• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2023 Eastern Regular season predictions

Griz til I die

DONOR
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend! Thank you to all those who have served our country! We are moving on to Eastern who I think is going to have just as bad of a year as they did last year. They have just as tough of a schedule as last season, and once again have questions at QB and with their Defense. With that, let's dive in!

September 2 North Dakota State (Minneapolis) - L. Kind of a cool deal for Eastern who will get to play NDSU at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, the home of the Vikings. I think NDSU has had a really tough offseason and I'm expecting them to take a step back, but they're gonna crush Eastern. It might be over in the 1st quarter.

September 9 @ Fresno State - L. The Bulldogs should be in the running to contend for the Mountain West title this season, no chance for Eastern in this one.

September 16 vs. Southeastern Louisiana - L. Could you imagine if this game was played in 2021? It might have been first one to 80 wins. SELA will have a good team. Cammon Cooper who was once expected to transfer to UM should be the starter for the Lions. I'm expecting a high scoring game, but I do think SELA pulls it out on the road.

September 23 @ UC Davis - L. That SELA game is very important as Eastern could be staring down the barrel of a 0-4 start. I struggle to see how Eastern wins this game at Davis. I don't think they're going to.

September 30 vs. Idaho - L. Brutal 0-5 start for Eastern. I see no way they win this game either. Even if it is at home.

October 7 BYE. They're gonna need it after this start to the season

October 14 @ Idaho State - W. This is their best chance for a win. If they can't win this one, Aaron Best should be fired in the locker room after the game. No excuse to not win this one.

October 21 vs. Weber State - L. I think they have a chance in this game, but I can't do it. Weber should have superior talent in this one so short of Weber being plagued by injuries or something I don't see Eastern winning this game

October 28 @ Portland State - L. Eastern lost this game in Cheney last year. So how do we expect them to win this game in Portland this year? I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna do it. PSU wins this game.

November 4 vs. Cal Poly - L. I said this last week, Cal Poly is winning this game. I don't care if Eastern is at home. Cal Poly has the better team IMO.

November 11 @ Montana State - L. Man I would love nothing more then for Eastern to play spoiler in this one, but it will be no small feat. It's been a while since they've been to Bozeman and I think it will be over quick.

November 18 vs. Northern Arizona - W. This is their best chance to win a home game. NAU has a better team but I do think NAU plays spoiler in this one. NAU could be playing for their playoff lives while Eastern has nothing to lose, and would like to finish on a high note.

----------------------------------------------

I have Eastern going 2-9. they were 3-8 last season and I struggle to see how they're any better then that this year. It's time for Eastern to move on from Aaron Best. It's been time. The good news for Eags fans is they're gonna have a new AD next year as Lynn Hickey is retiring, so there may be some hope for a change. That's my prediction. Thoughts???

https://twitter.com/gob_marcus/status/1663574899980660736?s=20
Well this will help them out a little bit. They're gonna need a lot more then that though

Griz til I die said:
kemajic said:
There is excessive shade thrown on EWU; they will never be 2-9 bad.
Well they weren't that far off last year. What do you predict their record is then?
They don't play Oregon and Florida this year. 5-6

Griz til I die said:
Well this will help them out a little bit. They're gonna need a lot more then that though

So, the pathetic Eagles out-recruited our coaches again for this kid..........

thirdandlong said:
Griz til I die said:

Well if you were paying attention, you would know that we weren’t recruiting him very hard. Similar to CJ Jordan who everyone thought for sure was coming here. Didn’t exactly put the full court press on this kid

I predict ewooo alumnus Billy Gene Wanamaker (‘01, Certificate of Studies, Diesel Mechanics) will get his 1977 Gran Torino high-centered on a parking curb at the Ritzville Zips.

Oh, and 6-5.

thirdandlong said:
Griz til I die said:

His post is talks about "righting his wrongs". He might have had some off-field things that turned some recruiters away. Not saying we all don't deserve second chances but the coaches may have decided he wouldn't be a good fit. I realise that doesn't fit your narrative but you don't strike me as the kind of poster who really wants to look at bigger pictures. On another note I'm still waiting for your evidence that the age of the coaches is a factor in recruiting and retaining today's players.

I think Eastern wins @ Portland State. The home field “advantage” that PSU has is essentially a neutral site with no crowd. Also Poly. Even though there is a new coach, Poly still needs more offensive firepower than they have. Both PSU and Poly should be very tight though.

While Eastern isn’t playing Florida or anything, they are playing a tough schedule that really does guarantee at least a 1-4 if not a 0-5 start. Them making it to 5-6 would be a miracle that requires them to win a couple games that most have them pegged to lose.

I predict 3-8 or 4-7. Any more would be a surprise. Any less wouldn’t be. That program went downhill HARD.

PDXGrizzly said:
I think Eastern wins @ Portland State. The home field “advantage” that PSU has is essentially a neutral site with no crowd. Also Poly. Even though there is a new coach, Poly still needs more offensive firepower than they have. Both PSU and Poly should be very tight though.

While Eastern isn’t playing Florida or anything, they are playing a tough schedule that really does guarantee at least a 1-4 if not a 0-5 start. Them making it to 5-6 would be a miracle that requires them to win a couple games that most have them pegged to lose.

I predict 3-8 or 4-7. Any more would be a surprise. Any less wouldn’t be. That program went downhill HARD.

What would their record have been without Berriere’s extra eligibility? I think the fall would have been less dramatic. He sure made up for a lot of weaknesses and mad Best look better than he was at the time. Their OC leaving mid season a couple years back should have spoke volumes about the leadership there.

Griz til I die said:
kemajic said:
There is excessive shade thrown on EWU; they will never be 2-9 bad.
Well they weren't that far off last year. What do you predict their record is then?

I agree with Kem. They beat CP like a drum (IMHO), and I think they win 3 of the group of SELA, Weber, PSU, NAU, Idaho. I think they go 4-7.

Back