• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Short passing game

BillingsMafia

Will Pease bring back the screens and short passing game of Don Read? If he does hello national championship.
Has anyone seen any thing in spring ball that would indicate a change in offense? Or will it be run, run pass punt as I've grown to despise?

BillingsMafia said:
Will Pease bring back the screens and short passing game of Don Read? If he does hello national championship.
Has anyone seen any thing in spring ball that would indicate a change in offense? Or will it be run, run pass punt as I've grown to despise?

I'm sure there are people who know.
Unfortunately, telling others is now considered treason.
I'd be surprised to see any information like that posted here.
The days of releasing info that Hauck doesn't want shared are over.

I was updated about Bradford well before the official announcement. Unfortunately, to date I know nothing of any scheme changes. I'm not expecting any info until late summer, if I'm lucky.

BillingsMafia said:
I'm not sure the screen game, especially Coach Read's beloved middle screen, would work as well in today's game. In the 1990's most D was base 4-3-4 with all four DL coming hard on every play. In todays game you often see D linemen dropping into zone or even man to man. Gubner had 4 picks a few seasons back and it wasn't because he was bull rushing every play.

mtgrizrule said:
BillingsMafia said:

I was updated about Bradford well before the official announcement. Unfortunately, to date I know nothing of any scheme changes. I'm not expecting any info until late summer, if I'm lucky.
You can always go to practice and find out for yourself if you want, but if they find out you're spreading stuff on here, they likely won't let you back.

This stuff isn't complicated.

uofmman1122 said:
mtgrizrule said:

You can always go to practice and find out for yourself if you want, but if they find out you're spreading stuff on here, they likely won't let you back.

I could. Unfortunately, in this economy, I'm not spending money on QB Club membership. Members are only permitted to view practices. I'm sure things will be vanilla at the spring scrimmage. Argh!

mtgrizrule said:
uofmman1122 said:

I could. Unfortunately, in this economy, I'm not spending money on QB Club membership. Members are only permitted to view practices. I'm sure things will be vanilla at the spring scrimmage. Argh!
Right. It costs money to get the access needed to be able to report what's going on, and reporting what's going on will get your access revoked.

I think you can start to see why expecting people to give up access they had to pay for in order to share practice updates on a public forum to people unwilling to pay is a little entitled.

BillingsMafia said:

I'd be elated if he figures out how to get the ball in the hands of the playmakers, whomever they may be and perhaps recognizes that there is a big part of the field between the numbers that seldom gets any action.

A strong running game makes that possible. Just sayin.

Talked to someone very much in the know. The screen game is a major point of emphasis for Pease. Offense formation wise and such won’t look much different to the naked eye, but there will certainly be schematic changes on how they run certain things. Especially the run game.

Nobody really gives a flying flip what is posted on a forum like this. Other coaches don't get their information from fan boards. Besides, what ever you are seeing in spring practices is moot at best. By the time the first conference game happens, every coach in the league will know most everything about all of the other programs. At that point it's all about doing what you do eficiently enough to win games.

A zebra doesn't change its stripes. I think you can expect, very nearly, what you had last year. It's just a matter of how well you do what you do. You might have a new play caller, and that may help, but it's still BH's team. It will still reflect BH's personality. Don't expect huge changes.

oldrunner said:
Nobody really gives a flying flip what is posted on a forum like this. Other coaches don't get their information from fan boards. Besides, what ever you are seeing in spring practices is moot at best. By the time the first conference game happens, every coach in the league will know most everything about all of the other programs. At that point it's all about doing what you do eficiently enough to win games.

A zebra doesn't change its stripes. I think you can expect, very nearly, what you had last year. It's just a matter of how well you do what you do. You might have a new play caller, and that may help, but it's still BH's team. It will still reflect BH's personality. Don't expect huge changes.

You have no clue. Almost everything you said was wrong. Some people are close to the program and know what's going on. You obviously don't.

oldrunner said:

Embracing efficiency by saving time typing extra "f"s. I suppose like most Weber State Alums you were in your mid 40's when you left school, so time is of the essence.

SaskGriz said:
oldrunner said:

Embracing efficiency by saving time typing extra "f"s. I suppose like most Weber State Alums you were in your mid 40's when you left school, so time is of the essence.
From a guy who adds unnecessary letters to words like "color."

uofmman1122 said:
mtgrizrule said:
Right. It costs money to get the access needed to be able to report what's going on, and reporting what's going on will get your access revoked.

Guess which book this quote came from(you only get one try):
"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one’s own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn’t, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn’t have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle. “That’s some catch, that Catch-22,” he observed. “It’s the best there is,” Doc Daneeka agreed."

kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
From a guy who adds unnecessary letters to words like "color."
Okay, fair play, you got me there Kem.

oldrunner said:

Funny how the outsider speaks the truth.

gotgame75 said:
oldrunner said:

Funny how the outsider speaks the truth.

It's funny how idiots flock to a feather.

mthoopsfan said:
BillingsMafia said:
Personal name calling add nothing to this forum. Its getting almost not worth my keystrokes to read some of this BS

The board would be better off without you.
Thats not correct. Perfect example of lack of critical thinking skills that plaque this forum.

Back