• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bubs hire DII HC

EverettGriz

DONOR
https://www.montanarightnow.com/sports/montana-state/matt-logie-named-montana-state-head-mens-basketball-coach/article_8183c84e-dd53-11ed-bb25-ef8ecf6726bd.html

Well, on the bright side they didn't have to ask six candidates before one said yes this time.

Did the latest Cat to go to the Portal, wait until the new coach was selected? I had assumed all along that he would go to Utah St.

I'm pretty sure their top target was the USC guy so may not have gotten their first choice in this search either. I will say this though, Matt Logie is a very good coach, but idk if he's necessarily a good fit for the cats especially since it appears he's gonna have a complete overhaul of the roster and coaching staff. He's gonna have a ton of work to do. He does have a lot of familiarity with the Big Sky and Decuire in particular so that could make it a little easier, but I do think it's always tough when a guy has no prior D1 coaching experience moves up after years at the D2 and D3 ranks to win right away, but Tobin Anderson at FDU was the exception to that so I guess we'll see! Good luck to him. He's got a ton of work to do in a very short amount of time!

EverettGriz said:
https://www.montanarightnow.com/sports/montana-state/matt-logie-named-montana-state-head-mens-basketball-coach/article_8183c84e-dd53-11ed-bb25-ef8ecf6726bd.html

Well, on the bright side they didn't have to ask six candidates before one said yes this time.

Turned out very good with Vigen!

Wow‼️ with all of the turnover that the cats have had this year with coaches and players, they all have a lot of rebuilding to do this coming year. And at least we won’t have to worry about the Cats this coming basketball season. They will be lucky to beat Bozeman High.
GO GRIZ!

Their coach is a winner. We’ll see how quickly it translates to DI but his whitworth teams were no slouches.

PeauxRouge said:
Their coach is a winner. We’ll see how quickly it translates to DI but his whitworth teams were no slouches.

"Don't sell yourself short Judge. You're a tremendous slouch."

Back