an NFL prospect.

It never happened.

ALPHAGRIZ1
Banned

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:01 pm

CV Griz Fan wrote:What happened to Hermanson being sn NFL prospect? LOL. Egriz sure turns on their favorites quickly.
Please post one instance of any credible poster saying Hermanson was an NFL prospect.

It never happened.

CV Griz Fan

Post by CV Griz Fan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

It never happened.

I am not saying that it was a "credible" poster but the comments of Hermy being " the next Montana safety in the NFL" were on the Egriz board this summer. Heck, Brint mentioned him as a potential All Conference player. My question would be did he under achieve this year or is he just not as talented as was previously thought? Either way, he hasn't lived up to the hype. Not even close.
"Baseball May Be America's Pastime But Football Is America's Passion". Howie Long from his HOF induction speech 2000.

CV Griz Fan

Post by CV Griz Fan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:23 pm

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

It never happened.

I am not saying that it was a "credible" poster but the comments of Hermy being " the next Montana safety in the NFL" were on the Egriz board this summer. Heck, Brint mentioned him as a potential All Conference player. My question would be did he under achieve this year or is he just not as talented as was previously thought? Either way, he hasn't lived up to the hype. Not even close.

bigkid
eGriz Club

Post by bigkid » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:27 pm

He is to slow and lacks the fundametal of tackling........looked lost as most of the defense did.

rgrizfan

Post by rgrizfan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Tru went pro....

CV Griz Fan

Post by CV Griz Fan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:02 pm

rgrizfan wrote:
Tru went pro....
Touche'