• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:
Don't do that either!!!! This isn't a binary deal. Just because texting is dangerous doesn't mean drinking and driving isn't.

Montana simply must get over this "it's okay to have 4 or 5 pops and jump in the car with a roadie" belief.

Nobody is being binary, but texting and driving is much worse than being .08 and driving. Not even a close call. Focusing on .08 driving is being binary. You might want to focus on the bigger problem. Speeding and other distracted driving is big too.

This line of thinking drives me absolutelyfvckingcrazy: "Hey, a few things might be worse, so this is okay". Guess what: It is NOT okay.

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
Nobody is being binary, but texting and driving is much worse than being .08 and driving. Not even a close call. Focusing on .08 driving is being binary. You might want to focus on the bigger problem. Speeding and other distracted driving is big too.

This line of thinking drives me absolutelyfvckingcrazy: "Hey, a few things might be worse, so this is okay". Guess what: It is NOT okay.

What's not okay is focusing on one thing, like you are, and failing to focus on other important things.

Also, I did not minimize drunk driving. I said this: "I am more concerned about how MSU has (mis)handled these things so far, and how many other mistakes-issues these coaches have made, than either dui." I said I was more concerned about the MSU response than the 2 dui's. Please learn to read.

In MT, of 277 car accident deaths, 22 were caused people between .08 and .14, and 84 were caused by.15 and over. 2007 stats. Not cherry-picked.

Many of the people killed are the drunk drivers themselves. "The percentages of alcohol-impaired drivers who were in fatal car crashes ranged from 11% in Utah to 34% in Rhode Island."

mthoopsfan said:
'Please learn to read.'
A cliche, ain't gonna actually happen.
Vignette:
My younger brother was, basically, incompetent at life. Always hitting my mother up for money for groceries, rent, bills, fines, you name it. She would say, "When are you going to grow up?!!!" I'd tell her it won't happen. You are just propping him up. Never had to fall on his face. He hadn't even hit 50 at that point. Everett won't learn :shit:

mthoopsfan said:
Wolf777 said:
I know you grew up in the era of a drinking age of 18 and either no legal limit or much higher legal limits, but your statements are asinine. In this day and age to downplay drinking and driving at any level is inexcusable, just like their actions.

Texting and driving is worse than .08 drinking and driving. Most dui accidents and deaths are caused by drivers who are double the limit or more and/or who have had prior dui's. People like you focus on alcohol when other driving distractions, like texting, cause more of the problems. Your view is asinine.

"The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.

"Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.

1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.

Nearly 390,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.

Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.

Texting while driving causes a 400 percent increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity."

"Adults drive with too much alcohol 300,000 times per day in the US."

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/

https://www.bestonlinetrafficschool.co/drunk-driving-statistics/

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:
Texting and driving is worse than .08 drinking and driving. Most dui accidents and deaths are caused by drivers who are double the limit or more and/or who have had prior dui's. People like you focus on alcohol when other driving distractions, like texting, cause more of the problems. Your view is asinine.

"The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.

"Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.

1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.

Nearly 390,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.

Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.

Texting while driving causes a 400 percent increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity."

Wolf, do you need some help learning how to post on egriz?

mthoopsfan said:
Wolf777 said:
I know you grew up in the era of a drinking age of 18 and either no legal limit or much higher legal limits, but your statements are asinine. In this day and age to downplay drinking and driving at any level is inexcusable, just like their actions.

Please take offense to this hoops, f u, and the horse you rode in on. As stated above just because things are more prevalent and also dangerous such as texting and driving does not mean that drinking and driving is not. Sure, a large male with a decent tolerance probably function fine at a BAC of 0.08 but an inexperienced college age female that weighs 90 lbs soaking wet probably doesn’t. The line has to be drawn somewhere and clearly a BAC of 0.1 wasn’t an acceptable line after assessing years of data.

I would tell you that if you want some actual experience to go with your nonchalant opinions, come join me in a trauma room on a Friday night and see that it’s surely no big deal. Tell that sober patient that was driving along minding their own business that it’s no big deal that they got hit by a drunk driver going the wrong way or blowing a stop sign. I can tell you I’ve seen enough lives changed to know it’s a Big fudging deal, and that culturally Montana is stuck in the Stone Age, and your cavalier cowboy mentality is the common denominator in this state. But yeah, you don’t even reside hear anymore so no skin off your back.

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Please take offense to this hoops, f u, and the horse you rode in on. As stated above just because things are more prevalent and also dangerous such as texting and driving does not mean that drinking and driving is not. Sure, a large male with a decent tolerance probably function fine at a BAC of 0.08 but an inexperienced college age female that weighs 90 lbs soaking wet probably doesn’t. The line has to be drawn somewhere and clearly a BAC of 0.1 wasn’t an acceptable line after assessing years of data.

I would tell you that if you want some actual experience to go with your nonchalant opinions, come join me in a trauma room on a Friday night and see that it’s surely no big deal. Tell that sober patient that was driving along minding their own business that it’s no big deal that they got hit by a drunk driver going the wrong way or blowing a stop sign. I can tell you I’ve seen enough lives changed to know it’s a Big fudging deal, and that culturally Montana is stuck in the Stone Age, and your cavalier cowboy mentality is the common denominator in this state. But yeah, you don’t even reside hear anymore so no skin off your back.

You are immature. Lacking experience and perspective.

Tell us about the accidents from speeding, careless driving, texting and other distracted driving. The stats don’t support you. I suppose you talk on your phone and drive do you text and drive too? Lots of things are a big deal. When you grow up, you may learn that.

My family is now 6th generation Montanan on both my dad and mom’s Anglo side. Who knows what generation on my Native American side. I have places in Missoula, Big Sky and Flathead. Yet you don’t think I live here. Pretty funny. You need to pay more attention or shut up. You are a baby.

pr’s argument: X number of people were killed last year when they were struck by lighting so we shouldn’t try to keep people from dying of cancer.

EverettGriz said:
pr’s argument: X number of people were killed last year when they were struck by lighting so we shouldn’t try to keep people from dying of cancer.

Our family has had one death and one serious car accident in the last 75 years. A death caused by texting. 24 years old. Another, our son, hit by kid looking down at his phone as our son was walking in crosswalk at light last year. 31 days in hospital including 12 in ICU. 3 major surgeries and joint reconstructions. About a dozen broken bones. Will have more surgery. He will never be the same.

Texting-phone more serious than low level dui’s. People like you ignore the larger problem.

Again:

"Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.”

“ The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that driving while texting is six times more dangerous than driving drunk. Reading or sending a text takes your eyes off the road for about five seconds.Jul 21, 2022”

mthoopsfan said:
Wolf777 said:

Tell us about the accidents from speeding, careless driving, texting and other distracted driving. The stats don’t support you. I suppose you talk on your phone and drive do you text and drive too? Lots of things are a big deal. When you grow up, you may learn that.

My family is now 6th generation Montanan on both my dad and mom’s Anglo side. Who knows what generation on my Native American side. I have places in Missoula, Big Sky and Flathead. Yet you don’t think I live here. Pretty funny. You need to pay more attention or shut up. You are a baby.

Actually I pay attention plenty and you spout off more about your place down south on the lake as well as your drinking buddies which apparently includes everyone you think is important in the free world. Want to talk about someone who needs to pay attention?

Nobody ever said other factors weren’t an issue. All you have to do is actually read any accidents reports to the public and look at that last line. A majority of the time that says either alcohol was or wasn’t a factor. And in this state it says that alcohol was a factor far more than it should have.

And good for you and your family that 6 generations only have been affected by 2 accidents. Plenty of other people in this state are greatly affected by alcohol. And not Just car accidents. The amount of alcoholics in this state that struggle to function in society or have end stage liver failure is appalling. As someone with native ancestry you also knowall too well how alcohol has affected the native communities in this state. Anecdotes must run your world. Is this where you tell me that your aunts, cousins, friends, half brothers dog was injured by a driver who was texting. That’s usually what you resort to next.

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Actually I pay attention plenty and you spout off more about your place down south on the lake as well as your drinking buddies which apparently includes everyone you think is important in the free world. Want to talk about someone who needs to pay attention?

Nobody ever said other factors weren’t an issue. All you have to do is actually read any accidents reports to the public and look at that last line. A majority of the time that says either alcohol was or wasn’t a factor. And in this state it says that alcohol was a factor far more than it should have.

And good for you and your family that 6 generations only have been affected by 2 accidents. Plenty of other people in this state are greatly affected by alcohol. And not Just car accidents. The amount of alcoholics in this state that struggle to function in society or have end stage liver failure is appalling. As someone with native ancestry you also knowall too well how alcohol has affected the native communities in this state. Anecdotes must run your world. Is this where you tell me that your aunts, cousins, friends, half brothers dog was injured by a driver who was texting. That’s usually what you resort to next.

I've studied this thread and have to go with Hoops on this one.

Hoops said driving while texting is worse than driving drunk, provides stats to prove it.

EG counters with: you are an ass for saying drunk driving good, texting while driving bad, which Hoops never said.

Wolf piles onto the false narrative that Hoops was endorsing drunk driving.

Hoops explains how EG and Wolf have comprehension issues, and they double down on false claim.

Got to hand it to EG and Wolf, if twisting words was an Olympic event, they would qualify.

mthoopsfan said:
“People get dui’s. Sometimes they are not much over the limit, which is too low in my view, and not impaired.”

Guess we must have misunderstood you PR, and all this discussion about that 0.08 was moot. :roll:

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:

I don’t talk about drinking buddies. Let me know when you want to visit the gravesite at the family ranch or meet our son. With your trauma experience, maybe you could take a few shifts working with him. You equate our son with a half brother’s dog? You are a dickhead.

https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/pdf/impaired-driving-new/CDC-impaired-driving-fact-sheet-Montana.pdf

You name drop more than anyone I’ve ever seen.

I didn’t equate your son with that at all, just your constant need to go off the rails away from any direct point to control you narrative. This response is a prime example.

PeauxRouge said:
Hoops, how many threads can you hijack steer them to your own narrative? Seriously, well done...

This is not hijacking’s a thread:

“I am more concerned about how MSU has (mis)handled these things so far, and how many other mistakes-issues these coaches have made, than either dui. People get dui’s. Sometimes they are not much over the limit, which is too low in my view, and not impaired.”

WHY does every single thread have to get hijacked and lead to a massive disagreement? This thread is about the bad behavior of Cat coaches and how MSU is not handling it properly. That's something all Griz fans should be able to agree on.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Wolf777 said:

I've studied this thread and have to go with Hoops on this one.

Hoops said driving while texting is worse than driving drunk, provides stats to prove it.

EG counters with: you are an ass for saying drunk driving good, texting while driving bad, which Hoops never said.

Wolf piles onto the false narrative that Hoops was endorsing drunk driving.

Hoops explains how EG and Wolf have comprehension issues, and they double down on false claim.

Got to hand it to EG and Wolf, if twisting words was an Olympic event, they would qualify.

Thx.

Wolf777 said:
https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/pdf/impaired-driving-new/CDC-impaired-driving-fact-sheet-Montana.pdf

You name drop more than anyone I’ve ever seen.

I didn’t equate your son with that at all, just your constant need to go off the rails away from any direct point to control you narrative. This response is a prime example.

“The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that driving while texting is six times more dangerous than driving drunk. Reading or sending a text takes your eyes off the road for about five seconds.Jul 21, 2022”

What does name-dropping have to do with this thread?
At least, I know some interesting people. If you weren’t such an immature dick, maybe you would know some.

Back