• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

RIP Sheila Stearns

She did a really nice job bridging the gap between Engstrom and Bodnar as president. Lots of great work for higher education in the state of Montana. She will be missed!

Went to school with Sheila in HS, but a passing thought she was a Homecoming Queen in her undergrad days at U of Montana.

I never met Sheila, but her husband was the best Teacher I ever had.

Thank you Hal Stearns and Condolences to you and your awesome kids

She was a great advocate for UM. We were lucky to have her on our side. I'm happy with Bodnar, but Sheila would have been great if she would have stayed on. She will be missed.

Griz til I die said:
She did a really nice job bridging the gap between Engstrom and Bodnar as president. Lots of great work for higher education in the state of Montana. She will be missed!

I came across this article about our buddy Royce. Good summary of a lousy UM President. The graph on attendance says it all.
http://www.montanakaimin.com/features/the-end-of-engstrom-how-um-s-president-fell-from-grace/article_d48313ac-baae-11e6-8bcf-77cfb385b265.html

Met Sheila Stearns thru the Stearns family of (Harlo). So Very Sorry for your loss Hal & family. The Rector family!

Aside from being strident supporters of UM and the Missoula Community Sheila and Hal are two of the finest people I have ever met. She will be missed by anyone she ever met.

RIP Ms Stearns! You have certainly earned it!!

Back