• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Your Brackets: Do They Suck Worse than Mine?

Been bad at full brackets for too long ... so we don't do that. We leaned a bit toward Alabama, but without much enthusiasm. And I see they're gone now. Plus, it looks like the last 1-seed is also on the way out. (Time left, but down by double digits.) So, not only will we not have any of the so-called "blue bloods"– Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, etc. – in the Elite-Eight, but we likely won't have any 1-seeds in the Final Four. Be interesting to see how long it's been since that happened last.

We generally go with a day-by-day matchup prediction, just for fun. And we've been pretty good, running 75-85%. NOT this year. We're doing better than a coin flip, but not by a whole lot ... more in the 65-70% range.

As Barkley said on TV tonight: whoever wins the Gonzaga-UConn game, wins it all. I mostly agree with him, although Texas could have a say.

Zags losing totally f-up my bracket - Had 3 of 4 still in it 24 hours ago. Now only TX!

mthoopsfan said:
My bracket just got busted. Princeton lost.
Just happened to still have our recording of the game ... and wanted to see more of Creighton. Lots of fun to see Princeton's blend of their old-school style (crisp passes to cutters, etc.) with the current-style kick-out and perimeter passes to set up open treys. Sadly, they had no good answer to Creighton's seven-footer, Kalkbrenner. They could only try to keep the ball out of hands because, if he got the ball inside, he was pretty much stoppable.

And it looks like San Diego State has the same problem. The Aztecs are hanging in there, but Kalkbrenner already has 10 points with like three minutes in the half.

Edit: Yet SDSU pulled it out and are headed into the Final Four. One Hell of a game!

Wow, what a blood bath this year. No top seeds left: A four, two fives, and a nine. The ACC and Big East are in, along with Conference-USA and the Mountain West. But ... no Big Ten, no Big 12, no Pac-12, and no SEC.

Back