• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pro day results

infiltrator

Caleb Mcsurdy 4.68 Donny a 4.3
Severin broad jumped 10' 6" vert 36
Caleb broad jumped 9' 6" vert 31.5
Bryan Waldhauser benched 225- 24
Bobby Alt benched 225- 20

infiltrator said:
Caleb Mcsurdy 4.68 Donny a 4.3
Severin broad jumped 10' 6" vert 36
Caleb broad jumped 9' 6" vert 31.5
Bryan Waldhauser benched 225- 24
Bobby Alt benched 225- 20

McSurdy was quite a bit faster. Lisowski a 4.3!?! That is going to cause quite the discussion on here..

Campbell was there, huh? That is pretty cool.

Opi vert 31
Waldhauser 4.9 40
Alt 4.9 40
Severin 4.7 40
Shaw 4.89 40
Kavario 14 bench 27.5 vert
Moutra 4.7 40

Yeah less pressure than the combine I bet. Severin probably because he was injured last year

Donny's time doesn't suprise me. He has been mentioned as one of the fastest players on the team for the last few years.

Really REALLY glad to see Severin out there. Thought for sure he'd given up on the dream...

WaGriz4life said:
Donny's time doesn't suprise me. He has been mentioned as one of the fastest players on the team for the last few years.

First you say these times are hilarious and now it doesnt suprise you.. wtf??

Donny took 4th at the 60mm indoor big sky championship. His interception against NIU shows his speed. Plus always a good special teams players probably a good chance as db, returner, st play in Canada

grizcountry420 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Doesn't suprise me that Donny ran the fastest at the pro day or that his "official time" was sub 4.4. I was more alluding to the fact that McSurdy ran a 4.91 at the combine and the ran a 4.66 at his pro day. You see these drastic improvements in 40 times at every pro day in the country, so I'm not saying UM is "cheating" or inflating their times.

Every school claims to do it "the right way" and fairly, yet the times are always much faster than at the combine. Weird :?

WaGriz4life said:
grizcountry420 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Doesn't suprise me that Donny ran the fastest at the pro day or that his "official time" was sub 4.4. I was more alluding to the fact that McSurdy ran a 4.91 at the combine and the ran a 4.66 at his pro day. You see these drastic improvements in 40 times at every pro day in the country, so I'm not saying UM is "cheating" or inflating their times.

Every school claims to do it "the right way" and fairly, yet the times are always much faster than at the combine. Weird :?

Well no coach does it. All the NFL Scouts have their own timers and compare numbers plus. They provided an electronic timer as well. The combine times always seem different because they use a computer to break down each run to the exact time they move to when their whole body crosses

WaGriz4life said:
grizcountry420 said:
WaGriz4life said:

Yeah.. i know exactly what your saying. Just bustin your balls a little bit :lol:

I'll put up a blog post with some thoughts from what I saw visually in terms of general impressions. A few other numbers I was told:

- Jabin ran a 4.42 on a 2nd attempt, first was in the 4.6 area.

- Some DB from Rocky ran a 4.29 but some guys were doubting that

- Severin told me he was 4.68 on his 40 and did 26 reps. We talked quickly about him being an OLB in a 3-4 and he said that's exactly what he's aiming for. He said he felt great.

- Brody McKnight was money. Made every single kick, they had him kick into a very slight breeze after he hit all of his closer in ones (25 - 35). He hit two from 45, two from 50, then hit a 55 yarder and a 60 yarder. All from a kicking tee. His kickoffs from the 35 all went into the endzone, most out the back or in the back half, only one came close to being near the goal-line (maybe 1 or 2 yards in). Brody afterwards told me it was his best workout like this he'd had.

- I was told there were possibly as many as 23 scouts there, lots of hats/shirts with teams. Some teams had two scouts there like San Diego.

- Tom Cable was there, he was working out Oppy, Chuck, and Steve. I'd heard Oppy did 26 reps but can't confirm that, heard Chuck did well too.

- Wren was punting, hit some big ones, shanked a few too.

- McSurdy and especially Shaw got a long look at being fullbacks. The Cowboys scouts were testing their route running and catching.

I'm going to put a more in-depth blog post up on the egriz blog side, will get that up soon.

WaGriz4life said:
grizcountry420 said:
WaGriz4life said:

You say that like schools doing it the "right way" have their own coaches and staffs clocking the 40's... All the scouts take their own times of each guy, then meet after and average out their times, getting a final time. In the combine and pro day, its the NFL scouts who take the times! I think being at a kids own school is a big reason why they run faster, they probably feel more comfortable. Still just another stupid half-troll post by you though, nothing new.

Also Brody did 24 reps on the bench!

Saw this tweet just now:

100% On Fg's 2 40 , 2 45, 3 50, 2 55's, 1 60 - kickoffs 8+ deep 4.2 +hang, Punts 53 + 4.8 hang, and 24 reps on the benchpress

Back