• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

RaeQuan Battle Wins TRO to Play Now

mthoopsfan

The NCAA had denied his waiver request twice. To play this year after 2 transfers. He's missed 9 games. He and some other players won a temporary restraining order today. The next hearing is in 14 days. I was not involved in the legal aspect, but have been communicating with the NCAA, having other former Native American athletes send letters to the NCAA, and trying to drum up favorable press. I was communicating with Jason Gay of the Wall St. Journal. He had shown some interest. He's the one who told me of the favorable TRO. Hopefully, the NCAA will back off and not continue to fight on this. They are wrong, at least with Battle.

https://www.si.com/college/westvirginia/basketball/breaking-district-judge-issues-tro-against-the-ncaa

NCAA continues to be useless... what is it they do.....exactly......other than over-complicating things and make them way more difficult than they need to be?

giphy.gif

Battle had 29 in first game back. Missed first game "back" because he was sick. Lost 11 pounds. Shot poorly from 3. Missed front end of 1 on 1 late in game. 6 rebounds. West Virginia's big guy is out for a month. 1 point loss.

Battle had 25 today against no. 12 Baylor, in a loss. Leading scorer in game. 8-16, inlcuding 4-8 from 3. 5 rebounds. Fouled out.

West Va. has had some very good games and bigger wins, but isn't good overall. Were missing 2 players who didn't have waivers for first 10 or so games, including Battle, and their big guy for over a month with an injury. Battle is leading scorer for his team, with 15.6.

Had 21 in prior game against TCU, another loss.

grizband said:
Battle averages 16.2 points and 4.3 rebounds in 15 games played this season.

Averaging 0.6 assists a game, he certainly has the fake to the open man and shoot game down.

grizfnz said:
grizband said:
Battle averages 16.2 points and 4.3 rebounds in 15 games played this season.

Averaging 0.6 assists a game, he certainly has the fake to the open man and shoot game down.

Has scored over 20 in 7 of his 15 games. 29, 29, 25, 24, 23, 21, 21. Including against Kanas, Kansas St, TCU, Baylor and Ohio St.

I assume the coach wants the shooting guard, and leading scorer, to score, not get assists. I see that Moody had 2 assists in each of the last 2 games, in which he scored 24 and 29. I suppose you think he should have passed more.

mthoopsfan said:
grizfnz said:

Has scored over 20 in 7 of his 15 games. 29, 29, 25, 24, 23, 21, 21. Including against Kanas, Kansas St, TCU, Baylor and Ohio St.

I assume the coach wants the shooting guard, and leading scorer, to score, not get assists. I see that Moody had 2 assists in each of the last 2 games, in which he scored 24 and 29. I suppose you think he should have passed more.
Moody averages 2 assist a game this year, the highest of his career. Battle on the other hand is averaging less than his .7 apg career average. I’d rather have Moody as a teammate, at least there’s a chance of seeing the ball.

grizfnz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Moody averages 2 assist a game this year, the highest of his career. Battle on the other hand is averaging less than his .7 apg career average. I’d rather have Moody as a teammate, at least there’s a chance of seeing the ball.

If Battle were on the Griz, the Griz would easily win the conference. Battle had 28 against Kansas St yesterday, in a 4 point OT loss on the road. He was 10-20 and 6-9 from 3. Hit both free throws. 4 rebounds. 0 assists. 1 TO. I'd say he had a pretty good game, even without a TO. He was 2-3 from 3 in the OT. Of his team's 11 points.

mthoopsfan said:
grizfnz said:

If Battle were on the Griz, the Griz would easily win the conference. Battle had 28 against Kansas St yesterday, in a 4 point OT loss on the road. He was 10-20 and 6-9 from 3. Hit both free throws. 4 rebounds. 0 assists. 1 TO. I'd say he had a pretty good game, even without a TO. He was 2-3 from 3 in the OT. Of his team's 11 points.

Hoops you are right. But, if Battle, Great Osobar and Darius Brown had stayed at MSU they would have run away with the Conference. Osobar and Brown are having a great year at Utah State. Battle will be in the NBA when done.

bigsky33 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Hoops you are right. But, if Battle, Great Osobar and Darius Brown had stayed at MSU they would have run away with the Conference. Osobar and Brown are having a great year at Utah State. Battle will be in the NBA when done.

Yup, no doubt about it. MSU would have won an ncaa game with those guys and Sprinkle.

Back