• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

ElrodGrizzly said:
MtFootball said:
There is no question that they screwed up and should be penalized, but this thought that all we want is too win at all cost is total BS!

You had a coach get his 3rd DUI. While speeding. Downtown. And he was back coaching without missing a beat.

You came here to the rival team's message board to criticize Missoula's handling of a DUI 30 years ago rather than out there holding MSU accountable.

Lets also be real, by the third DUI, we can say that a person has a problem with alcohol. That person, Garza, needs help. Probably treatment. Addiction is an ugly thing. But instead of saying "hey, we are suspending you for 60 days and if you want to stay on the staff you will use that time to go to rehab and get this under control," they decided having him out there for a football game was more important than his health and the safety of the community.

That is the definition of "win at all costs."

Winner winner chicken dinner. Mic drop moment

garizzalies said:
7nyie3.jpg

Just when I think you literally can’t out do yourself….you prove me wrong big time! My goodness this is incredible

Alaska Griz said:
My guess is if they fired and/or suspended half their coaching staff at this moment it would likely screw their season and possibly throw their roster into turmoil with many players wanting to get away from the mess in Bozeman, and might make national news if the right person got ahold of it.

They seem to understand this. At this rate, if the coaches are still coaching and recruiting, despite being arrested, MSdUi is clearly hoping to sweep things under the rug by plugging their ears and closing their eyes. The irony of cat fans bragging about msu leadership is not unnoticed. Something fishy going on over there.

If they at least drag their feet, even if their hands are tied, and they have no choice but to eventually fire a good chunk of their coaching staff, it will at least be a smoother transition. MSdUi will have time to get the backup coaches up to speed under the current coordinators.

Assuming MSdUi is planning to simply cover this stuff up, which it appears could be happening, then questions arise...how many violations is enough to act accordingly? What is the tipping point for growing a spine and doing the right thing? When their DC gets so many DUI's he physically can't coach from prison? What is their rationale for keeping a DC that no other college will hire at this point? Is there a threshold for immediately terminating or suspending a coach? WTF is it? Why are they coaching during the interim? Does the leadership at MSdUi actually care about Montana and their local community? Are the duiers actually all innocent and the local police are conspiring to take down the football program?

I think these are fair questions for the community of Bozeman, the state of Montana, it's taxpayers, and sports fans alike to be asking.

All great questions that will remain unanswered because they refuse to address it and the media (apparently) refuses to ask about it.

Poorgriz stated that they have to let all the facts come out and if the facts aren’t in favor of the coaches there will be major repercussions. That’s bullshit, as evidenced by the fact the cats have already re-signed Garza to a new contract…..last month….long before his court appearance coming up here in June. Re-signing a coach who quite literally was charged with a 3rd DUI and assaulted a nurse at the hospital when they tried taking his blood. The epitome of a piece of shit.

HookedonGriz said:
Poorgriz stated that they have to let all the facts come out and if the facts aren’t in favor of the coaches there will be major repercussions. That’s bullshit, as evidenced by the fact the cats have already re-signed Garza to a new contract…..last month….long before his court appearance coming up here in June. Re-signing a coach who quite literally was charged with a 3rd DUI and assaulted a nurse at the hospital when they tried taking his blood. The epitome of a piece of shit.

My only question on Garza is...can they do more? They suspended long enough so he could sleep it off to under a .08, can they suspend further if he's convicted? I'm not so sure they can, but I know very little about contract law and whatnot.

With that said, I do agree with one thing they've done, and that's wait until the criminal cases play out before doing anything. They should have released a statement and placed them on Admin leave, but definitely shouldn't do more until criminal proceedings are finished. I think they screwed themselves and can't do much, if anything, to Garza.

WyomingGrizFan said:
So this is what you guys do all day while at the office. Spend all your time on egriz, huh?
Pretty much, I couldn't make it in the real world anyway.

#15 Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:

My only question on Garza is...can they do more? They suspended long enough so he could sleep it off to under a .08, can they suspend further if he's convicted? I'm not so sure they can, but I know very little about contract law and whatnot.

With that said, I do agree with one thing they've done, and that's wait until the criminal cases play out before doing anything. They should have released a statement and placed them on Admin leave, but definitely shouldn't do more until criminal proceedings are finished. I think they screwed themselves and can't do much, if anything, to Garza.

At a minimum…..they should have suspended the coaches…..all of them…. (hell, with pay if need be) indefinitely until the matter is resolved in a court of law. That is not difficult nor does it put them at any risk whatsoever. What they have done instead says a lot.

HookedonGriz said:
#15 Fan said:

At a minimum…..they should have suspended the coaches…..all of them…. (hell, with pay if need be) indefinitely until the matter is resolved in a court of law. That is not difficult nor does it put them at any risk whatsoever. What they have done instead says a lot.

Most programs would fire or suspend a coach who got arrested for DUI #3. MSU gives him a new contract, and I’m guessing, a raise.

#15 Fan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yes, they can fire them and take their keycards away at any time no matter what words on a page say. Similarly, the coaches could try to sue no matter what words on a page say. MSU is choosing to retain and renew/reward.

Does Vigen remind his coaches that if they get pulled over for DUI do not submit to field sobriety tests. Must be a coaches meeting thing. Neither 3 times a charm Garza or skeedaddle Housewright submitted to them. All I hear out of bozeman is the cops and tow truck operator are picking on their poor souls. :lol: On a serious note I’m absolutely amazed Garza is still in bozeman. This definitely smells as a win at all cost theory. Sad but true!

CDAGRIZ said:

Yes, they can fire them and take their keycards away at any time no matter what words on a page say. Similarly, the coaches could try to sue no matter what words on a page say. MSU is choosing to retain and renew/reward.

Far be it from me to argue legal matters with a lawyer, so....
From Mike Kramers civil suit settlement:
"One of Kramer's attorneys, Cliff Edwards, said the parties agreed to settle after a judge dismissed the university's requests to have the case thrown out.

"I believe they settled because they knew once a jury saw all the evidence, the results would be very damaging," Edwards said. "Coach Kramer was made a scapegoat. Certain university officials seemed intent on using falsehoods and distortions to destroy this good man's career and reputation."

MSU attorney Cal Stacey said the settlement was primarily an economic and business decision."

Change a few names to fit the current matter, and voila!

3-7-77 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Far be it from me to argue legal matters with a lawyer, so....
From Mike Kramers civil suit settlement:
"One of Kramer's attorneys, Cliff Edwards, said the parties agreed to settle after a judge dismissed the university's requests to have the case thrown out.

"I believe they settled because they knew once a jury saw all the evidence, the results would be very damaging," Edwards said. "Coach Kramer was made a scapegoat. Certain university officials seemed intent on using falsehoods and distortions to destroy this good man's career and reputation."

MSU attorney Cal Stacey said the settlement was primarily an economic and business decision."

Change a few names to fit the current matter, and voila!

You are correct that the quote says that, but you are arguing a different matter. I said they can fire these coaches at any time. That is true even if doing so would arguably breach an employment contract. I'm not talking about exposure. Any possible lawsuit isn't pre-filed or anything.

If they did sue, use some of those sweet dollar bills we always hear about MSU making to pay these suckers off (and make sure to include a confidentiality clause in the settlement agreement this time to dissuade anyone from discussing anything about the settlement with the media). It's not that MSU can't, it's that MSU won't.

HookedonGriz said:
Poorgriz stated that they have to let all the facts come out and if the facts aren’t in favor of the coaches there will be major repercussions. That’s poop, as evidenced by the fact the cats have already re-signed Garza to a new contract…..last month….long before his court appearance coming up here in June. Re-signing a coach who quite literally was charged with a 3rd DUI and assaulted a nurse at the hospital when they tried taking his blood. The epitome of a piece of poop.
Wow, court hearing this month?
They are also having their big recruiting camp this month.
I am telling recruits to ask at the camp about the status of the hearing and case(s) which is a legit concern for these young recruits around the state.
Maybe some of the recruits can attend the camp and hearing on the same trip.

Just saw on the news that Housewright had his court appearance today and plead not guilty to all charges. Could’ve plead guilty and made it easy on himself so here we go. His next court date is August 9, just in time for the start of fall camp

https://www.kbzk.com/news/crime-courts/montana-states-offensive-coordinator-taylor-housewright-pleads-not-guilty-to-all-charges-including-aggravated-dui

Dude not only failed to shave and wear a suit but also did not even bother to button the top button.

Griz til I die said:
Just saw on the news that Housewright had his court appearance today and plead not guilty to all charges. Could’ve plead guilty and made it easy on himself so here we go. His next court date is August 9, just in time for the start of fall camp

To be fair, if he pleaded guilty or nolo, he wouldn’t be able to drag it out as long. This way, he can keep recruiting and coaching ‘em up in the interim.

Latest posts

Back