• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

retiredpopo said:
https://www.montana.edu/policy/hr_policies/personnel_records.html
https://rules.mt.gov/gateway/RuleNo.asp?RN=2%2E21%2E6615

So, they CAN comment when it involves a public crime. Because, you know, the public part. Nobody is asking what meds they’re on or what vacation days they took.

CDAGRIZ said:
retiredpopo said:
https://www.montana.edu/policy/hr_policies/personnel_records.html
https://rules.mt.gov/gateway/RuleNo.asp?RN=2%2E21%2E6615

So, they CAN comment when it involves a public crime. Because, you know, the public part. Nobody is asking what meds they’re on or what vacation days they took.

...Let's get John Durham on it.

The reality is if this is the brand msu chooses then so be it. Garza should spend some time in jail and Housewright should be let go but that’s just my opinion. The President and AD are the people who need to address this and show some spine and integrity. We’ll see.
Bottom line is Bobby and his coaches need to quit the lip service and put together a football team that can compete with the cats whether the two criminals are on the sidelines or not. No more excuses. Just field a football team that competes. The cat game was a disaster. Our league standings were unacceptable by any standard. Like I said the charges in this case will be dummy downed and the msu response will be none of this happened without comment. Who cares..I don’t because all I care about is us.

nzone said:
The reality is if this is the brand msu chooses then so be it. Garza should spend some time in jail and Housewright should be let go but that’s just my opinion. The President and AD are the people who need to address this and show some spine and integrity. We’ll see.
Bottom line is Bobby and his coaches need to quit the lip service and put together a football team that can compete with the cats whether the two criminals are on the sidelines or not. No more excuses. Just field a football team that competes. The cat game was a disaster. Our league standings were unacceptable by any standard. Like I said the charges in this case will be dummy downed and the msu response will be none of this happened without comment. Who cares..I don’t because all I care about is us.

I actually like how it is playing out. I hope MSU does not do anything until after the cases are adjudicated. be great if they end up having to find a new DC and OC mid season.....I also believe if the charges are dumbed down they probably were not strong of cases. I hope that is not the case but if it is cats still sux.

retiredpopo said:
nzone said:

I actually like how it is playing out. I hope MSU does not do anything until after the cases are adjudicated. be great if they end up having to find a new DC and OC mid season.....I also believe if the charges are dumbed down they probably were not strong of cases. I hope that is not the case but if it is cats still sux.

Judging by your screen name, I hope you're not serious that the cases are not strong if they are dumbed down. Most high-profile cases like this tend to involve high-profile attorneys, ones who will throw WAY more shit against the wall until something sticks, and they will bury the prosecution in bogus suppression hearings, etc. Most plea agreements happen because they're too busy handling the case-loads they have, and something that will require extra work will get pled out quickly. The driving suspended charge won't get pled cuz that's way too easy to prove, that dude's screwed. The DUI/accident, that one could get pled to reckless and leaving the scene, but they'll do everything they can to get rid of the DUI. Either that, or they'll offer a deferred sentence which comes off his record after 6 mos/year depending on the agreement.

EverettGriz said:
I do not understand why msu cannot or will not release a statement saying something along the lines of “these allegations are serious and contrary to our mission at msu.
Because it’s not contrary to their mission, it’s consistent with their “culture” of win at all costs.

They knowingly hired drunks, facilitated their addiction, and are trying to coverup the aftermath. Not a surprise they are trying to keep it quiet to sweep it under the rug.

garizzalies said:
EverettGriz said:
I do not understand why msu cannot or will not release a statement saying something along the lines of “these allegations are serious and contrary to our mission at msu.
Because it’s not contrary to their mission, it’s consistent with their “culture” of win at all costs.

They knowingly hired drunks, facilitated their addiction, and are trying to coverup the aftermath. Not a surprise they are trying to keep it quiet to sweep it under the rug.

Yeah I guess I consistently give them the benefit of the doubt, figuring they just have to be better than this. But they constantly prove me wrong.

nzone said:

"No more excuses. Just field a football team that competes. The cat game was a disaster. Our league standings were unacceptable by any standard."

Yep.

I am more concerned about how MSU has (mis)handled these things so far, and how many other mistakes-issues these coaches have made, than either dui. People get dui’s. Sometimes they are not much over the limit, which is too low in my view, and not impaired. What kind of person in a position like a coach, drives without a valid license? What kind of person drinks and has a wreck, and then keeps driving? What kind of person in a position like a coach, lies to the police. What kind of university and coach stays silent and doesn’t take some or more action? Truly unbelievable to me.

Finally released a mugshot?

7n1n32.jpg

mthoopsfan said:
I am more concerned about how MSU has (mis)handled these things so far, and how many other mistakes-issues these coaches have made, than either dui. People get dui’s. Sometimes they are not much over the limit, which is too low in my view, and not impaired. What kind of person in a position like a coach, drives without a valid license? What kind of person drinks and has a wreck, and then keeps driving? What kind of person in a position like a coach, lies to the police. What kind of university and coach stays silent and doesn’t take some or more action? Truly unbelievable to me.

I know you grew up in the era of a drinking age of 18 and either no legal limit or much higher legal limits, but your statements are asinine. In this day and age to downplay drinking and driving at any level is inexcusable, just like their actions.

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:

I know you grew up in the era of a drinking age of 18 and either no legal limit or much higher legal limits, but your statements are asinine. In this day and age to downplay drinking and driving at any level is inexcusable, just like their actions.
This day and age has breweries with play areas for your kids to run around while you can drink three pints of 8% IPAs and be “responsible “. If anything it seems more acceptable on a social level and less acceptable on the law side of things. Its all the same when ya get pulled over

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:

I grew up in that era. Legal drinking age was 18 when I turned 18, the next year it went to 19, when I turned 19 then 21 when I turned 21. I $hit you not! Blessed I Guess! :lol:

grizondarez said:
Wolf777 said:
This day and age has breweries with play areas for your kids to run around while you can drink three pints of 8% IPAs and be “responsible “. If anything it seems more acceptable on a social level and less acceptable on the law side of things. Its all the same when ya get pulled over

So are you suggesting that people cannot or should not be responsible for their own actions? Like, maybe take the kids to the brewery, but one spouse is the DD and only drinks soda? Or maybe just have one beer? Or maybe walk to the brewery? I don't have children, but I can tell you that I regularly go to breweries and do not drive drunk.

It's all about personal responsibility. You know, like, taking one of the hundreds of other options available to the bub's coaching staff rather than to get hammered and then fire up the SUV, all consequences be dammed.

Which is why it's so infuriating that the "leadership" group at msu hasn't made an emphatic statement concerning these issues. Obviously, they don't believe in personal accountability beyond what impacts the win-loss column.

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Texting and driving is worse than .08 drinking and driving. Most dui accidents and deaths are caused by drivers who are double the limit or more and/or who have had prior dui's. People like you focus on alcohol when other driving distractions, like texting, cause more of the problems. Your view is asinine.

"The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.

"Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.

1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.

Nearly 390,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.

Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.

Texting while driving causes a 400 percent increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity."

"Adults drive with too much alcohol 300,000 times per day in the US."

https://www.edgarsnyder.com/

https://www.bestonlinetrafficschool.co/drunk-driving-statistics/

Drinking and driving have come a long way in the past 50+ years. MADD was a gross overreaction, killed a lot of small businesses, but kept PEOPLE from getting killed in wrecks. There are tradeoffs, in the real world. I got 'blotto' when I was 17 or 18, car full of buddies. Didn't recognize where I was in the early morning fog of drunkenness. Turns out I was southbound on a northbound one-way. :roll: Only car on the street pulled alongside and turned on its toplights. Drivers License gave the officer all he needed to know, as he worked with my dad prior to becoming a Police Officer. I took my drinking buddies home with the officers approval. Different day, different times.
Fast forward 20+ years, a friend recounts a few scenes. Car leaving the bar, weaving all over the road, according to a friend of mine. Officer pulls him over. Young guy with buddies. He could hardly stand up for a field sobriety test. No way was he able to drive home to another town. The rest were in no better shape. At the jail, he blew a 0.11 BAC(0.1 was the limit at the time).
Another time, same officer pulls over another guy doing a serpentine down the highway. Said he was just going a mile down the road to his brothers house to spend the night. He gets a break. 10-15 minutes later, the officer checks the brothers address, no car, no drunk. Evidently, he was heading home, a 40 mile drive. Longest night of his career, according to the officer. Kept waiting for Dispatch to call out a wreck down thatta way. Never came. No more breaks given after that.
Then, another night, another weaving car gets pulled over. Well known to Law Enforcement. Two prior DUIs. No breaks, just jail. At the time, #3 was a felony. 59722 time. LIVE and learn.

mthoopsfan said:
Wolf777 said:

Texting and driving is worse than .08 drinking and driving. Most dui accidents and deaths are caused by drivers who are double the limit or more and/or who have had prior dui's. People like you focus on alcohol when other driving distractions, like texting, cause more of the problems. Your view is asinine.

"The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year.

"Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.

1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.

Nearly 390,000 injuries occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving.

Answering a text takes away your attention for about five seconds. Traveling at 55 mph, that's enough time to travel the length of a football field.

Texting while driving causes a 400 percent increase in time spent with eyes off the road.
Of all cell phone related tasks, texting is by far the most dangerous activity."

Don't do that either!!!! This isn't a binary deal. Just because texting is dangerous doesn't mean drinking and driving isn't.

Montana simply must get over this "it's okay to have 4 or 5 pops and jump in the car with a roadie" belief.

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Don't do that either!!!! This isn't a binary deal. Just because texting is dangerous doesn't mean drinking and driving isn't.

Montana simply must get over this "it's okay to have 4 or 5 pops and jump in the car with a roadie" belief.

Nobody is being binary, but texting and driving is much worse than being .08 and driving. Not even a close call. Focusing on .08 driving is being binary. You might want to focus on the bigger problem. Speeding and other distracted driving is big too.

State of MT is numero-uno.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/car-insurance/worst-states-for-drunk-driving/

Score 100 out of 100

With the culture and role models MSc condones, it’s no surprise.

Back