• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Best of luck to Bobby but he needs to move on

Greenacres Griz

I'm not saying Bobby wouldn't be a good coach somewhere but it is time for him to move on. With the facilities we have & the players that want to come here we should have much better showing's than 1st & second round exits every year. I wish Bobby luck but I hope he moves on down the road & lets the Griz program pick up where it left off with Joe Glenn.

2006 semifinal 19-17 loss to Umass at home
2005 1st round 35-21 loss to Cal Poly at home
2004 Championship game 31-21 loss to JMU
2003 1st round loss 43-40 to W Ill at home
2002 2nd round loss 24-20 to McNeese St at home

O boy, Joe Glenn era...let's see, ya, he really had a good season this year - didn't he??? That little classy act last week was a dandy...too bad we can't have Bobby emulate that act - that would do the program well.

Bobby and the boys are here to stay so get behind him or get outta the way. Real fans support their team and caoches who give 100%.

Come on aboard...WATCH and have fun, but remember, you are NOT a coach, you are simply a fan of the game.

IrishGriz said:
Real fans support their team and coaches who give 100%.

I'm sure he supports and has supported him. But that's not to say as a real fan he can't desire a better fit. The program remains 'Montana Grizzlies', not 'Bobby Hauck And Co.' At this point, I'm just relieved Green's amiable about it.

The one thing that isn't working out is these 2nd chance D1 transfers that he keeps bringing on. Read did it with less and so did Glenn. What happened to the walk-on program that Read started and developing marginal in-state recruits? I would much rather see them red-shirt and develop legit student athletes as opposed to these transfers who the prpgram win but, at a cost to the rep and team chemistry. Plus they haven't produced a National Championship. I think he needs to change his recruiting philosophy.

Greenacres Griz said:

There are a 120 other FCS teams that would give their left one for
the above record.

Montana Joe 16 said:
The one thing that isn't working out is these 2nd chance D1 transfers that he keeps bringing on. Read did it with less and so did Glenn. What happened to the walk-on program that Read started and developing marginal in-state recruits? I would much rather see them red-shirt and develop legit student athletes as opposed to these transfers who the prpgram win but, at a cost to the rep and team chemistry. Plus they haven't produced a National Championship. I think he needs to change his recruiting philosophy.

Eh.... Read had several D 1A transfers on his teams. Did you go to the games back then?

Plus the pulse of IAA/FCS has changed big time. While the core of the team should be high-school recruits, if you add a guy like Ochs or Joe Douglas, you greatly increase your teams chances to succeed. And if you don't, somebody who wants to beat you will.

It is more a matter of trying to evaluate second chance drop downs. Who wouldn't want guys like Drew Miller, Craig Ochs, or Joe Douglas? But the flip side is - who wants kids like Coleman or Freeman.

That 2002 loss was with Joe Glenn, Edwards at QB remember....Joe would not have won it for us in 2003 either....

The one thing that isn't working out is these 2nd chance D1 transfers that he keeps bringing on. Read did it with less and so did Glenn. What happened to the walk-on program that Read started and developing marginal in-state recruits?

hmmm.Ochs was pretty good, Bradshaw,Chambers and EA did fine with us,Quinn is OK, I think you can name a few more successes. You can name a ton of successes around the league...did you see Flacco at UD? He'll go pro(QB)....you have to take the best athletes you can find...it's a no brainer. Bobby does a great job at trying to get the top Montana players..but he has to go out of state...all successful programs need to...except maybe Sac State...they have 5 million people around them. I would have loved to have had Flacco....if they had a defense they would win it all...but they do not, so they go down next week.

EastCoastGriz said:
Greenacres Griz said:

the above record.

There were years when UM compared itself to the elite of I-AA and college football. Now fans are comparing UM to the bottom of the barrel to make themselves feel better about the program. You just supported Greenacres's point.

Turd Ferguson said:
EastCoastGriz said:
Greenacres Griz said:

the above record.

There were years when UM compared itself to the elite of I-AA and college football. Now fans are comparing UM to the bottom of the barrel to make themselves feel better about the program. You just supported Greenacres's point.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
If the regular season is all that matters, why don't these sugar coaters support a move up? At least then, one and done is all you would expect in the postseason. A NC wouldn't matter, and at least our schedule would be fun to watch. Bring in Boise St. instead of Ft Lewis. Woffard coach says he'd like to play us again...Bobby's response....No. We have become like Cat fans, where a win against the cats and making the playoffs is good enough. Pretty soon it will be just a win against the cats that will define our season.
Next year when all of the sugar coaters get into a war of words with the cat fans and proclaim "Our season is bigger than this game, it is about the playoffs," I call bs right now.

EastCoastGriz said:
Greenacres Griz said:

the above record.

But we are not one of the 120 other teams. We are Montana, and we are better than most, and need to be the best more often.

stubbins said:
Turd Ferguson said:
EastCoastGriz said:
Greenacres Griz said:

the above record.

If the regular season is all that matters, why don't these sugar coaters support a move up? At least then, one and done is all you would expect in the postseason. A NC wouldn't matter, and at least our schedule would be fun to watch. Bring in Boise St. instead of Ft Lewis. Woffard coach says he'd like to play us again...Bobby's response....No. We have become like Cat fans, where a win against the cats and making the playoffs is good enough. Pretty soon it will be just a win against the cats that will define our season.
Next year when all of the sugar coaters get into a war of words with the cat fans and proclaim "Our season is bigger than this game, it is about the playoffs," I call bs right now.

Alpha has called us the Atlanta Braves of FCS...after a 5 year postseason record of 5-5 with 4 home losses, I agree-

Frustrating to say the least. While I won't bag on Hauck, I sure won't jump on the bandwagon either...I think someone pee'd in this koolaid-

Bozgriz said:
stubbins said:
Turd Ferguson said:
EastCoastGriz said:
the above record.

Alpha has called us the Atlanta Braves of FCS...after a 5 year postseason record of 5-5 with 4 home losses, I agree-

Frustrating to say the least. While I won't bag on Hauck, I sure won't jump on the bandwagon either...I think someone pee'd in this koolaid-

When your strategy is to keep things close and let your defense win it this will happen. You go to the well one to many times and not be aggressive and this is the result. I am sorry, but we were the better more tallented team on the field Saturday and I am just sick for our boys. JUST SICK!

Alpha is on the cutting edge of societal evolution.

You may not like what he has to say at the time but he is generally right on the money.

What I don't get is how an FCS team with 15 NFL prospects (as I've read on this board) can lose to Wofford.

Wouldn't this failure fall on the coach?

Back