• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 Griz Recruiting (18) Verbals (15) Offers

UncleRico said:
AZDoc said:
Ok…I’m not pretending to know anything…just a question/observation….has anyone looked at the transfer portal and the number of OL, DL, and CB available? Why in the name of Zeus’s butthole are they offering HS developments and D2 redshirts?

Well I don't think every kid makes an announcement on an offer,. It is kind annoying to me the ones that do actually. I was told that universities are using a private company that organize all the portal players. And I believe that players have an opportunity with this private services to say what level they would accept playing at. So I think there are some just wouldn't come here so why waste time? I am not convinced still that a kid that couldn't cut it at a higher level and is accepting something at UM is better than a kid that is talented but ignored and hungry to prove himself. Patrick O'Conell D2 player..Tim Hauck D2 walk on.

I chatted with Rosie and he showed me the service they use. Said it’s rather expensive. It was way cool and seemed user friendly. He was looking at TEs when we chatted. Could click and it would show highlights but also show certain plays where the player had a specific assignment. Like one was a video showing the TE missing a block and the RB getting blasted. PS obviously they are recruiting for a portal TE pretty hard.

BDizzle said:
UncleRico said:
Well I don't think every kid makes an announcement on an offer,. It is kind annoying to me the ones that do actually. I was told that universities are using a private company that organize all the portal players. And I believe that players have an opportunity with this private services to say what level they would accept playing at. So I think there are some just wouldn't come here so why waste time? I am not convinced still that a kid that couldn't cut it at a higher level and is accepting something at UM is better than a kid that is talented but ignored and hungry to prove himself. Patrick O'Conell D2 player..Tim Hauck D2 walk on.

I chatted with Rosie and he showed me the service they use. Said it’s rather expensive. It was way cool and seemed user friendly. He was looking at TEs when we chatted. Could click and it would show highlights but also show certain plays where the player had a specific assignment. Like one was a video showing the TE missing a block and the RB getting blasted. PS obviously they are recruiting for a portal TE pretty hard.

Any idea who left in the TE room? Do you know if we’re bringing in any CB transfers anytime soon?

grizfan1984 said:
BDizzle said:

Any idea who left in the TE room? Do you know if we’re bringing in any CB transfers anytime soon?

After a quick gogriz roster check, it looks like Joey Elwell and Matt Rensvold are moving on after graduating.
There were rumors about Matt moving on, but hadnt heard anything about Mr Elwell.
Congrats to both of them.

Griztrain said:
grizfan1984 said:

After a quick gogriz roster check, it looks like Joey Elwell and Matt Rensvold are moving on after graduating.
There were rumors about Matt moving on, but hadnt heard anything about Mr Elwell.

I’m thinking someone more recently, Elwell and Rensvold have been gone before spring and we weren’t going after any transfer portal tight ends until the last couple of weeks we seem to be scrambling for them. Wish they’d scramble for some CBs

grizfan1984 said:
Griztrain said:

I’m thinking someone more recently, Elwell and Rensvold have been gone before spring and we weren’t going after any transfer portal tight ends until the last couple of weeks we seem to be scrambling for them. Wish they’d scramble for some CBs

I think there are a lot of players that don't announce every offer on social media. I'm sure Griz coaches are workin it!

grizfan1984 said:
Griztrain said:

What makes you think they're not? If you remember, last Summer we brought in like 4-5 guys, most of which we had no knowledge on at all like Chris Walker and Cooper Barnum. There's been a fair amount of times with this staff that guys have come in and we haven't found out about them until they were announced by the program. Odds are that could be the case here too!

Griz til I die said:
grizfan1984 said:
What makes you think they're not? If you remember, last Summer we brought in like 4-5 guys, most of which we had no knowledge on at all like Chris Walker and Cooper Barnum. There's been a fair amount of times with this staff that guys have come in and we haven't found out about them until they were announced by the program. Odds are that could be the case here too!

It is exactly what will happen. They are on it and they have dudes coming. This happens every single year. There will be some dudes that none of us heard about or knew anything about, and they’ll help out the team.

Griz til I die said:
grizfan1984 said:

With social media now a days we have learned a lot about things with recruiting, I follow twitter alot and a lot of recruits on there, I check often who coaches are following and the players are following, I’ve caught onto several recruits this way. The past few weeks the coaches have loaded up on following a bunch of Juco TEs and even a few other D1 TE transfers, I’ve caught on to some CB transfers being followed but only being followed by a coach or 2 and to be fair I’ve done this recruiting thing for nearly 18 years now and I’ve caught the eye of some former players who credit me for my knowledge. I knew about Walker last year before the university put anything out and us that follow recruiting a lot usually know about the players before the university announces them especially if the player is a big time player and will help us right away. However they did bring in the 2 kicker transfers I didn’t know about last year but both didn’t make the team and they also brought in the Erich Osteen kid from UCLA that looked really good in spring game but I’m not sure if he made the team (-anybody know?)

https://twitter.com/nazaiahca/status/1665876219093729280?s=46&t=dc8-GgsunrC6LlIKD26SmQ

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15437200/635a1ffe386d9c0c1c3336d1

grizfan1984 said:
https://twitter.com/nazaiahca/status/1665876219093729280?s=46&t=dc8-GgsunrC6LlIKD26SmQ
https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcats/football/arizona-wildcats-pick-up-2024-edge-rusher-nazaiah-caravallo-from-honolulu/article_9b6bd238-c930-11ed-8460-33124114bdf7.html

https://twitter.com/keatonj_3/status/1665888238991560706?s=46&t=ttv81ny-1m_P0TsbeumBnw
Damn, 2 commitments! Always tough to say if it’s transfer or high school guys this time of year! I’d be willing to bet one of them is that JUCO TE.

https://twitter.com/JordanDever_/status/1665903915030958082

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12820471/63662ebfff02960c0891d782

grizfan1984 said:
Griz til I die said:

With social media now a days we have learned a lot about things with recruiting, I follow twitter alot and a lot of recruits on there, I check often who coaches are following and the players are following, I’ve caught onto several recruits this way. The past few weeks the coaches have loaded up on following a bunch of Juco TEs and even a few other D1 TE transfers, I’ve caught on to some CB transfers being followed but only being followed by a coach or 2 and to be fair I’ve done this recruiting thing for nearly 18 years now and I’ve caught the eye of some former players who credit me for my knowledge. I knew about Walker last year before the university put anything out and us that follow recruiting a lot usually know about the players before the university announces them especially if the player is a big time player and will help us right away. However they did bring in the 2 kicker transfers I didn’t know about last year but both didn’t make the team and they also brought in the Erich Osteen kid from UCLA that looked really good in spring game but I’m not sure if he made the team (-anybody know?)

Did you know Stitt offered Walker in ‘17 (I believe)…may have been ‘16…

Paytonlives said:

Here is a good example of of multi star kid that I don’t think any of us had on any radar or knew the Griz were after. There are more just like him, both HS kids and transfers.

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:

Offered as a wide receiver?

tgreseth said:
AZGrizFan said:

Offered as a wide receiver?

Yes, in fact Walker was the beginning of a new Stitt offensive scheme focused on Tackle-eligible passing plays.

grizfan1984 said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15437200/635a1ffe386d9c0c1c3336d1

Kid could be the gem of the recruiting class. Watch the second play of his hudl. Explosive and can cover a lot of ground in a hurry. Walking away from his AZ commitment. And I need to know, did he make it to a camp?

HookedonGriz said:
Paytonlives said:

Here is a good example of of multi star kid that I don’t think any of us had on any radar or knew the Griz were after. There are more just like him, both HS kids and transfers.

Corner or receiver?

Back