• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What would you have done different?

Numerous ploice officers in Missoula say that TJ may have been one of the worst trouble making football players they can remember at UM. There were at least 3 other "incidents" that happened with Tru that most people (including Runs 2 Sniff Jocks) dont know about.

There is a reason that he has the gangsta thug reputation and it isnt just because he was from out of state its because hes a pretty big douchebag.

tnt said:
bisonboone11 said:
What is the story with the Saudi kid? Sorry, I'm a little out the loop on all of this.
The University followed the protocol in Title IX including having the victim contact the police. The police had the kid under "observation" whatever that was. In the meantime before they made an arrest he levt the country
Thanks. From some of the things I had read, it sounded like people felt like the University protected him somewhat. Had he assaulted a few women?

bisonboone11 said:
tnt said:
bisonboone11 said:
What is the story with the Saudi kid? Sorry, I'm a little out the loop on all of this.
The University followed the protocol in Title IX including having the victim contact the police. The police had the kid under "observation" whatever that was. In the meantime before they made an arrest he levt the country
Thanks. From some of the things I had read, it sounded like people felt like the University protected him somewhat. Had he assaulted a few women?

Apparently he had (but by the standards some here would apply he hadn't been arrested or convicted so was the victim of a witch hunt but then he wasn't a football player so who knows.) The university sent out a mass email/text to all students warning of the danger. At the time the kid left the country his status was EXACTLY that of JJ's - accused, under investigation, not charged and not arrested.

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
Numerous ploice officers in Missoula say that TJ may have been one of the worst trouble making football players they can remember at UM. There were at least 3 other "incidents" that happened with Tru that most people (including Runs 2 Sniff Jocks) dont know about.

There is a reason that he has the gangsta thug reputation and it isnt just because he was from out of state its because hes a pretty big douchebag.

Not true. Actually, the police who took Johnson after party/police incident told the university that he was a prefect gentleman. Remember, personal accountability applies to you too, and lying is not consistent with personal accountability.

tnt said:
bisonboone11 said:
tnt said:
bisonboone11 said:

Apparently he had (but by the standards some here would apply he hadn't been arrested or convicted so was the victim of a witch hunt but then he wasn't a football player so who knows.) The university sent out a mass email/text to all students warning of the danger.
Haha. Is being the "victim" of a witch hunt or a lynch mob worse?

PlayerRep said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

Not true. Actually, the police who took Johnson after party/police incident told the university that he was a prefect gentleman. Remember, personal accountability applies to you too, and lying is not consistent with personal accountability.

So was Ted Bundy when arrested.

getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
Okay, you say 3 or 4 games for Middleton's dui arrest. I disagree. One game seems right to me, which is what he got. Certainly not more than 2. A ticket for peeing isn't a big deal to me, but okay I'll put you down for 1 game for the 2 incidents. TJ didn't get in "trouble for gang banging at a frat". No charges at all. Apparently threw one punch; didn't kick the kid. This was from a witness who was there, and previously reported on the board. TJ was benched for 1.25 games, which is not a huge difference than 2.0.

I just defend some players, coaches and administrators on the internet--from people like you who provide false information or lie about them. If you and your ilk didn't lie so much about these guys, you wouldn't see as many of my posts.

the bolded is all you need to know about p.r. trouble to p.r., you see, only happens when the police get involved. the rest of the world knows, not just thinks, but knows, that trouble happens when kids take treats out of the pantry, when employees don't get their work done on time, when h.s. students show up for class late...you get my drift.

hauck, o'day, dennison, foley and by profession pflu all knew by t.j.'s own admission that he ganged up on a guy and broke his jaw. it doesn't matter that it's o.k. with the victim and his family, because its not o.k. with the u of m per its code of conduct. then he continued to get in trouble by getting multiple parking or traffic tickets and finally getting into it with the cops and getting tazed.

hauck, o'day, dennison, foley, and pflu did u of m, its fans, its players, tj and ultimately most likely themselves a disservice by not punishing him harsher.

So a "slight fracture in cheek bone" is a "broken jaw"? TJ probably admitted that he threw one punch, which followed an immediately prior incident in which the kid was after another guy who was with TJ/Swink. Again, according to an observer who was there at the time, TJ threw one punch and didn't kick anyone. That's hardly ganging up on anyone. See below quote from Missoulian. getgrizzy's version of the incident is a prime example of posters who post untrue things and outright lies.

"According to O'Day, UM officials followed protocol...."

"Bobby (Hauck) handled the thing like a pro, a gentleman, an honorable person."

"O'Day said Hauck went above and beyond what the university deemed necessary for punishment."

Here's the full quote:

"McCarthy was taken to the hospital for stitches and was found to have a slight fracture of his cheekbone. But he chose not to contact the police.

According to O'Day, UM officials followed protocol by looking into the incident and handling it internally. As per McCarthy's wishes, no incident report was filed at UM.

"It was resolved between them," said Grady's father, Kevin McCarthy of Missoula.

"It was an issue where there were two kids. They're friends now, that's the real irony. They're good kids that made a mistake. It was nothing that needed to be brought up and Bobby (Hauck) handled the thing like a pro, a gentleman, an honorable person."

Johnson and Swink were held out of Montana's Sept. 5 opener against Division II Western State and Hauck said they were "unavailable to compete" for disciplinary reasons. O'Day said Hauck went above and beyond what the university deemed necessary for punishment.

thanks for reinforcing what i just said. idiot. :lol: :clap: since it was a broken cheekbone and not a broken jaw, he didn't do anything wrong? wow, thanks columbo.

it isn't your code, it isn't o'day's code, it isn't the mccarthy's code. it's u of m's code. t.j. f'd up, and he f'd up again and after that they suspended him for one quarter. you're just going to have to learn to live with the fact that they didn't punish him accordingly.

Look, I caught you lying again. Show some personal accountability. Man up. I said nothing about whether the 2 players did anything wrong. Of course, they shouldn't have gotten involved in this situation. They had significant internal punishment, lost their starting spots in practice, had to apologize to the kid, and sat out a game. How much punishment does one deserve for throwing one punch, in defense of a friend?

i didn't realize middleton was suspended for the TN game. i thought he had a scheduling conflict (court date in WA) on that day?

garizzalies said:
i didn't realize middleton was suspended for the TN game. i thought he had a scheduling conflict (court date in WA) on that day?
"Scheduling conflict". That's a very polite way of saying court date. Haha.

PlayerRep said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:

HE was a perfect gentleman because after repeated incidents with the police he was starting to become friends with them. :roll: FACT is he skated on quite a few things that would have landed others in jail for the same offenses. I am not lying about what other officers have told me. Their words not mine.

Now run along Runs 2 Sniff Jocks, go back to your stick your head in the sand defense that you try to sell.............but most people dont buy.

garizzalies said:

That was his one-game suspension. Two birds with one stone.

garizzalies said:

PlaARAPE has so many lies going its hard to keep them straight.

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
garizzalies said:

Has it ever occured to you reading his posts that PR is playing with us? Some sarcasm is so dry it missed. The two for one deal was a pretty good hint.........

tnt said:
ALPHAGRIZ1 said:
garizzalies said:

Has it ever occured to you reading his posts that PR is playing with us? Some sarcasm is so dry it missed. The two for one deal was a pretty good hint.........

No....Im definitely not smart enough to understand the labyrinth that is PlayAR-APE.............

PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
PlayerRep said:
getgrizzy said:
the bolded is all you need to know about p.r. trouble to p.r., you see, only happens when the police get involved. the rest of the world knows, not just thinks, but knows, that trouble happens when kids take treats out of the pantry, when employees don't get their work done on time, when h.s. students show up for class late...you get my drift.

hauck, o'day, dennison, foley and by profession pflu all knew by t.j.'s own admission that he ganged up on a guy and broke his jaw. it doesn't matter that it's o.k. with the victim and his family, because its not o.k. with the u of m per its code of conduct. then he continued to get in trouble by getting multiple parking or traffic tickets and finally getting into it with the cops and getting tazed.

hauck, o'day, dennison, foley, and pflu did u of m, its fans, its players, tj and ultimately most likely themselves a disservice by not punishing him harsher.

So a "slight fracture in cheek bone" is a "broken jaw"? TJ probably admitted that he threw one punch, which followed an immediately prior incident in which the kid was after another guy who was with TJ/Swink. Again, according to an observer who was there at the time, TJ threw one punch and didn't kick anyone. That's hardly ganging up on anyone. See below quote from Missoulian. getgrizzy's version of the incident is a prime example of posters who post untrue things and outright lies.

"According to O'Day, UM officials followed protocol...."

"Bobby (Hauck) handled the thing like a pro, a gentleman, an honorable person."

"O'Day said Hauck went above and beyond what the university deemed necessary for punishment."

Here's the full quote:

"McCarthy was taken to the hospital for stitches and was found to have a slight fracture of his cheekbone. But he chose not to contact the police.

According to O'Day, UM officials followed protocol by looking into the incident and handling it internally. As per McCarthy's wishes, no incident report was filed at UM.

"It was resolved between them," said Grady's father, Kevin McCarthy of Missoula.

"It was an issue where there were two kids. They're friends now, that's the real irony. They're good kids that made a mistake. It was nothing that needed to be brought up and Bobby (Hauck) handled the thing like a pro, a gentleman, an honorable person."

Johnson and Swink were held out of Montana's Sept. 5 opener against Division II Western State and Hauck said they were "unavailable to compete" for disciplinary reasons. O'Day said Hauck went above and beyond what the university deemed necessary for punishment.

thanks for reinforcing what i just said. idiot. :lol: :clap: since it was a broken cheekbone and not a broken jaw, he didn't do anything wrong? wow, thanks columbo.

it isn't your code, it isn't o'day's code, it isn't the mccarthy's code. it's u of m's code. t.j. f'd up, and he f'd up again and after that they suspended him for one quarter. you're just going to have to learn to live with the fact that they didn't punish him accordingly.

Look, I caught you lying again. Show some personal accountability. Man up. I said nothing about whether the 2 players did anything wrong. Of course, they shouldn't have gotten involved in this situation. They had significant internal punishment, lost their starting spots in practice, had to apologize to the kid, and sat out a game. How much punishment does one deserve for throwing one punch, in defense of a friend?

nope, i caught you lying again. you did say t.j. didn't get in trouble, i.e. didn't do anything wrong, apparently because the police didn't get involved. losing your starting spot in practice and apologizing and missing a game isn't significant punishment, unless you're a complete f'n pussy. one punch is all it takes. you call two guys beating one guy defending a friend? what a testimony to your obvious cowardess.

PlayerRep said:
garizzalies said:

That was his one-game suspension. Two birds with one stone.

such great character you have. you realize you're making the staff you're trying to defend look bad, don't you?

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2012/04/12/a-play-by-play-look?blog=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chew on that playerrep. :coffee:

tnt said:
bisonboone11 said:
tnt said:
bisonboone11 said:

Apparently he had (but by the standards some here would apply he hadn't been arrested or convicted so was the victim of a witch hunt but then he wasn't a football player so who knows.) The university sent out a mass email/text to all students warning of the danger.

tnt I've got ask, are you Engstrom's PR guy? Because your "shorthand" version of what happened with the Saudi student sure makes it sound like it.

A woman reported to UM authorities that she was assaulted by a Saudi student. UM advised the woman that they "would take care of it," and if they did not tell her she needed to do anything further they at least implied it. UM did not advise the woman that she needed to report the incident to the MIssoula police. UM did not follow Title IX protocol, but instead attempted to handle it "in-house," and met with the Saudi student and advised him of the complaints filed against him.

A week later a second woman reported to UM officials that she had been sexually assaulted. UM again advised the woman that they "would take care of it," and sent out a mass e-mail late on a Friday afternoon to the students with the warning. UM again did not advise the woman to contact the police, and again did not advise the police of either incident, even though UM lacked jurisdicition in handling the assault matters, and even though it contravened the arrangment UM had (has?) with the Missoula PD to handle incidents where UM lacked jurisdicition. The MIssoula PD was advised of the second incident when someone showed them a copy of the e-mail sent out to the students. In the meantime UM contacted the Saudi student and advised him of the second complaint that had been filed against him, and sometime over the weekend the Saudi student disappeared.

The next Friday a press conference was held. Engstrom was questioned on why the complaints UM knew of for a week were not passed on the the Missoula PD. Engstrom stated that the first incident was not an "assault;" instead he claimed it was merely a "minor in possession" complaint as he tried to justify why UM attempted to handle the matter internally. The alleged facts surrounding the first assault were in the first complaint that was filed. Either Engstrom lied in the press conference, which some people suspect, or Engstrom attempted to gloss over the fact that UM has no jurisdiction or business determining what facts constitute an assault. In either event, UM completely pooched the Saudi student incident, and pretty much destroyed the relationship (which wasn't great to start with) that they had with the Missoula PD.

Back