• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

MtFootball said:
We just wanted to follow your leadership direction on how you all all handled the Blaine Taylor DUI/wreck in the 90's. I notice Blaine coached several more years after his arrest and is in your HOF. Way to set the hammer down!!

Thanks for visiting eGriz lil' bro. :sleep:

MtFootball said:
There is no question that they screwed up and should be penalized, but this thought that all we want is too win at all cost is total BS!

You had a coach get his 3rd DUI. While speeding. Downtown. And he was back coaching without missing a beat.

You came here to the rival team's message board to criticize Missoula's handling of a DUI 30 years ago rather than out there holding MSU accountable.

Lets also be real, by the third DUI, we can say that a person has a problem with alcohol. That person, Garza, needs help. Probably treatment. Addiction is an ugly thing. But instead of saying "hey, we are suspending you for 60 days and if you want to stay on the staff you will use that time to go to rehab and get this under control," they decided having him out there for a football game was more important than his health and the safety of the community.

That is the definition of "win at all costs."

MtFootball said:
There is no question that they screwed up and should be penalized, but this thought that all we want is too win at all cost is total BS!
If your administration doesn't want people to think that, maybe they shouldn't do things that make people think that.

MtFootball said:

What are people supposed to think if a multiple-DUI coach serves a 3.5 hour suspension before coaching the rest of the season, a DUI coach flees the scene of a crash and attempts to cover it up, a RB coach helps out without a license, all three remain coaching/on payroll, and the University refuses to comment? Are people supposed to think the administration has standards other than winning?

How'd you like the offense last year? Did it win you games? What did the OC do? Is he still on staff? What was the University's response? Nothing. OK, but we're supposed to believe the message isn't "win at all costs"? :roll: :roll:

CDAGRIZ said:
MtFootball said:

What are people supposed to think if a multiple-DUI coach serves a 3.5 hour suspension before coaching the rest of the season, a DUI coach flees the scene of a crash and attempts to cover it up, a RB coach helps out without a license, all three remain coaching/on payroll, and the University refuses to comment? Are people supposed to think the administration has standards other than winning?

How'd you like the offense last year? Did it win you games? What did the OC do? Is he still on staff? What was the University's response? Nothing. OK, but we're supposed to believe the message isn't "win at all costs"? :roll: :roll:

I was in Bozeman last weekend for a funeral and spoke with a fairly influential former cat player/bobcat club member. Guy has never led me astray on information before. From my conversation with him, I can tell you they couldn't care less about this. Total non-issue. Unless he is magically out of the loop all of a sudden, then there will be zero fallout over this.

If you actually think about what did, and more importantly didn't happen in 2011, Engstrom death nailed our program for less transgression.

MtFootball said:
We just wanted to follow your leadership direction on how you all all handled the Blaine Taylor DUI/wreck in the 90's. I notice Blaine coached several more years after his arrest and is in your HOF. Way to set the hammer down!!

This is complete bullsh!t, but I suspect you're fully aware of that.

Obviously, there are some marked differences between the two situations:
*Taylor's "wreck" was backing into a post, with his very own (non-state-provided) vehicle
*It was his first (not third) DUI (and he'd never been fired for committing NCAA violations either, but....)
*He was not driving 60 mph down Main
*He did not call another coach to help hide evidence
*His DUI came in the off-season, and he was suspended for a week (not one) practice.
*I could go on and on, but I'm guessing even a bub fan can get this by now[

Is it? Really? It would seem the actions (or in this case complete lack there of) of DUI University's "leadership" tells a different story.

CDAGRIZ said:
They would have to get all the facts and let "due-process" play out. I don't think the severity of the alleged crime matters to them. If seems like if the leadership over there ran Hertz in 1994-95, O.J. would still be shooting commercials during the trial.

Ginsu knives and leather gloves. :lol:

Raider said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I was in Bozeman last weekend for a funeral and spoke with a fairly influential former cat player/bobcat club member. Guy has never led me astray on information before. From my conversation with him, I can tell you they couldn't care less about this. Total non-issue. Unless he is magically out of the loop all of a sudden, then there will be zero fallout over this.

If you actually think about what did, and more importantly didn't happen in 2011, Engstrom death nailed our program for less transgression.

That, if true, is simply beyond explanation. WTF are they doing over there? What was your contact's take on the situation(s)?

CDAGRIZ said:
Raider said:

That, if true, is simply beyond explanation. WTF are they doing over there? What was your contact's take on the situation(s)?

Not sure why this is so surprising. Seriously. Waste-of-space Cruzado's mantra is "win baby" and that doesn't mean doing the right thing if it will negatively impact the football team or athletic department. Two other schools jettisoned the same DC when the very same thing happened. Three time losers are welcome in Boozeman. Wreck a university car, drive away from an accident scene? Just win baby. Just win.

I'm still waiting to hear a logical and reasonable explanation from a cat fan on this. I know they're on the board. My only assumption can be that even the most hardened bub fan simply cannot explain the lack of action from DUI U.

Please cat fans, if I'm wrong, post your thoughts. I certainly welcome them as perhaps there's something we're missing here that would make their inactivity here seem...well, less $hitty I guess, because I cannot fathom anything that would justify it.

EverettGriz said:
I'm still waiting to hear a logical and reasonable explanation from a cat fan on this. I know they're on the board. My only assumption can be that even the most hardened bub fan simply cannot explain the lack of action from DUI U.

Please cat fans, if I'm wrong, post your thoughts. I certainly welcome them as perhaps there's something we're missing here that would make their inactivity here seem...well, less $hitty I guess, because I cannot fathom anything that would justify it.

I've posted this several times. The administration is waiting for all the facts to come out before issuing punishment. If everything that's been reported in the media is accurate, and there is not additional important information about these charges..... the punishment for these is going to be strict. You can complain about whey they aren't all suspended while the process plays out, but what if they find out the BPD has done some crazy shit here, and made stuff up? How would that look? Crazier things have happened. I'm not saying that's likely but it's not out of the question. I do remember a time when the BPD had it out for the football players..... but that was a long time ago.

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I've posted this several times. The administration is waiting for all the facts to come out before issuing punishment. If everything that's been reported in the media is accurate, and there is not additional important information about these charges..... the punishment for these is going to be strict. You can complain about whey they aren't all suspended while the process plays out, but what if they find out the BPD has done some crazy poop here, and made stuff up? How would that look? Crazier things have happened. I'm not saying that's likely but it's not out of the question. I do remember a time when the BPD had it out for the football players..... but that was a long time ago.

Soooooo, its not a coverup because of a just win attitude, no no no. You folks are now saying "well, maybe the bozeman police are corrupt and faked this!" To me, that is not nearly as likely as a man with a history of DUIs getting a DUI. And also not nearly as likely as a very young coach doing something very, very dumb. But sure, maybe the cops in Bozeman are particularly targeting the coaches in Bozeman. Sure.

7nyie3.jpg

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I've posted this several times. The administration is waiting for all the facts to come out before issuing punishment. If everything that's been reported in the media is accurate, and there is not additional important information about these charges..... the punishment for these is going to be strict. You can complain about whey they aren't all suspended while the process plays out, but what if they find out the BPD has done some crazy poop here, and made stuff up? How would that look? Crazier things have happened. I'm not saying that's likely but it's not out of the question. I do remember a time when the BPD had it out for the football players..... but that was a long time ago.

And when you have, I've asked this follow up questions (with no response, of course):

Okay, why don't they suspend the coaches pending trial?

Why can't they do what UM did when their assistant BB coach got a DUI and release a statement saying, "We'll obviously let the legal process play out, but if the allegations have merit, we are extremely disappointed and the repercussions will be severe"?

And finally, what if the punishment is NOT strict? What will you say then? At this point, I don't think anyone could reasonably have confidence in DUI U's "leadership" to take appropriate action.

poorgriz said:
EverettGriz said:

I've posted this several times. The administration is waiting for all the facts to come out before issuing punishment. If everything that's been reported in the media is accurate, and there is not additional important information about these charges..... the punishment for these is going to be strict. You can complain about whey they aren't all suspended while the process plays out, but what if they find out the BPD has done some crazy shit here, and made stuff up? How would that look? Crazier things have happened. I'm not saying that's likely but it's not out of the question. I do remember a time when the BPD had it out for the football players..... but that was a long time ago.

Yes, the admin has to rule out aliens, Sasquatch, and Donkey Kong before taking any action or making any real statement whatsoever. What if Sasquatch crashed the company car and called Donkey Kong to come help cover it up, but they were mistaken for MSU employees paid by the state? What if aliens abducted DC, got him drunk and made him drive 60 down Main Street? We just don’t know the facts yet.

My guess is if they fired and/or suspended half their coaching staff at this moment it would likely screw their season and possibly throw their roster into turmoil with many players wanting to get away from the mess in Bozeman, and might make national news if the right person got ahold of it.

They seem to understand this. At this rate, if the coaches are still coaching and recruiting, despite being arrested, MSdUi is clearly hoping to sweep things under the rug by plugging their ears and closing their eyes. The irony of cat fans bragging about msu leadership is not unnoticed. Something fishy going on over there.

If they at least drag their feet, even if their hands are tied, and they have no choice but to eventually fire a good chunk of their coaching staff, it will at least be a smoother transition. MSdUi will have time to get the backup coaches up to speed under the current coordinators.

Assuming MSdUi is planning to simply cover this stuff up, which it appears could be happening, then questions arise...how many violations is enough to act accordingly? What is the tipping point for growing a spine and doing the right thing? When their DC gets so many DUI's he physically can't coach from prison? What is their rationale for keeping a DC that no other college will hire at this point? Is there a threshold for immediately terminating or suspending a coach? WTF is it? Why are they coaching during the interim? Does the leadership at MSdUi actually care about Montana and their local community? Are the duiers actually all innocent and the local police are conspiring to take down the football program?

I think these are fair questions for the community of Bozeman, the state of Montana, it's taxpayers, and sports fans alike to be asking.

Alaska Griz said:
My guess is if they fired and/or suspended half their coaching staff at this moment it would likely screw their season and possibly throw their roster into turmoil with many players wanting to get away from the mess in Bozeman, and might make national news if the right person got ahold of it.

They seem to understand this. At this rate, if the coaches are still coaching and recruiting, despite being arrested, MSdUi is clearly hoping to sweep things under the rug by plugging their ears and closing their eyes. The irony of cat fans bragging about msu leadership is not unnoticed. Something fishy going on over there.

If they at least drag their feet, even if their hands are tied, and they have no choice but to eventually fire a good chunk of their coaching staff, it will at least be a smoother transition. MSdUi will have time to get the backup coaches up to speed under the current coordinators.

Assuming MSdUi is planning to simply cover this stuff up, which it appears could be happening, then questions arise...how many violations is enough to act accordingly? What is the tipping point for growing a spine and doing the right thing? When their DC gets so many DUI's he physically can't coach from prison? What is their rationale for keeping a DC that no other college will hire at this point? Is there a threshold for immediately terminating or suspending a coach? WTF is it? Why are they coaching during the interim? Does the leadership at MSdUi actually care about Montana and their local community? Are the duiers actually all innocent and the local police are conspiring to take down the football program?

I think these are fair questions for the community of Bozeman, the state of Montana, it's taxpayers, and sports fans alike to be asking.
They got a big culture problem in the department over there, and it goes all the way up to the AD. It’s more then Football

Latest posts

Back